Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Update - Well, I'm happy to tell you all that I am feeling MUCH better today. I have not had anything come back up since my unfill on Wednesday and my stomach has settled down today, thank goodness. Now, my appetite is coming back and I have to wait til May 27 to go back to get another fill, so I'll have to be extremely careful of what I eat between now and then so I don't gain back anything. I'm just so thankful that now I'm keeping stuff down and feel almost human again. All of this with just 1/2 cc fill a couple of months ago, I sure hope since he's taken out 2 1/3 cc's in the last 2 weeks that he can put an least 1 1/2 cc back in when I go back 2 weeks from now. I'm going on a month long vacation June 4 and don't want to risk gaining a bunch of weight while I'm gone just because my band isn't tight enough. I know it sounds crazy going from one extreme to the other, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my band and really depend on it, but you guys know that. :w00t:

Thin2beme -- I guess it must seem like you are on a roller coaster right now - eating and emotions combined -- if he only gives you a small fill pre-vacation - buy yourself a small notebook and write down every bite you eat in a paper notebook until you are home from vacation and can track it online or whatever. Just writing it down and being accountable for what I eat does help me. If you have a hard time on vacation, give yourself a break, start fresh when you return and start tracking your food and exercise one day at a time.

Best wishes!

Hi All ---

I have been off the board for several months now. Just finished up some school work and thought I'd check in.

Special!!! I'm SO glad to hear that you are feeling good! See what I mean? Wasn't anywhere as near as bad as it sounds -- huh? Makes a world of difference.

Meanwhile -- I still weight the same as I did a year ago. I started back dieting 2 days ago. I know I need to get out there and exercise -- but I sure don't like it.

Hello all. I am hoping to get a clearance at a surgeon follow up appt yesterday to increase my level of exercise and eventually get up to being allowed to do the arms on the elliptical trainer and jog! I did break into a new set of numbers for me and I am trying to just keep going each day.

Still all in all, I would never, ever go back to where I was pre-band!

Special -- that's great! I was looking at my arms this AM and doing some very wishful thinking --- but I really do think that it's not really handing skin ---it's fat!. I wish I could just have the rest of it cut away! I'm not taking in much calories but I'm not getting out there to do the exercise either. I got to get moving.

I love my Mom but I slip up so many times on my eating when she and I get together and go out - she'll suggest sharing a dessert, buys sweets, and yesterday she had a hankering for Ice Cream and we went for the good stuff at a place called GRAETERS. Its the best but I can't even admit to myself how many calories were in those 2 dips - yes, I did it even worse by getting 2 dips instead of 1. Going to burn off some calories today with some extra walking to help with my guilt!

Tomorrow is a family cookout and that usually involves Mom's potato salad, baked Beans, deviled eggs -- can you spell HIGH FAT! I'm going to try to keep the portions small.

Hi Shamrocks! I hit my -140 lbs mark yesterday -- so happy. Went to a great thrift shop and bought some new short sleeve tops to match my new smaller top and I am so shocked to have choices among so many things now that I am a smaller size. Bought some Size Medium and size 12/14 things, some L but I am pretty sure my XL or 1X days are finally behind!

Now, if I can just get down to that next lower size in jeans! One day at a time!

good job special K.

thrift store clothes are perfect for shopping when we won't be wearing the clothes for very long. and so much easier to find nice things in smaller sizes.

hi March 2008 bandsters. I had my surgery March 3, 2008. i lost a total of 82 lbs but have put 19 lbs back on. I am falling back into bad habits of eating bad food choices. It's almost like I've forgotten that I have the band. so I'm pretty sad right now. :) I have to remember where i was and why i had the lapband in the first place. I am so happy for all of you that are sticking with it. I am going to get back on lapbandtalk.com and read yours posts to encourage myself to get back on track.

thanks for listening. dolores

Welcome back Dolores - yes, stay in touch here and we'll do our best to encourage your and likewise we need your help too. Every day is a battle but I never want to go back to where I was pre-band.

So today I started to try jogging on the treadmill at the gym --post breast reduction surgery to help with all that top heavy issue. I was able to do 1/10th of a mile at a time several times over the course of 45 minutes - going 4 MPH when jogging and not holding on. The last session I did about .25 of 1 mile and I had my heart rate up into about 160 range which was heavy duty for me. Fortunately, the knees or ankles or feet did NOT hurt doing this jogging. Amazing. I guess I will just keep setting small goals until I see I can jog .5 mile without going back down to walking and then get to 1 mile of jogging non-stop. I really want to lose this last 40 lbs and I know exercise is a big key to do it.

Any other Shamrocks out there jogging now that you've lost weight?

thank you Special K. You are doing phenomenal. did i spell that right. anyhow, 140 lbs lost is amazing. that's another person. just shows your strength and motivation. Keep going because you have it!!!!! :) You are an inspiration to us all. I think i will get on my treadmill tonight which i haven't in a long time. Gotta start somewhere. Of course i can't run but will walk. You keep up the good work.

Dolores

Well I laid off exercising yesterday due to sore fronts of my legs - muscles that haven't been used like that in forever. Surprising, no knee or ankle.hip, or feet pain so I think this is just plain old honest muscle response that will go away. I got a nice walk in on my lunch hour yesterday.

Here's a funny one. My company is having us use a pedometer to track our # steps and we have to get to 600,000 steps by end of August. I'm at 450,000 steps now but that is after about 3 different pedometers - yes, every time I have to make a potty run, I have had the stupid thing flip off my pants waistband and hit the tile floor and break or yesterday, one flipped into the toilet when I tried to put it on my pocket after a friend suggested that. So, I went to Target and bought the cheapest one ($5) I could so that when I break it, I won't be crying as another $20 bites the dust. It is motivating trying to get enough steps in to stay active.