Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Oh My ---- Harley --- he's a SWEETIE POP! Do you take him on walks to help with exercise? I find that they are so full of energy that they really need to get outside to burn it off. Are pinchers very vocal?

I took my pup straight from the rescue place to puppy training class because although she was 7 mos, she hadn't had much socialization. She's was friendly but had SUCH A BIG MOUTH (at all of 10.4 lbs)!!! They had to put little blinders on her to keep her from disrupting the whole class. In the end -- she won first prize as most IMPROVED pup! She even beat out the pit bull pup for the prize! She's STILL a handful.

I seem to have lost a half inch of my waist this week.

Hello everyone,

My surgery is scheduled for March 22nd and I am nervous, but reading all the posts is helpful. I started my journey at 247, but am down to 233 now. I really want this to work for me, but I know it is going to be hard. Anyone else feeling nervous?

Laurel

Hello everyone,

My surgery is scheduled for March 22nd and I am nervous, but reading all the posts is helpful. I started my journey at 247, but am down to 233 now. I really want this to work for me, but I know it is going to be hard. Anyone else feeling nervous?

Laurel

Well, my two year anniversary will be March 18....I started at 252, so very close to you! This morning I weighed 153 pounds and just zipped up size 6 jeans.....so be nervous, that's okay...but know that you're starting something wonderful!

Hi Laurel--

Congrats on getting your appointment date. It's a really good and important decision. We all were banded in March 2008. Generally, when people are preparing to get banded -- someone begins a thread for everyone in the month. It's fun and very useful to start a thread where everyone is starting and progressing together. That way --- everyone finds that they are going through the same thing. There are also mentoring threads on this site for people who are starting out. We are slow right now. Not too many of our March 2008 (Shamrocks) are checking in. If you want to hang out with us that's fine but do check out other areas of board so that you can find the threads that seem to feel right for you. I'm willing to answer any of your questions and I think other Shamrocks will help as well.

Ahrley...Freddy is soooo cute!

Des...congratulations on losing weight on your waist. I love when that happens....have you been focusing on abs?

I need to get back on track. I think I'm going to try a small fill. At that time I will discuss possibly switching to the VSG (vertical sleeve gastrectomy). I will only do it if it will get rid of the issues I now have. If I will have the same issues after surgery, there is no point in doing it.

I am up early to get on the treadmill and that's what I'm going to do.

Christine

Hey everyone.... I'm wondering if anyone has tried HCG post lap band? My weight just won't budge, and since their protocol is small meals I'm thinking this might just be the key to getting my weight loss going again. Any thoughts?

Christine-- I'm perplexed over the VSG. I keep hearing about it but I don't understand specifically what it does. What is the benefit for someone who has a band?

jencys--can you give us more info on what HCG is? I was stalled for eternity! But then I began losing again the day after Christmas. I basically went back to low carb. If I eat soft food, sweet food, or very many carbs -- I get both hungry and I also get craves. When I stay from all of that and eat low carb solid meats (chicken, steak, fish etc) with veggies, nuts, cheese, etc -- then I find that I get full easily and I stay full a pretty long time.

Strugglig a bit. have great restriction, but still just maintaining. Which is good, but need to lose a few more #'s. trying a kick start with a few days of Liquid Protein drinks...hope it gives me that boost.

Snowed in now, 18" of snow overnight and snow bound. Delaware declared a state of emergency..Back home in Rochester, we would all be out and about!!!

Enjoy all

Yes I don't know what HCG is either? I am getting alot of exercise here now and have started slowing but steady losing now even with a few food hiccups so exercise is the key for me to keep losing.

Lots of exercise today shoveling snow in Ohio - I bet I easily have 20" out there right now on my driveway! I shoveled a good 10" last night and I'm working on the second 10" that fell overnight now. Gotta get out and get my hair colored -- I have my priorities and covering my gray hair is one of them!

I shoveled snow today too. I was pretty proud of myself I shoveled 2 feet of snow for 2 hours. No way could I have done that before I lost weight, and I don't even feel bad. Whoo Hooo

I shoveled snow today too. I was pretty proud of myself I shoveled 2 feet of snow for 2 hours. No way could I have done that before I lost weight, and I don't even feel bad. Whoo Hooo

Snow shoveling. hate it, but it is good exercise. We had 26" of snow as the official count here Delaware

Lynn-- yes, it looked like the Wash DC/Delaware area got it even worse than Ohio and PA. I did my shoveling in 2 hour batches and was pretty tired today. Just taking it easy. Amazing what we can do with less weight stressing our joints.

Okay I am going stir crazy with all this snow. More today, more tonight, and more coming tomorrow. Yikes.

snow snow go away..... maybe 18" plus today on top of last night's 5".. now rain and sleet, getting ready to head off to work, for at least a few hours, then home...we canceled all of today's appointments, but will head in for phones and paperwork... better than sitting hoe with the munchies.. I hate cabin fever!!

Stay safe everyone!

Valentine candy -- stay away! I thought I could handle having some candy around and the idea was it would be for a bridal shower but then I dug into it on Tuesday when I got stressed out, kept nibbling away on Weds and it was depressing finding I gained this week at my weekly weigh in and it was all my own fault. Clearly not going to be buying candy for anyone or whatever tempting things without leaving them locked in the trunk of the car!

Anyway, Happy Valentines Day to all out there in LapBand Land.