Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everyone Please Help Me

OK- Here is the set-up. AS of today 3-11-05 got great news that insurance will give me an answer by mid-next week!! I am very happy & have been praying at nite for God to send me an answer............This evening I recieve a call from a very close friend(she Knows Nothing about my possible WLS). She says that another mutual friend of ours wanted her to call me to ask if I would be interested in something - but didn't want me to be embarrased that she asked. This mutual friend dates the producer of the "BIGGEST LOSER" & she said that they had talked about me & if I wanted could probably set up an audition to be on the next show.

HOLY CRAP! Now what -is this Gods way of telling me not to do the band?? Or is this a stupid thing to do?? I am so fricken confused. I want the band- but know that if I was with personal trainers & chefs & on TV - well I could do it! But will I keep it off a year from now? I don't know if I could tell the world I weigh more than 245pds. Especially my X & all my old co-workers. They would have no clue I weight as much as I do. Not to mention my dog- who would take care of him?-he is old & has lots of needs. My girlfriend said they may arrange for him to be near me if I go. I didn't know what to say to her-so I said I'd think about it & she should ask if my dog could come because he is to old to be in a kennel for mnths.

Than what do I do when insurance says yes next week?The office said they have a tenative date for march 29 -for me. Oh my Gosh- i just can't think straight. Anyone have any ideas for me? PLEASE. I have no one to really ask-because I have told only 3 people(1 is my mom) about the WLS. I know what she would say, try the show, at least I think thats what she say.

PLease anything- anybody has to say may help me. Thank you all for any responses. This has been such a long process & now to have this monkey wrench thrown in is unbelieveable.

Looking for the answer-

Christina

Ps- We should try & get Alex to add spell check.

LA Madam

You can't have any weight lose surgeries & be on the show- have you ever seen it? I am seriously upset & confused & just don't know what to do. I mean should I just forget about the call. Or do I try the trainers & stuff & see? But what if it doesn't work again?

Don't do the show for the weight loss, do it for the money and the exposure and the potential money from that! Then you won't have to wait for insurance to pay, you can afford to pay cash! And you could be on Oprah or something! You have the guts for something like that...I think you would be great on the show...I really enjoyed it last go-round.

The Good Side: get famous for a few months, win money, have a chef and a trainer, meet lots of nice people, see your beautiful face on TV, take a "vacation" from "real" life and live in TVLand for a few months, and lose weight!!!

The Bad Side: get famous, meet mean, competitive, back-stabbing people, don't win a dime, put your life on hold for months just to be embarrassed to see yourself on TV grunting and groaning, and knowing your Ex and former co-workers will see every bit of it, be at the mercy of the producers editing the show to make you look like a B**ch from hell if that's what they want to do...lose weight, gain it back months after you get home and are released from the program, be back at square one and you could have gotten the Band two years ago and kept the weight off and kept your private life to yourself.

Wow, no matter how you look at it, there is a good side and a bad side!!!

And after all that...I just don't know what you should do.

But you would do great on the TV show, I know it!

Oh my. Is there any way that you can hold off on letting your friend know until you hear whether or not you've been approved for sure for surgery? If so, then I'd definately take that route. It'll give you time to find out if you're approved for surgery or not, and can then make a confident decision from there.

I cannot tell you what to do, but will say that getting my band has been in the top 3 best decisions I've ever made in my life. It's helped me to lose and keep off weight that I couldn't even get off on my own pre-surgery. And that was with eating healthy and smaller portions, plus walking 3-5 times per week.

Best wishes to you in making an informed and confident decision!

Hugs, ~Kelly

Wow, you'll have to make the final call. I, personally, would rather go w/the sure thing...the band and your insurance co. I'd like to see those contestants a year or two down the road. I bet they all gain that weight back and more. You're already beautiful! You don't need that show to prove anything to yourself.

Another thought, maybe this is God's way of telling you how certain you are that getting the band is the right choice. You are giving up a neat opportunity for your life, the real one God wants you to have...This is God's way of telling you how sure you are if you are willing to pass up this opportunity...did that make sense...hmmm, going to bed, will get the scoop tomorrow. Night!

The Band will always be there...........If after reading Kathy's post "the bad side" your still excited, than go for it. Try sleeping on it, too. You usaully have clearer head about things the next day. Is your ex blind? Were your co-workers blind? They don't know your heavy?? They will be to busy talking about how "they"worked with you "they" know you. Go for it! Your so pretty and I bet your real out going. Thats what there looking for. And if you don't get picked, you have the band. Go with your gut. Be crazy, you only live once.

I know that was funny about what LaMadam said & its true I have lost my humor over this quandry.(sorry LaMadam) I wish I could do both. But I am just really searching for answers & am scared of making the wrong choice. I do need you to know that I am not that excited at about the show- I am more concerned that God is trying to tell me something. Why the call now? Right after I spoke w/the doc's office saying they'd tell me next week. I am set for surgery in 3 weeks, if the insurance says yes.. I just thought I was all set in my mind-you know?? Prepared & ready..I am sorry I'm not explaining myself well. I am going to take a sleeping pill & hopefully be more coherant tomorrow.

Thank you all- forevery thing

[/quote-Kathy]The Bad Side: get famous, meet mean, competitive, back-stabbing people, don't win a dime, put your life on hold for months just to be embarrassed to see yourself on TV grunting and groaning, and knowing your Ex and former co-workers will see every bit of it, be at the mercy of the producers editing the show to make you look like a B**ch from hell if that's what they want to do...lose weight, gain it back months after you get home and are released from the program, be back at square one and you could have gotten the Band two years ago and kept the weight off and kept your private life to yourself.This is what I am most afraid of.

If you are ever in doubt of what to do, then "do nothing" until you are sure.

You could get the approval for the surgery, and have your surgery date moved back, even a month or two. This would give you time to find out if you would even be chosen for the show for sure. Also it would give you time to decide if the show is really what you would want to do after you hear all the stipulations and things that you may have to do or not do etc... Also continue to pray and ask God for guidance.

Wow - how exciting that you have two choices. I get how stressful it is though. You said you could get an interview but does mean a space or would you need to be chosen? You could proceed with both and see what you feel like after the process. I imagine that they both would force you to look at yourself in a way that nothing else can. It is a win win situation. With both the focus is caring for yourself. Whatever you choose I beleive what your name says it...I'll suceed. You seem like a powerful person and that you are motivated...so good luck with whatever you choose. Keep us posted. I wish we could tell you what to do but it is such a personal choice.

Just my opinion Christina,

But you have been thru so much waiting for the approval and now if you get it your going to turn it down.

This show basically is just another form of a diet and when its done will you be able to continue the weight loss and keep it off? I ask only because I know my own situation. I know I would fall back into old habits and that why I have not been able to succedd in the past. The band was choisen by me as a tool to assist me in my journey. I for one would not turn it down when I'm as close as you are but it is your decision.

Guest betty

Dear I'll Succeed, I Think You Should Go Ahead With Ur Surgery B/c It Will Last U For Life, The Biggest Loser Show, Is Too Much Drama And Besides U Don't Know If You'll Win, And It Will Take For Ever Plus Hard Work To Lose Weight ..... Betty