Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To all of you SLOW LOSERS!!

you go gurl you look great and even tho it took you two yrs it was worth the time! you very heathy and fittin those jeans nice ( my 20 yr old son said) so you got it goin on!! 2thumbs up

Mini--There had to be something that you started doing that made it come off again. More exercise? Slim Fast? I know you said the Chili/Frosty but I don't think so! However, that would be great! Anyhow, I have been sitting at 180-185 for 3/4 months now and could use any pointers that you may have. What was your Breakfast and dinner like? exercise routine?

Any help would be appricated!

CONGRATULATIONS WOMAN!

10 MONTHS DOWN AND ON A STANDSTILL HERE.I GOT 1/2 CC FILL A WEEK AGO THAT MADE NO DIFFERENCE IN MY RESTRICTION....SO I DECIDED TO MAINTAIN THE COURSE AND JUST TAKE MINIMAL AS BEFORE-EVEN THOUGH I SEEM TO BE GRUMBLY AND HUNGRY A LOT.

I DIDN T GAIN IT OVERNIGHT AND KNEW I WOULDN T LOSE IT OVERNIGHT.BUT I CERTAINLY WOULD HAVE BEEN DISCOURAGED ENOUGH BY NOW TO QUIT-WITHOUT MY BAND.! I STILL FEEL IT IS A LIFE SAVER !

I VE BEEN LINGERING AT 181-180 FOR 2 MONTHS....YESTERDAY BROKE THAT PLATEAU WITH 178...YEAAAA.

AND I REMEMBER FROM WEIGHT WATCHERS ~~YEARS AGO----IF YOU AREN T LOSING POUNDS~YOU ARE PROBABLY LOSING INCHES.

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON...I VE never BEEN IN A SIZE 6 IN MY LIFE.......AND NEVER COULD BE-----EVEN IF i WAS SKIN AND BONES.i M SO PROUD FOR YOU..!

Mini--There had to be something that you started doing that made it come off again. More exercise? Slim Fast? I know you said the Chili/Frosty but I don't think so! However, that would be great! Anyhow, I have been sitting at 180-185 for 3/4 months now and could use any pointers that you may have. What was your Breakfast and dinner like? exercise routine?

Any help would be appricated!

CONGRATULATIONS WOMAN!

Truly? I did nothing different. I stopped worrying about it, and stopped comparing myself to others. I think you body just has to find its way back to a normal metabolism. Your body wants to hang on to that extra weight as long as it can because it thinks it is going to starve to death.

I did go back to school at the same time the weight loss picked up, but i was only taking one class and i only walked 100 yards to so to get from the parking lot to the school. my body just decided it was ok to let go of some of the weight.

thanks everyone for your kind words.

i created this thread to reassure the slow losers out there that there is always hope for a lighter future.

Hello-

I would like to say hi and I am back! I have been going through alot- personally and professionally- so believe it or not- I gave up :tt2:. I was banded 2 and a half years ago and haven't really lost anything. I do have some restrictions- which is a plus. BUT I know that I need to do more about it. I had to have foot surgery- so I will be out of work for 6 weeks and I thought that this would be a great time to try to jump start myself, by focusing on food- can't do the exercise yet- but I think first things first- food. portions and kinds. I am bad because I like to graze--- I know B)--- does anyone have a tip on a good nutrious snack- that I can have? Also while I am out, I will go back to the doc, for a visit- get another fill. I am going to be visiting this site alot while I am out, to look for inspiriation- which I can say that I have found :cursing:. It is SO nice to know that I am not by myself and there are people out there would are struggling and know how I feel- sometimes you feel alone.

Any tips, advise, or recipes- greatly appreciated.

Thanks MiniMe for this thread. I am a fellow Sprivak bandster and also a slow loser. When I get discouraged at the scales sitting and doing nothing and feel down, I remind myself that at least it's not going up and giving up is not an option because the band is there and it will not allow me to overeat. Now, eating around the band is another issue... I love sweets and can't have just one so I have to keep away from it altogether. Halloween was rough with all the chocolate and candy in the house and I indugled in a handful and sometimes 2 handfuls on a daily basis for 2 weeks+. Amazingly I didn't gain any weight doing that, but of course I didn't lose any weight either. Makes me think that if I hadn't indulged like that, I would have broken 190. I've been fluctuating back and forth between 190 and 192 for the past 3 weeks and it's so frustrating!

Congratulations mini-me!!!! It just goes to show that banding works if you are in it for the long haul :0). You should be very pround of yourself.

Hi guys I am a slow loser too just keep at it and get more fills and don't let food control your life anymore....what helped me was to cut out all calories in drinks except milk I love milk...just Water milk and green tea...I always lose more weight when I drink my tea..

Hello everyone! I too am a slow loser and I lost track of my eating healthy for a couple of months probably since November but I'm getting back on track. I couldn't get enough of my fried wing dings ans meats with gravies so I've decided to cut that out for a while. I will reintroduce myself to it but perhaps try it once or twice a month max. I haven't been exercising at all and that's what I know that I need in order to lose weight so starting today, I'm getting out of the kitchen cooking all those heavy family meals and I'm going to go in the family room and connect my Wii fit so that I can get the weight loss started. I want to lose 10 percent of my body fat in the next 3 months and I know that I can achieve it with your continued support. Thanks for this thread. I'm back for good this time. Happy New Year and may we all have continued success!:thumbup: