Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Yes, I agree, not alot of posting going on so we must all be really busy. I go from days where I am really good to other times when I realize I've eaten too much in a day from grazing. Still trying everyday and that is what counts to me.

Again, job is stressful and working long hours is cutting into my personal commitment time to myself but if I stay even over the next 6 weeks to meet my big deadline at work, that will be good.

Hope, I don't think it really matters if we reach out goals fast or slow just so we don't give up.

seems like fenton is the one that added so much to our message board and we all talked more. I sort of miss him.

Hope, I don't think it really matters if we reach out goals fast or slow just so we don't give up.

seems like fenton is the one that added so much to our message board and we all talked more. I sort of miss him.

Has anyone heard from FENTON? Seems any men who come to the site post for a bit then vanish. But Fenton was always here and had so much to add. Maybe he is just too busy with a new book.

Fenton, we miss you!

I am 12 days away from plastic surgery. I can hardly believe it. Lynn and Scrappy, did your surgeons recommend getting an unfill before your procedures or not?

no unfill for me and I did fine, I have noticed I have more restriction now for some reason.

I am 12 days away from plastic surgery. I can hardly believe it. Lynn and Scrappy, did your surgeons recommend getting an unfill before your procedures or not?

I did not get an unfill. I went to my LB surgeon about 10 days before PS and she said no fill then. Stated the surgery would add extra pressure to the band, due to swelling and would increase restriction. She was correct. I know the band is relocated with the muscle tightening. I go back to LB surgeon on Sept. 19. I have had more restriction since surgery.. even at 2 1/2 weeks post op. Not too much restriction, but feel like it is at a good place. And being home and less active I have been made much more conscious about what I eat and how much. Sort of a kick in the pants to stay on track.

My only issue now is the terrible itching..I want to scream..

What are you having done. I have been extremely satisfied with my results, even with the swelling that is still present.

Any questions.. I learned alot as I got close to the process, even watched at TT video on the computer..

I miss Fenton too. It was nice to hear from the male perspective and he clearly has a tremendous gift for words. I hope he is working on the next great novel and hasn't given up on his band. Even if he has for a short time, the beauty of the lapband is that he could go back to his surgeon, for an adjustment/fill and get back on track when he can commit to that.

Best wishes to all of you who are so close to your plastic surgery -- its wonderful to hear how you are doing.

I'm stablized at the -118 lbs level for a few weeks here and with my job stress level at the moment maybe that is okay but I'd like to make the personal commitment to myself to see the -120 lbs mark by the end of August. We'll see. I have been having a weird number realization thing going on in my head lately. When I hear someone talk about their weight (usually guys just blurt out what their exact weight number is and us ladies never do!) I think, oh, wait I'm not in the 300s anymore, I'm not even over 250 anymore. I can remember in the fall as Ohio State football season would come around, I'm a huge fan, and they would say what the weight was of the front linebackers, tackles, etc. and I would cringe at the thought I was heavier than some of those football players. Now I am not even close to the weight of the lower guys on the team. My family would never understand me comparing myself to a football player given I'm a lady who likes to dress feminine and feel pretty but it was hard to do in the past with my weight where it was.

Anybody else having to fight off the ideas in your head that you deserve "treats" because you have done so good and people are giving you so many compliments about your looks. This is becoming more of a mental battle for me to say, heh, you don't need Cookies or you don't need a Friday night treat, just keep on working your program!

Hi Ladies--

I'm also back from my breast reduction. They didn't take any fill out of my band either.

I was surprised and glad they didn't put any drains in. They kept me in the hospital an extra day because I developed Tachycardia. My pulse is still high but under 100. Blood pressure is low. They ran all sorts of test and don't see anything wrong with my heart but I have to follow-up with my PC.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym.

Has anyone heard from FENTON? Seems any men who come to the site post for a bit then vanish. But Fenton was always here and had so much to add. Maybe he is just too busy with a new book.

Fenton, we miss you!

we're not social butterflys like women. hit and miss. :)

Hi Ladies--

I'm also back from my breast reduction. They didn't take any fill out of my band either.

I was surprised and glad they didn't put any drains in. They kept me in the hospital an extra day because I developed Tachycardia. My pulse is still high but under 100. Blood pressure is low. They ran all sorts of test and don't see anything wrong with my heart but I have to follow-up with my PC.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym.

no drains, surprised. Glad they kept you that extra day to check thing out

Went to surgeon for follow-up this morning. He told me about 12-15# of skin and fat removed. Clean bill of health. Will most likely need a bit of touch up for the thighs, but not for about 6 weeks. Luckily that is covered in my initial fees. All follow up services are covered for a year. :)

Back to work next week, for 1/2 days. then full days the folowing week...going back to a chaotic office

Lynn--

12 -15# SKIN!!! Whoa!! Now THAT is serious weight loss! Do you feel different? Lighter? Do you find that it changes your posture?

I'm finding that I'm standing straighter --- shoulders back - head up -- chin in -- without even trying. And I'm finding that shoulder, neck and left arm pain in greatly reduced.

When did your MD say you could get back to exercise? I can do treadmill, upright bikes, elliptical in 1 more week and then I have to wait until 6 wks out of surg for weight machines.

I haven't weighted myself at all. I'm afraid to. I know I lost about 1.5 from tissue/skin but I'll bet I put more than that on before surg from stress. They took the sutures out today -- and I'm back on low carb today so I'm motivated.

Now I'm thinking about having the arm and neck done but I will wait until I'm at goal weight for that.

Some people say --wait until goal to have the BR but I'm very glad I had it done now. MD says they will get smaller as I lose but they will stay in proportion and be good.

Lynn--

12 -15# SKIN!!! Whoa!! Now THAT is serious weight loss! Do you feel different? Lighter? Do you find that it changes your posture?

I'm finding that I'm standing straighter --- shoulders back - head up -- chin in -- without even trying. And I'm finding that shoulder, neck and left arm pain in greatly reduced.

When did your MD say you could get back to exercise? I can do treadmill, upright bikes, elliptical in 1 more week and then I have to wait until 6 wks out of surg for weight machines.

I haven't weighted myself at all. I'm afraid to. I know I lost about 1.5 from tissue/skin but I'll bet I put more than that on before surg from stress. They took the sutures out today -- and I'm back on low carb today so I'm motivated.

Now I'm thinking about having the arm and neck done but I will wait until I'm at goal weight for that.

Some people say --wait until goal to have the BR but I'm very glad I had it done now. MD says they will get smaller as I lose but they will stay in proportion and be good.

The doctor told me my weight loss will not show up right away. Fluid build up from surgery, swelling. Still wearing the binder 24/7. I bought a Spanx type garment to wear for my thighs when going back to work.. They seem to swell as the day goes on. Go back to doctor on 9/3, then he will decide when to do the revision on my legs, they need a little adjustment, not totally proportional due to all the selling during surgery.

Over all, feeling pretty good. and the muscle tightening has effected my band... great restriction, but not too much.

No exercise right now , except walking, and no lifting or weights for quite awhile..my boobs even look bigger, since there is nothing below them hanging loose..:confused:

Lynn--

I have 30 lbs more to lose and I didn't realize that you could get the surgery done before you lost all of the weight!! I've lost 70 lbs.... did insurance pay for this??? I know the breast thing is really bothering me..still a triple DDD and not comfortable when no real strong bra....please advise???? Been busy dealing with my elderly mom in Florida...such a nightmare to convince her to come close to her kids...argggg

I am wearing a 38c bra and it is way too big I could probably fit a 36B and the boobs I do have are hanging way down south.

I will need a revision on my Tummy Tuck. I saw the doc on tuesday and the top part of my belly is still too saggy. He said that happens a lot of times when there is so much skin. He said he would do it without charging me more. He also said insurance might cover to have something else done. He said to still give it time and see what happens with the lower part of my belly since that is still hard. he thinks that will loosen up some. Not really wanting more surgery but I am not happy with the results so far.