Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

Mely...I like what JBflorida had to say!! Good luck with the biopsy thing! Keep us posted!

The filter thing is interesting...I don't know if my doc does those..where does it go and how does it get "out"?

I'll have to google it....

BizzyBee get over that strep please! On Friday at work this woman that works part time in my "office" space came in...left to go to Dr. and then came back and said she had strep! I said...go home! Like "hello" it takes the antibiotics 24 hrs to keep you from being contageous! She stayed about an hour more..so then I sprayed down everything!! Now, I better NOT get it before my Band date....But I won't worry about it! UGH!@!!!

Ew my work is requiring a doctors note, I'm hoping my surgeon will be able to write me a note without going into much detail... I have an appointment tomorrow so I can ask then.

I've been missing a few days and I've missed so much! I worked almost 40 hours this weekend, I haven't been in this much pain in a long time, at my job I am just running around, constantly lifting heavy things, and now that I'm so sore and my back and feet are so swollen, it reminds me of how much I really need this surgery!!! I'm in worse shape than most of the middle aged women I work with.

I have the next few days off from work, I'm officially done with school, so now I'm just gonna spend some time cleaning my room and buying everything I need. My liquid diet is coming up on the 19th and I'm starting to get more and more nervous everyday!!!! How are you all doing?

Thanks so much and keep me posted :)

Hey Allison,

saying your having gallbatter surgery works as well (as someone said) but I don't want to lie about it if i can help it. might lead to a tricky situation later haha. hope your finals went well!!!!!!!

You may not want to say gall Bladder surgery because, from what I understand, it seems that there is a higher incidence of GB surgery after WLS. My suggestion if it is personal does not work- it's female stuff and leave it at that.

I figured "female things" wouldn't leave scars on my stomach, not that I prance around work nude or anything but I am friends with a lot of my co-workers and who knows at some of our outings (haha just kidding..) My cousin who is only a year older than me and very thin has always had stomach problems, she had to have laproscopic surgery to repair a peptic ulcer a year or so back, so I just said it was something like that and that it runs in the family... no body really asked questions or seemed very interested after that lol. I've already been making excuses, my sleep study was for migranes, etc... I'm sure if I tell the surgeon I want to be discrete with my co-workers he will simply say that I am having surgery and will be unable to work for a week or so afterwards. Fingers crossed!!! Thanks for the tip :) I read that somewhere else thats why I refrained from saying that. Hope everything is going well post-op!

Oh my goodness I just looked at my ticker, ahhh only 17 days now!!!!! Only 1 week until my liquid diet! I'm so scared! I feel like my best friend (food) is dying, only has a week left to live, and now I have to try to have as much fun with her as possible! Thats so pathetic but its really how I'm thinking.... ahh even as I'm just lying here with the laptop on my bed my heart is already beginning to race thinking about everything coming up!!

Allison, good luck at the docs...there is this thing called Family Rights and Privacy Act...work just has to have a note stating the time required off and signed...no explanation from what I've been told...NONE of THEIR BUSINESS! You could make up an exotic excuse but why??? Just say it is personal!

I know what you mean about your ticker....UGH is right!!!

I keep thinking last time for La Pinata food... last time for xyz.......

I KNOW I will be able to still eat that but not easily.....You know we can still eat but just not the quantity...except for carbonation...that is out from what I've been told.... I will not miss soda pop just beer!

alison -

you'll be fine on the liquid diet ive been on it since thursday which would make today the 5th day and ive lost 6 lbs already... i thought i would NEVER be able to stick to it but honestly its not that hard i get 4 shakes and 1 bar a day with as much Jello and chicken broth as i want and yesterday i didnt even drink two of the shakes. ive also been around food all weekend and its not bothering me. As for the surgery thing you can tell them you had a cyst on your ovary. I had surgery for that 2 years ago and have two little scars from it... hope this helps good luck!

Hello ,

My name is Liz and I am being banded on the 19th. The only thing I am really anxious about is giving up TAB. I am a TAB addict. Those of you over 40 will probably know what TAB is. Has anyone else had to withdraw from caffeine??? I was thinking of trying caffeine pills for the first week after surgery to avoid extra problems.

Best wishes to all you Lucky 13s! And to all the rest of you recently and soon to be banded! Keep us posted on progress. Take care of yourselves.

I would start weaning myself from the TAB now. You may not be able to take the caffeine pills. My doc said no caffeine right after surgery.

Hello ,

My name is Liz and I am being banded on the 19th. The only thing I am really anxious about is giving up TAB. I am a TAB addict. Those of you over 40 will probably know what TAB is. Has anyone else had to withdraw from caffeine??? I was thinking of trying caffeine pills for the first week after surgery to avoid extra problems.

OH when you get off TAB you will finally see how nasty it tastes! I hadn't had it in decades and took a sip...whew...YUCK!!!

I am off caffine right now per docs orders...just slowly weened off...try diluting it at first.

Good Luck!

Hello everyone!! I am almost 2 weeks post-op and feeling really good!! Those of you who are yet to be banded, I'm rooting for you!! My friends and family have already noticed changes in my weight. 14lbs in 13 days isn't too shabby!! I know that it will slow down, but I am enjoying it right now. I have progressed to "mushy" foods and so far have had no problems with anything!!

I went to my endocrinologist today and he took me off all meds. My sugar is just about normal. YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!

I am now focusing on 60g of Protein per day and eating every 2 hours...What more could I ask for?

I will get a fill in 2 weeks

So far, so good!! I am just thrilled with the results that I am seeing and am totally motivated for eating right and exercising!!!

TTFN!!!

Marilyn:lol::thumbdown:

Congrats Marilyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being such an inspiration!!! I still have 2 weeks until I get banded and about 6 days until I go on liquids. I'm starting to get really really nervous and hesitant, Thanks for the update!

OK. I have 15 days.

FIFTEEN days.

I've been trying to wean myself from diet sodas. That's going to be my downfall. And coffee. I ordered half Decaf the other day at my favorite restaurant and I think the waitress thought I'd lost my mind. :thumbup: They bring you a whole personal pot of coffee to sit at the table, so I just looked at her and said, "fill the pot half full of regular and then top it off with decaf". Duh. I couldn't really tell a difference, thankfully, but I have a feeling I'm going to be missing coffee something terrible.

The only thing the nurse told me over the phone was that I'd be "clear liquids" the 24 hours prior to my surgery. That was it. I've been expecting some godawful pre-op diet that required me to only drink blue sodas every fifth bathroom trip and to stand on my head while eating my yogurt or something. :thumbup:

F I F T E E N D A Y S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I will probably explode before then. At least it will save the doctor the surgery time. :thumbup:

Marilyn, that is great about the meds. I bet you feel amazed!

I am a little over one week out and I feel fantastic also! It is weird to think that there is a band in there. I wouldn't know except for these scars and a residual pain where the port is located.

I am so excited for the rest of the May Bandsters. You will be so glad of this decision. The surgery itself was easy. The first few days I was surprised with the tiredness and soreness that I felt (I thought that 2 C-Sections would be more painful and they may have been but I can't remember; plus, I stayed in the hospital 3 days for each of my babies, 1 day for this), but now I feel great.

Good luck everyone!:thumbup: