Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hard a really bad night last night!!!

Just a p.s. --if you looked at my weight ticker I did loose over 10 pounds in the last 2 days--so I have something to cheer for. I know that I am not to worry now about weight loss, but I was trying to look for a silver lining to this terrible headache I have been having.

T

Walmart and Walgreens have these things called "bed buddies" that you heat in the microwave and you can put around your neck or lay on them. (looks like a mini bean-bag with rope handles on each end).

They don't cost much and my friend swears by them!

did they give you that thing in the hospital that looks like a watch that sends a little shock up your hand when you feel nauceous(sp)? They did me, and it helped tremendously. When ever I felt woosy, I turned that thing up higher. I am suprised your doctor gave you a pill to take for it? considering the surgery.

T, if you're having to take pills this soon after surgery, perhaps you should let them dissolve in a large spoon of Water. Then flush them through with plenty of water afterwards. This would eliminate the chance of a pill getting stuck. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Congratulations on becoming an official Bandster!

Congrats on the 10 lbs., Tony, but what a way to lose it. I hope you're feeling better. Not everyone can take Vicodin; I'm a fan, but a friend of mine passed out and was very nauseated and dizzy after taking one pill. Are you able to keep liquids down now? Hope so. I'll add my voice to the chorus saying that things get better. They do, really. We're all here to tell about it.

Thanks again for every ones support. My headache did slowly go away in the evening. Keeping that wet towel around the back of my neck really helped. I had good long night of rest and today I am headache free. I truly think that I must have a bad reaction to the vicadin (which is a codeine and tylenol). A friend stopped by yesterday and told me that he is deathly allegic to the vicadin- last time he took it he was hospitalized with a shutdown liver--3 days later he recovered and his liver healed. I didn't realive that vicadin could have such strong reactions-then I read the prescription info with it. Thats enough to make you scared. But anyways- I am taking it slow today--I have been keeping liquids down fine and have been starting on my Protein shakes-a welcome change from the juices of the last few days. If I feel more energetic after my Protein shake I might even take a few minutes on the treadmill. I feel I should help my weight loss and not be a couch potatoe ALL day long.

Thanks,

T

Great that you are doing much better, Don't push your self take it slow and let your body heal.

Too bad the only way to tell if we are allergic to medication is when we actually take it.

Guest kath54

Vicodin is hydrocodone and tyl. So, don't think codiene. I'll bet your right though, it was the meds and also could have been the anesthesia. The co2 they use to distend the abdominal cavity raises and settles in the shoulders. That I have heard is a terrible pain. I have not had my surgery yet, date 3/29/05. I am so excited. I feel as if I have been waiting for this my whole life.

I'm glad you are feeling better. I think we all expect too much of ourselves.

kath54

Make sure you do walk, walk, walk. Around your house, outside, inside. Walking is your best friend right now - to prevent clotting, to help stimulate the metabolism, to help alleviate the gas and pain in the shoulders due to stretching of the diaphragm during surgery.

Glad to hear you're doing better!

Vicodin is a very powerful pain med. Hydrocodone is a synthetic codeine. I've only used it after major surgeries and I didn't like the effects. I'd rather deal w/the pain.

The day after my surgery, when I went home, I chopped up a vicodin and took it. A few short hours later, I was slimming and heeving (but didn't vomit) and sweating and I felt so sick that it took 2 days for me to recover. I will never take that stuff again after surgery. (perhaps another time, lol) I thought I was going to die, literally. But, as you can see I am still here. Things will get better and you will slowly begin to feel yourself improving. Good luck and keep resting.