Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Happy Bandiversary to all the Shrinking Shamrocks out there! I'll hit my 2 years on St. Patty's Day and I would do the last 2 years all over again in a wink!

Our March '08 bandster NurseNiki had her plastic surgery yesterday - check out the Plastic and Cosmetic thread - and she is doing really really well. I am so looking forward to my turn at the PS table maybe a year from now when I have the rest of my tummy and butt weight off.

Here is a great quote for the new week that was shared during a sermon at my church and it is a good positive thought!

"TO LOVE OUR OWN BODY DOES NOT MEAN TO ADMIRE OR ADORE IT BUT TO CARE ABOUT ITS NEEDS"

Dr. Kenny Boles

One more for my Shrinking Shamrock friends -- I got this link in an email and I've always wanted to go to see Ireland and this has some beautiful video of the Emerald Isle and also some positive thoughts. It is a little long but I enjoyed it and thought I'd pass it along.

This Blessing Is For You

Hoping everyone is having a lovely Spring and a delightful Easter!

I passed my two year mark on the 18th....what a feeling!

This morning.....the second number was....a FOUR....never, ever did I think I'd be in the 140's.....I also realized that I only weigh 15 pound more than my 17 year old.....we can actually share clothes....

Anyway, it's been quiet....I hope that no news is good news!

Good for you Harley. As of this morning I was 138 but probably tomorrow I'll be back at 140 Desserts are too tempting.

I just wanted to stop by and say hi to all of my fellow Shrinking Shamrocks. I still read on a semi-regular basis, and am always excited to see all of the new developments in everyone's lives. Welcome back to the old faithful's, this board has missed you, more than you know.

I hit my two-year mark on 3/31, I was the caboose on our little train. I must say that the last two years have been the most amazing of my life. I am still me, but so not me. Every day is brand new, and I look forward to every one of them, the good and the bad. I bought 4 pairs of size 10 jeans the other day, from a clothing store that I have never been able to shop in. No Lane Bryant or Avenue, go figure! I don't think I have been in a 10 since I WAS 10. I have a social life that does not involve an internet connection, and I am saying and doing things that continue to take my breath away. Despite the fact that my weight loss has led me into and out of the most passionate yet soul-crushing relationship of my life, I still thank God every day for how fortunate I am to have been granted this amazing opportunity at a second chance. I lived, I loved, I learned, and am a better person for all of it. What I gained from that experience is worth so much more than what I lost. Two years ago, I would have been in front of the computer, with a glass of wine, instead of out in the world meeting him. Feeling the pain is so much better than, well, feeling nothing. I spent years feeling nothing, and it is so very good to just FEEL! Sorry for my random drive-by emotional dump postings, but it is so freeing in a way to speak to those that truly understand the baggage that we carry into our new, thinner lives. I wish you all the very best, enjoy the new you's.......you've earned it.

Lisa - that is fabulous to be in a size 10 -- I'm the little caboose for us -- still a ways to go, you're doing great!

I have a new challenge to report and ask for support for -- doing so much physical work outside for the spring and its apparent to me that I am burning alot of calories doing all this heavy lifting and walking for hours at a time days back to back but then I get this stupid sense of entitlement when I come inside and then feel like I deserve to splurge and eat a bunch of calories because I know I have burned them off -- stupid mindset -- I could be losing instead of maintaining if I would take that calorie deficit and leave it alone.

I am going to make an appointment for a fill after I have my BR surgery at end of April so I just have to tough it out with restriction not being optimal for now because I don't want to get tightened up before surgery. Look out May.... I will be kicking butt with losing more weight!

Finally set an appointment to discuss my revision. I hope it gives me some hope.

Fenton and BNL, glad to see you back here. Kept thinking of you guys.

Special, Harley and Scrappy....you guys truly inspire. Thank you!

Chrisitne

I am now 1 week out from my Breast Reduction surgery and I have to confess I have not been as focused on my eating as I should these last few weeks. Still hanging in there bouncing up and down on the same 3-5 lbs which is frustrating. Hoping once I get past the BR surgery, I can get back into exercising and really commit to things.

I am thinking I need a fill adjustment because even when I eat solid Protein and get full quick, it doesn't stay with me very long, I'm still out in the kitchen looking for a little something else, then another few minutes, looking and thinking what else can I get, etc. That isn't right and I didn't want to get tightened on my band before my BR surgery so I will call and get a fill appt for May.

Wishing you all well.

This is my 2 year Easter picture - I loved this dress and had kept it from way back in 1997 the last time I could wear it. I felt so pretty on Easter morning in this dress. To be honest, I don't get too many chances to wear a dress anymore, but it feels good to think you look good.

Bottom line, I love my lapband and I'd never want to go back to where I was 2 years ago in March before my band.

post-226326-13813139249793_thumb.jpg

I just got a few doctors recomended to me to have a breast reduction and I was just wondering how long they told you before you can be up and going again? I hate to miss a lot of work.

Good luck on the BR. You've done so well with your weight loss!! I sometimes get the same way and it's head hunger rather than actual hunger. For a while I was snacking on Dove candies every afternoon. I would eat up to five of the little foil wrapped candy. I stopped losing weight and just maintained. If I wasn't working out every day at the gym I probably would have started to gain, but I finally stopped doing that and am now showing a loss every week again. I've noticed hardly anyone posts here anymore. That is too bad. I guess our lives are going along fine now that we are "in control" of our eating. Again, I hope all goes well with your surgery. Please keep us posted on your recovery.