Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 10 days out and just blew it by eating 3 french fries! It was the first thing I have eaten that wasn't Water or diet shakes. I chewed like crazy and didn't have any strange sensations. I hope I don't make a habit of this. I'm not supposed to start mushies until the 24th. I don't know why I did it. I've been feeling hungry but in control (so I thought).

Don't be so freaked out. I ate a doughnut sometime in my 3rd week and expected it to get stuck and barf it back up. I didn't so I ate a few more. Horrible...I could have shot myself. :thumbup: 3 fries is no biggie, but at least you know you shouldn't do it and try not to let it happen again. Its a huge change to make and we all slip up now and then.

I am 10 days out and just blew it by eating 3 french fries! It was the first thing I have eaten that wasn't Water or diet shakes. I chewed like crazy and didn't have any strange sensations. I hope I don't make a habit of this. I'm not supposed to start mushies until the 24th. I don't know why I did it. I've been feeling hungry but in control (so I thought).

Jen

The reason for not eating is that your stomach is healing and they don't want anything to distrub the stiches right now. I don't think you have done any major damage but again I really can't say cuz I didn't go to medical school. :thumbup:

If you can't stop yourself from eating these foods - then do your very best not to be tempted by them - make some good homemade creamed Soups or broth - this should help (or I just read you have had nothing but Water & Protein drinks for the last 10 days???) What are your doc's orders - can you have broths - creamed (totaly smooth) Soups. I had soupy mashed potatoes and that saved me during the liquid phase along with cream of chicken soups.

Please do your very very best to follow your doc's orders - there are reasons (health of your band) I know it's hard but you really don't want any complications and they can happen if you don't follow your eating plan.

Good luck - I know how hard this is - but you can do it.... Welcome to band land...

Jen

The reason for not eating is that your stomach is healing and they don't want anything to distrub the stiches right now. I don't think you have done any major damage but again I really can't say cuz I didn't go to medical school. :mad2:

If you can't stop yourself from eating these foods - then do your very best not to be tempted by them - make some good homemade creamed Soups or broth - this should help (or I just read you have had nothing but Water & Protein drinks for the last 10 days???) What are your doc's orders - can you have broths - creamed (totaly smooth) soups. I had soupy mashed potatoes and that saved me during the liquid phase along with cream of chicken soups.

Please do your very very best to follow your doc's orders - there are reasons (health of your band) I know it's hard but you really don't want any complications and they can happen if you don't follow your eating plan.

Good luck - I know how hard this is - but you can do it.... Welcome to band land...

My husband brought in dinner after a long drive and asked "do you mind"? I gave him a nasty look, I thought that would be good enough. He stepped away and I stole the fries like I was a child. I told him about it and he said "I guess I can't tempt you like that again." No Kidding.

My doctor says nothing but Protein shakes, Water, crystal light. I have to stay on it until my second post-op diet 3/24. Compared to most of the posts I have read in here, it seems extremely cautious. He has done more than 1,000 of this bands however.

My doc had me on 4 weeks of liquids post op, every doctor is different. He even had me do 2 weeks liquids after fills. I think the most weight i lost was the 4 weeks post op because of the liquids! Keep going though, let us know if you survive!

My husband brought in dinner after a long drive and asked "do you mind"? I gave him a nasty look, I thought that would be good enough. He stepped away and I stole the fries like I was a child. I told him about it and he said "I guess I can't tempt you like that again." No Kidding.

My doctor says nothing but Protein shakes, Water, crystal light. I have to stay on it until my second post-op diet 3/24. Compared to most of the posts I have read in here, it seems extremely cautious. He has done more than 1,000 of this bands however.

OMW - that would be very hard cuz I hate sweets 24/7 - I guess I was very lucky with my doc 10 days full liquids included Soups - then 10 day mushie - 10 soft and then regular. I do have to go back to post-op diet after a fill but i only do 3 or 4 days liquids then move to mushie - mushie is not prob for me - Hugs to you on shakes - I don't think I would have made it on shakes for that long