Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Just don't give up Christine. Maybe you gained, but that doesn't mean you quit. Get your fill and work out on that dreadmill and you will start losing again.

Hi Shamrocks! Well I finally encountered my first episode where the acid reflux I'm having (giving me a burning sensation in my throat) has me lined up for a partial unfill on Monday a.m. I kept hoping it would get better and it wasn't. I could also see a pattern developing of eating "easier to eat" things and when I went to more solid Protein, veggies, it was tough to get a small portion down and I'd end up with a PB episode. I tried cutting back on coffee and cutting back any eating at least a couple hours before bed time, but the bottle of Tums beside my bed has become a regular "snack", sometimes waking me in the night to crunch a few Tums for the sore throat sensation of the acidy taste.

So, I have to confess I am a little worried that this is going to open me up for more eating with less restriction but maybe the opposite will happen where the restriction I have will tolerate the full Proteins better.

I have been at this fill level since March 2009 so it is a mystery to me on why 6 months later the acid reflux stuff started.

Anybody know if there are any restrictions on working out with an abdominals machine at the gym? I swear I can feel my insides rolling when I do those crunches. I worried that maybe it was not okay for my band.

Okay, enough from the worry wort. Not losing but not gaining any either. With 60 lbs to go, I want to get back on the road downward.

Hi Special K, I am too 6 months from being banded and have noticed my acid reflux coming back and I have hit a plateau on losing weight. I had my first fill in July and it seems like since then I have not really lost any weight. I have lost 60lbs since my surgery and I'm real proud of it but really discouraged at the moment...I dont know if it is normal to feel this way. Congrats on your weight loss and I hope you have luck with your reflux..it is the most uncomfortable feeling in the world, lol. Thanks for listening.

Thanks Scrappy. I am really looking foward to my appt tomorrow for the fill. My husband and many friends who were with me through all the testing to find out what was wrong with my stomach think I am nuts, but I need to get the eating back under control.

Thanks for the encouragement and your success is a wonderful source of inspiration.

Christine

Hello from Ohio. I had a colonoscopy today and the prep for it is always worse than the test itself but I had a good laugh when I got on the scale after a day of liquids and many bathroom runs to see I was down something like 4 lbs. I know its artificial number but I am maybe hoping in my mind that this will kick my butt into gear and be enough of a shock to my body it will let these stubborn 2 lbs go and I'll see the next set of new numbers. I did have a couple NSVs from this colonoscopy deal today - 1) they gave me a regular adult size blood pressure cuff - didn't have to run for the XL one; 2) they gave me the standard one size fits all hospital gown instead of looking around for what can we put on this big lady!

The .5cc unfil was enough to beat back the acid reflux as if it had never happened. Pretty neat. I can sense I can eat a little more but I'm trying to still stay into the Mindful Eating mode.

I remember feeling embarassed having to tell them I needed a big blood pressure cuff, and I hated the XXXL gowns. Not no more I feel proud to not have to deal with that now.

And I hated the fact that I had high blood pressure. Blood pressure is good now.

No more pills. No more out of breath. No more worring I will break a chair. No more ect... Wow I have come a long way!

Hey Special K.... I had a colonoscopy years ago and I hated the prep, but loved the feeling after everything was done. All cleaned out and well rested from the meds they sedated me with. I remember I slept all day after the procedure.

Hope everything went well for you.

Christine

Hello again! I think I've finally reached that sweet spot that everyone talks about. I can definitely only eat 2 oz of food and if I don't sip my liquids they get stuck! The weight is coming off appropriately and I'm finally down to a size where I can start hiking and playing volleyball well again!

I know restricting the amount of food is key, but I've found if I don't change up my exercise routine I'm not losing the weight....

I too think I've hit a good place as far as fills go. I got a half cc yesterday and I have not felt very hungry and I fill up quickly.

I hope this is it for a while.

Christine

Not sure if I'll need a fill when I see the DR on the 16th. but seem to be able to eat too much at a sitting at times and then other times only 1/4-1/2 cup. Maybe just a small amount, but don't want to be too tight.

Since my TT I feel more restriction most of the time, but have those days I could eat non stop... still trying to adjust to everything. happy with my weight loss and comfortable in my body. and have so enjoyed shopping for new clothes for the cooler weather.

Enjoy the great outdoors. I love Fall the crisp air and the colors.

So I went shopping yesterday since the clothes I bought in August are too big now! It was the first time I've been shopping in a store where I wasn't invisible! I'm on that borderline now where I'm in the smallest "woman's" size and just not small enough to fit into the largest regular size. I did a little happy dance in the dressing room!

I'm hoping by Christmas to be into regular sizes .. no more large woman stores for me!

Jencys...You are doing really well. I had gotten down to a size 16 pants (which are very tight now with my 16 pound gain) I can't wait to feel comfortable in my pants again and I really can't wait to get out of the women's department on tops.

I hope we are both there by the Holiday's.

Christine

My PS was just over 5 weeks ago, and I am finally feeling back to normal. I am still a bit sore, but no where near where I was. I had a post op appointment last week and was cleared to return to cardio. We spoke about doing a thigh lift in February, along with any touch ups he deems appropriate. Lynn- I know you had both a TT and thigh work done. Were the thighs anywhere near as big of a deal as the tummy? I know it's far away, but I hate to think of going through it all again.

Thanks,

Erika

Hi All

I have not posted in a long time but I have read once in awhile i'm so happy for everyone.:thumbup:I have been doing well 87 lbs gone now and no more plus size clothes for me.There were times I thought i would never get there.I still have about 50 to go before ps.The sagging skin is not fun to deal with.It's like needing bread you have to stuff it in to put it in your bra and pants anyone else experience this. am trying to get back into excerising but it is not easy.Has anyone else tried the vibration machines.

What happened to Fenton?

Takecare everyone

Pat

My PS was just over 5 weeks ago, and I am finally feeling back to normal. I am still a bit sore, but no where near where I was. I had a post op appointment last week and was cleared to return to cardio. We spoke about doing a thigh lift in February, along with any touch ups he deems appropriate. Lynn- I know you had both a TT and thigh work done. Were the thighs anywhere near as big of a deal as the tummy? I know it's far away, but I hate to think of going through it all again.

Thanks,

Erika

I had TT and thigh lift done at the same time. Legs do need revision. Swelling was unbearable for the thighs and the proper contour was not obtained. Finally 8 weeks post-op most swelling is gone. Now revision for thighs is scheduled for 11/24. May need a bit of Lipo for the upper abdomen, but will see about that later. I am very happy with the results.