Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hey Shamrocks!

It's like old home week.

Wish I had better new to tell but I guess its just best to say Im back trying to get healthy again. I hope to pop back in more often.

Ive updated the regained ticker(ouch!) but left the old one too to inspire me.

Amanda

Hang in there, my friend!

It's tough.....and this IS the tough part....we're well through our "honeymoon" with our band and solidly into the part where you have to work at the relationship!

I've been going upward a bit....noticing my jeans are tighter, more muffin at the top.....BUT I'm working on it!

I've come too far to let this get away from me!

I'm kind of a new agey girl and really believe in the Law of Attraction, found this recently and have incorporated it into my 'program'. I started it Thursday.....yesterday at work....donuts, pie and coffee cake all over the place and I it WAS like during the honeymoon, I stayed away completely....

It's all about energy meridians....reprogramming our "tapes". Give it a look with an open mind, at the very least it can't HURT anything!!

http://www.thetappingsolution.com/free_eft_ebook.php

http://efttappingtechniques.com/eft-videos/jack-canfield-quotes-about-eft/

Hey, I just looked at my "joined" date.....it was three years ago this week that I really started the push for all of this....wow, what a journey it's been! I miss this group and the support.....would love to see some folks pop back in!

Hi Harley Girl! Yes, its coming up on 3 years. I'm not at goal yet but I'm so thankful for where I am. I am doing WW now and trying to get weekly weigh-ins as a form of accountability since I don't see my doctor to have to face the scale. I think that was motivating me more than I gave it credit for - having to face the doctor. I didn't do so great last night watching the Super Bowl - they told us about these SpecialK chips that were 27 chips as 1 serving - well I didn't stop at one serving. At least I did pick a lower calorie item and added an MGD 64 calorie beer to Celebrate my Packers winning.

On to the treadmill today for some exercise to keep going and start fresh.

Never giving up, never going back is my new motto.

New exercise regimen -- I keep looking at those big folks on Biggest Loser running on the treadmill and breaking a really big sweat and go why can't I run like that? So I started alternating running 1 minute walk 2 minutes, then changed to run 2 minutes, walk 3 minutes. I'm hoping I can get to where I can run for 5 minutes at about 4-5 mph speed on the treadmill but its going to take some dedication. Key thing is I'm trying!!

Hello,

I feel a little odd posting on this thread so late in the game, but I'm new to this site, and as I was banded in March 08, I figured it was a good place to start.

I just wanted to say how reassuring it is to see that others are going through what I am. So far, I have been on this journey alone. I can't believe it has been three years since I was banded. I had lost 83 lbs but have really plateaued in the last year and in the past few weeks I have been inactive and put on a few lbs. I don't really know where to start in getting back on track. Any advice or support is so appreciated.

Hi newbie. I've been hanging in here since 2008 and welcome anyone who can keep coming alongside me until I get my last 50 lbs off. I did post this today under the Ohio thread and would love to keep in touch.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/127063-tshirt-sizes-then-2008-and-now-2011/

:rolleyes:

Hello,

I feel a little odd posting on this thread so late in the game, but I'm new to this site, and as I was banded in March 08, I figured it was a good place to start.

I just wanted to say how reassuring it is to see that others are going through what I am. So far, I have been on this journey alone. I can't believe it has been three years since I was banded. I had lost 83 lbs but have really plateaued in the last year and in the past few weeks I have been inactive and put on a few lbs. I don't really know where to start in getting back on track. Any advice or support is so appreciated.

Hi

I have also been here since 2008 before my surgery. I've had lots of ups and downs on this journey and I am still plugging along. In response to your question, when was your last adjustment? Welcome to the board. It's been pretty slow the last year or so as I guess most of us are just living our lives and not focusing on the board that much but when there is a post we do get notified so feel free to post anytime.......

Kathy

Hey, all. It is pretty hard to regain your momentum once you stray from the path, isn't it?

I'm back in the fold again, trying to be good.

But I could be better.

Hi all.

Good to see some familiar faces appearing on the board. I have not been around lately. I've been in a bit of a depression and just started on some meds that seem to be really helping. I am starting to see the light again, clean my house again, put the kids clothes away...all those things I just could not get myself to do on top of trying to seem healthy and happy for my kids and job.

Not having my friend food to turn to as in the old days of depression has been a struggle. I kept having thoughts of cutting myself. Not to end my life, just to ease the pain. I found this VERY disturbing, The MD thinks it was my reaction to not being able to eat the way I used to, when I would self medicate with food. Being fat was not much better than being all cut up, just more accepted by the public at large.

I still have the same 40 pounds I have been struggling with and my hemaglobin A1C is rising again and is now a 6. MD says I should cut out the carbs by 30% and see if it goes down. Not sure how much I am going to focus on it right now. Just wanted to drop in and see how everyone was doing 3 yrs out. It's amazing to me how well many of you are doing. Keep up the good work!

Christine

Hello everyone.

It was nice to have so many notices pop up in my email yesterday regarding March '08 bandsters. I have not posted here in a long time and feel as though I am alone in this journey as well. I had gained 30 pounds and am thoroughly disgusted with myself. Went to get a fill about a month ago but I am still struggling. I suppose I should go back to get another fill because I think about food constantly and definitely eat around my band. Never thought I would be so slow in losing my weight. Don't mean to sound like I am complaining but I do feel as though I have lost my way.

I had joined WW, but find it difficult to eat like they recommend. I do have some restriction... Well, you all know how it goes. Anyway...

My goal for today is to start eating the way I should and I will have a Protein shake for Breakfast since I know I don't get enough Protein. How do all of you get your Protein in? I look forward to hearing from you!!

MJ

Hello all, I have wondered how everyone was doing. I also received my band March 2008, some days I'm good and eat as I am suppose to and some days I'm bad and eat around the band. I feel I have 15 more lbs to go but my doctor says another 65. I don't want to be skinny, just healthy which my last labs showed I am good there. I have come to the conclusion every day will be a struggle and some days my focus is meeting that struggle head on, other days I focus on other struggles. Energy level is not what I hoped it would be, guess thats an age thing! All and all, I feel I am better than I was. I am better at keeping up with the grandchildren which was one of my reasons for the band.

I will continue to struggle!

PJ

Forgot how to change the weight progress scale below!

Hello all ! I just had my surgery on 3/23 !! My surgeon has me on Water, crystal light, and sf ice pops !! 1 oz every 20 minutes.

Up till today that has been enough, but today i am hungry !! i get to start protien shakes tomorrow so today is def the hardest day so far !! plus im pmsing so that makes me hungry too !!!. So far i feel great. My bad was filled at surgery to 6cc i think he said.

Im drinking now faster, and a little more then i was told and still feel ok, I notice my tummy making strange noises. The day of surgery i swear it was growling when i left the Hospital ?? But so far so good, no nausa, vomiting, regerg, or pain, !!

ANybody else banded on 3/23?

:D

I haven't been on here in nearly 2 years so it's good to see I'm not the only one that's been away so long.

Have an appointment this afternoon to be checked for a slipped band. I haven't had a fill since June '09 and since then have slowly gotten, not only to my goal weight, but am now 30 pounds below that. That's where my fear of a confirmed slip comes in. My best friend had a slip and gained back every pound she'd lost. That scares the s#!t out of me! I'm finally to where I wanted to be, am happy and now am facing my greatest fear.

I know if I'm careful in what I eat and don't go crazy I should be able to not gain, but um, hello, it was my lack of self-control that got me to 300 pounds in the first place.

Sorry for the blathering but I just felt like I needed to put a voice to my fears and hopefully have someone who's been there tell me I'll be OK.

anyone....