Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

WOW! I can't believe someone posted! It's been so long.

I hope everyone is well. I have checked here often and assumed that everyone is off living their new lives. I hope it's been happy and successful.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Hope everyone enjoys a warm Christmas and a Haopy New Year. I have reached my goal for year end and now only have about 25 lbs left for the New Year!!! Yay!!!!

OK so how horrible did everyone do with eating over the holiday....boy does that suck when ur willpower loses to hmmm that looks good

I was a baaaaaaad boy........

I was bad too, but am now back on the wagon so to speak. ;) I'll still have a few pounds to re-lose after the new year, but it was worth it. Had a great holiday and I know I'll it'll come off again. Even though I was "bad" it was not even close to the old me and what I would have gained pre-band. Happy New Year everyone!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!! Looking forward to achieving my goal weight in this new year. Surprisingly I didn't gain over the holidays. I actually lost a few pounds. I just haven't had an appetite lately.

I wish every one even more success with the band in 2010!!:biggrin::thumbup::tongue2::thumbup::smile2::thumbup::w00t::thumbup::scared2::thumbup:

Haven’t posted in awhile so I thought I would give everyone an update. First of all I hope everyone is doing well in their weight loss journey so far.

So it all started about a week ago I noticed that something just didn’t feel right, so I told my husband that I was calling my doctor to schedule an appt to have some Fluid removed from my band because I was just having problems. I went from eating food to barely and I mean barely eating anything at all, so I thought man why am I so tight all of sudden??? Mind you I’ve had 4.75cc in my band since July and I’ve never experienced this feeling before. Then the pain started and I mean pain all on the left side right under my breast, I thought could this be gas??? I called my PCP right away to get a referral to see my surgeon and then called their office to schedule an appointment. The nurse called me back and says how about Feb; I said nope wont work for me I need to see him ASAP. Anyway I went to see my doctor yesterday (finally) after waiting for a week because he was on vacation and mind you I was in still in pain it even hurt to walk, like I had a constant stitch in my side. So I was telling my doctor what was going on he said it could be two things an ulcer or a prolapsed band (slippage) either way the fluid from my band would have to be removed (sob). I had my UP GI and it showed that my band had indeed slipped. I cannot tell you how upset I was, I mean I don’t PB, vomit whatever you want to call it, I just don’t understand. He was very sympathetic (I love my doc) and said we’ll take the fluid out and have you come back in 4 weeks and then he saw my face and said we’ll compromise and make it 3 weeks instead. As soon as the fluid was removed my pain was gone, I mean I still have a slight tinge here or there but nothing like it was. So I’m taking it easy soft foods and all that but boy does it feel good to eat. Last night I had some creamy Soup and you would have thought that I was eating LobsterJ. Anyway just wanted to share this with you and please keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for me that if it doesn’t fix itself then my Doctor and I have a date in the OR.

Take care!!! Jenn

Jenn - so sorry to hear of your slippage. I know that must be so frustrating and heartbreaking. Hopefully it will reverse itself and you'll back on your way again. Good luck.

I checked my BMI today and found that I'm just one point away from normal. Wow. I don't even remember the last time I was at this weight. I have 11 more stubborn pounds for my goal. At that point my BMI will be in the normal range. I'm frustrated a little tho because it's taking me so long to get these last 20 off. I look okay and feel great so I guess I shouldn't complain. Just want to finally get there and say "yep I'm at goal". Actually I'm below the goal my doc set for me. He didn't think I'd be able to lose this much so I guess that's saying something.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Can you believe it's almost been 2 years for some of us? I can't. Time flies when you are having fun! :mad:

Jenn- What an ordeal! But the good news is it's passing behind you and you'll be fine. It's a cautionary tale cause bottom line, we do have something foreign in our bodies and gliches can happen. I wish you a quick and full recovery.

Dear Carol, Numbrgirl, and all,

Yes, that was me just now. I'm back. I do move in and out of this, but I'm admitting that right now, I cannot do this on my own. I have gained 20 pounds- I never thought I'd see 240 again in my life and I got up to 244.5. The scale was dusty but I finally climbed on.

The good news is that I climbed on and also big news---I didn't feel good and really felt that 20 pounds. I'm still beating myself up over almost making 100 and then gaining, but I guess I haven't slaughtered all my demons although I'd like to as I hear they make a good Soup when boiled down - LOL.

Carol- you are AMAZING!!!! I'm so so happy I came on if only to see that after all the stops and starts you've zoomed past me at high speed- Okay.....I'm very very jealous too. Turned green. Congratulations.

Numbr- you're also unbelieveable!!! Now I'm dark green with envy.

Okay, on with the battle. That's the biggest thing I've found out lately...the battle is still on. The first year my band really took care of everything for me. Now it seems to be me and I've been hearing that this is true for a lot of folks. Besides my therapy, I'm going to support groups most Tuesday evenings and it's good. Also need to be here as well. If I'm on and off, it's better than off completely.

I kept trying to catch up with my low of 92 down, but I kept starving myself and had the band too tight. Had a bout with two bad sinus infections and then Pneumonia so it was a bad 3-4 months and I went back to carbs- and found Pirates Booty. That was a mistake. I was downing a bag or two a day! Behind me now. My band was actually opened a little because the surgeon felt I needed to really heal after being so sick and needed a broader range of foods. So I overate or starved.

Now I'm back eating as I did when I first got the band. I'm eating a lot, but smaller amounts and eating every few hours. Also getting some exercise in almost every day- even if it's not a lot. Day 5. Lost 3.6 pounds already and with luck, will go under the evil 240 and wave goodbye forever.

Back to the surgeon for a consult this week. Wish I wasn't going in heavier but I can't shirk from it either. I'm still having pain in my left shoulder after all this time (whenever I'm empty) and sometimes I have to eat a small meal because of the shoulder! Also my port has never been comfortable. Last time I saw him we discussed by having a laposcopic look at it because the tubing is not pressing on the diaphragn in the xrays. In my own head, I think it 's the port....like scar tissue or something- but I think somehow the port is pressing on my diaphragm....but we'll see. I want to fix whatever can be fixed because who needs any discomfort of the extra food. There are days I'm not hungry but the shoulder pain makes me eat and sometimes it's so bad so quickly I have to grab anything I can get. Literally, I'll pull into a convenience store and grab whatever they sell....and it's seldome Protein and veggies.

So, my long story but that's where I am. I'd like to be much further along. I'd like to be talking to plastics about my belly and boobs, but I'm not there yet.

Thanks for listening.

Hi all!

I know it's been...forever. I am NOT a Lapband success story. In fact, I haven't had a fill in a YEAR. I had some issues and was unfilled and am just now starting again. I had surgery at 252 and am now 233, but the fact remains that I'm not where I want to be.

I got a fill today (am now at 5 cc) and am hoping to get started again. Look for me around here much more often!

Checking in....not sure who is around or looking in. Struggling with dieting, a word I never thought I'd need to use again. UGH. Going for a fill next week. Surgeon said he wants to make it easier for me. Looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is well and happy!

i can't believe it's been almost 2 years since my surgery. what a rough journey it's been! i've had so many ups and downs i don't know where to start!

i haven't had a fill for quite a few months. i'm at 4.7cc in a 10cc band. i'm restricted so i don't feel the need for a fill but i do have an appointment scheduled in march because my free fills end in april.

i've lost 44 pounds over the last 2 years... most of it being during the first 6 months post surgery. i'd like to lose another 20 pounds but i'm satisfied with where i'm at now.

i'm still having difficulty with throwing up a lot, not because i eat too much but because i give in to temptation and eat foods my body can't handle. i just can't see me going the rest of my life without ever eating pizza or a cheeseburger ever again. one bite of either of those and i throw up. *sigh*

i rarely feel hungry and sometimes go 1 or 2 days without eating at all. i know it's not healthy but it just seems like a waste of time to make something when i can only half of a chicken breast.

don't get me wrong... i love the results and i think i'm happy i did it but i still think about food way too much and wonder if finding a therapist or going to an Over Eaters Anonomous meeting is what i should do...

Ok yall, well here is my story.........I was banded April 2008 and up to 7.5 cc . My last fill was this past Tuesday and well I went back for unfill Friday. Yes throwing up ...at first it seemed to be pretty good restriction but got worse specially at night sleeping. Thank God that problemws solved, now i seem to be getting heartburn and having to use Mylanta. I'm on a liquid diet for the rest of the weekend and skipping Easter dinner. But I am pretty happy so far with my weight loss.....yea i almost messed up till I realized I was slowly gaining my weight back.....NNNNOOOOO I will not allow myself to gain that ugly weight back again then I would really feel bad, and going through Menopause doesn't make it any easier, its all been a battle and lots of prayers. Please any of you stop and think if its really worth that fat cell. Good Luck to you all, and please take this as a word of encouragement.