Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise Challenge

Congrats!!!!!! Ceraded, you did it!!! How wonderful does it feel? You go!!!!!!!!!! That is an awesome!! Congratulation, what a wonderful accomplishment. Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks Jess. It would have felt sooooo much better, but I went for cardiovascular HR today instead of weight loss HR and it really has wiped me out. Think the bug from last week is playing a part as well. It will feel better after I get some rest.

But it still feels great!:thumbdown:

Wow, Ceraded, you have had a pretty big day!! Okay well I hit the gym again tonight..I went for one zumba class and ended up staying for twenty minutes of another wow!! It was awesome so 100 minutes of cardio and worked abs..

Haven't been to the gym lately, "spit" a stitch on my incision over left hip. Went to the doctors 2 X's in the last 2 weeks. They had to dig out the stitch and my hip has been swollen and painful, so I've been babying it. Gorgeous, sunny day today so I walked to the gym, 1.73 miles for 34 minutes roundtrip. 20 minutes on the ElliptiKILL, for a little over 1.8 miles. 30 minutes Wt. Training which included 100 crunches. Would of like to have done more, but I have to start out slow or won't be able to make it back on Friday. This latest surgery, lower body lift, has really been kicking my ass. I thought that I'd be recovered sooner and that the swelling would be gone. Okay, I'm starting to ramble, time to go.

Hi Alynne,

It does seem like that is a really tough surgery, but I know one day you will be happy once your completely healed!! Take care, I will be thinking of you!! Hey quick question, as your body got smaller, did it help motivate you to never go back? Just wondering? I just wonder if it pushes people more once they get down to goal, to stay there because they feel good about themselves, or they like where they are at?

Jess,

Thanks for your kind words. I just have to be patient with the healing process. As for your questions, I've been struggling with staying at my goal weight. I've gone up and down in the last 2 months. Part of that is because I've gone back to old habits like eating out of boredom and part by not being able to go to the gym. It really scares me, as I'm afraid I'll regain all my weight back. As for getting smaller, yes, I still want to be smaller, because in my mind I'm still that fat girl. Take care.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

strappocapelli.gif

I'm SICK, SICK, SICK of trying to fix that gall-durned spreadsheet!

Would y'all be heartbroken if I set it on fire and pretended I never started it? LOL

FIRE.gif

I would love to be able to get back on here full time and keep up with everyone's postings!

I think the spreadsheet is EVIL! LOL

Here's how my week has gone so far:

Monday was chest day....ooo, me loves chest day! Two full hours in the gym, always six sets of twelve reps: chest press @ 140#, chest flys @ 35# dumbbell (love these), barbell lifts @ 35#, 45 degree bench barbell chest press @ 70#, cable chest squeezes @ 40#, lat pull-down squeezes @ 60 (front and back)

Tuesday was biceps/triceps day...goood workout....hour and a half, always six sets of twelve reps...concentration curls @ 30#, hammer curls @ 30#, cable curls @ 40

Today was leg day...leg press I went five plates and low reps. So I pressed 450 pounds of weight plates plus the 60 of the machine....510#...pretty friggin awesome! Did them real slow to make sure I REALLY felt them. Did 8 reps for six sets this time. Then we went to the cable machine and did leg kickbacks...man you sure do feel those suckers working on your bootie and back of your thighs! OUCH! :) Then we did the induction and adduction machine TOO MUCH! I will be SORE in the morning, ladies and gents!

Tomorrow is shoulder day, and Friday is back day...really looking forward to putting the HURT on those weights!

Oh! And this Saturday is a training ride and KickOff party and BBQ for the MS150 that is coming up in May. It's being held at Texas Motor Speedway, and it sounds like it will be a blast as long as the weather cooperates. I am so looking forward to that 150 mile bike ride over two days in May! It is going to be so much fun!

Great workouts Stef!!!!:thumbup: Keep up the great work.

For me today, working the late day shift, so I hit both upper body and cardio. Today and tomorrow are the end of my cycle, so it's the tough end of it.

Upper body was:

Reverse grip lats: 130 x 12

Incl bench: 145 x 12

Cable crossovers: 60 x 12

DB curls: 30 x 12

Skull crushers: 80 x 12

Hammer Strenght military press: 60 x 12

Back ext on Roman chair: 55 lb db x 12

DB shrugs: 90 x 12

Total of 3 circuits. No rest btwn sets other than the walk to the next and about 2 minutes btwn circuits to rest. Easy to do when the reps are 7-9. 10-12 reps are KILLER circuits.

Cardio was 65 minutes on elliptical for 5.11 miles and 1040 calories.

Tomorrow is lower body and cardio together as I'm off. Then, 9 days of no lifting to recoup and back at it again.

I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the bike today.

Good job, guys! Everyone is doing very well! And ANGELNURSE! Wow! You are really back at it now! I'm surprised you can do so much this soon...you rock!

Today is shoulder day for me at the gym...I love working shoulders, so I'm looking forward to that. I forgot to post my riding on here earlier: Sunday, Monday and Wednesday I got on the trainer and rode for about an hour each time. Saturday is a training ride and kick-off party for the MS150, so I hope to get in a good ride that day. The weather may be too cold, though...we'll see. I'm going regardless. I really miss getting outside on my bike as much as I would like here lately!

This last fill is REALLY a kicker! Still so very tight. But I'm losing like crazy, so no complaints here.

OK, I'm in... I'm just getting started, so I think I'll count my miles, not my minutes. 3 workouts, total 9.72 miles so far.

First, I crack the century mark. Which, in and of itself, makes it a great week. But, then today, I just got unofficial word that I made it back on the SWAT team in my dept!:blink:

This was one of my reasons for wanting the band. I had to drop off the team in Jan. of 2004 due to weight issues. It was basically at that moment I pretty much gave up on working out on a regular basis. I just didn't have the drive to get in any more. I gave up. My weight went up FAST.

Late 2006, I finally decided I had to do something about my weight or I was not going to be around too much longer at the rate I was going. So, lapband was my choice. I had to jump through alot of hoops for the insurance and luckily had a really great clinic I was going through that fought some of my battles with BC/BS of IL, but it was worth it.

1 week after my 6 mo. bandiversary and 2 goals are accomplished! This is an amazing tool and I will tell everyone who will even listen to me about it.

Just thought I'd check in with my exercise buddies. The surgery went well. The Lipo hurts alot. The muscle repair is the pits and I'm feeling very whining. Other than that all is good. I really think that all the exercise paid off. The PS said I had very little fat on my stomach, that is was all muscle. Pretty cool! Also, I'm glad for all those squats because I've been able to use those muscle to help me ambulate. I'm strong but it will be a while before I'm back at the gym. Take care, all!