Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just read in my mom's Woman's World magazine that taking extra Fiber on a daily basis can aid in weight loss (geee, wonder why). Without copying and pasting the entire article, Im going to put down a few things that i can remember...

1. the article recommened taking fiber 15-30 minutes before each meal.

2. fiber actually expands in the stomach, creating a fuller feeling sooner (eating fiber with the band, gosh, we'll never be hungry again)

3. the article also stated that one can NOT take too much fiber (same as vit. C - cant overdose on it)

It also gave names of 'better' brands of fiber to take. Metamucel is good, but may cause gas problems (like we dont have enough). Benefiber is supposedly the 'choice' one.

Ironically, I bought some benefiber over the weekend.

Very tasty... citrus flavored chewable wafer - no Water needed.

:) It works!

I am going to try that today~

There's a real risk for banded people with things like Metamucil or Citrucel. They thicken or bulk up and if that happens above the band it could cause blockage.

That's why Benefiber is so great. It doesn't thicken in the same way--at least, the powdered kind doesn't--and can't cause a blockage. I don't know if the same ingredients are used in the wafers. The powdered stuff is amazing; I add it to my coffee every morning and if I forget, I really miss it. :)

My gastrologist recommends Benefiber. Have you seen what Metamucil or Citricel does in a glass - gunks up. We don't need that! Also eating a handful of mini shredded wheat is a great source of fiber.

Wow Benifiber huh ... I think it's time to try it!

I'm with Betty & marie I just eat my mini wheats daily ( dry), ithey keep me regularand they are yummy too. They have a french vanill flavor now that is so good.

Too much fiber for me makes me hungrier, dont know why but it does :)

I don't know if we have Benefibre here - I don't understand what you mean about wafers or chewables - what would they look like???!! I can go into a health shop tomorrow and ask about it - more than likely the same product is sold here under a different name.....

Bright, most likely so!

I bought mine at Walmart, just a regular supermarket should have it.

chewable wafers.... just a big chewable tablet, about the size of the tip of your thumb.

The article also said that Fiber helps.... hang on, let me see if I can pull it up before I say something untrue :)

ok, I just called my mommy dearest and had her read the article to me so I could jot down notes...

The article also said that fiber speeds the passage of food through your digestive tract, allowing less time for calories to be absorbed.

Also, more fiber means fewer cravings b/c it stabolizes the blood suger.

The article suggested that we have at least 35 mg's of fiber a day...

phew, were all gonna be running to the bathroom!

Paula, you're a star, thanks so much - I just couldn't picture them in my head!! I couldn't figure out what to look for in the supermarket/health shop - grains/tablets/biscuits! Thanks a mill - hopefully I'll get it tomorrow and will stick close to the loo for a while!!!!!!

Well, I got the benefiber chewables. I took 3, It says take 1-3 tablets up to 5x's a day, How many do you take?