Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

NAME *******START WEIGHT *******CURRENT WEIGHT ********GOAL ********LBS. Lost

aJoneen............212............212............XXX............0

Fenton.............XXX............XXX............XXX............0

HarleyGirl.........XXX............XXX............XXX............0

Hopeinapril .......236............241............XXX............0

Hungry4help........XXX............XXX............XXX............0

Lynn1215...........174.5..........174.5..........XXX............0

NurseNiki..........229.8..........228.8..........190............-1

Nycm00.............220............218............XXX...........-2

Potatie............229............229............XXX.............

scrappy_friend.....170............172............150...........+2

SpecialK...........274............272.9..........255.........-1.1

Sugarbean..........200............199............150...........-1

Tess415............294............295............289...........+1

Thin2bme...........191.2..........XXX............160............

WestCoastMom.......155............153.5..........140..........1.5

Hey guys! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forwar to an amazing New Year!

Fenton-Welcome Home! And congrats on having a "friend" to spend the week with! It always makes this time of year better to have someone to spend it with!

NYCM- I am really sorry that your band is giving you such a hard time. I know how much stress effects my band, and you have been under SOOO much stress the last few months that it seems like your band is being tested daily! I hope the testing you are going to be having gives you the answers you are looking for!

Harley- I know exactly what you mean when you say "falling in love all over again!" My hubby and I have been more "physical" lately and that makes me feel like a gitty teenager again! It is amazing how many areas this band effects in my life!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's Eve! Have one for me (I am working all night)! And let's keep on Keeping on in 2009!

Hi everyone, hope everyone had a great Christmas, it sounds like all went well for the most part.

Welcome home Fenton, glad you're sharing it with someone special.

I weighed in on Friday and managed to stay the same for the week, so I'm good with that. I really need to get back on the band wagon, I have to confess I've been eating a lot of candy the last week or two and I'm really really surprised that I managed to not gain anything. I'm trying to do better this week, the scale will tell the tale come Friday.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!

aJoneen............212............212............XXX............0

Thin2bme...........191.2..........191.2..........150............0

I managed to hang in there with one pound that keeps going up and down. I will exercise that one back off this week and start working on the rest. I needed a good challenge to get me going. I want to do well the remaining 3 months before my one year.

I managed to hang in there with one pound that keeps going up and down. I will exercise that one back off this week and start working on the rest. I needed a good challenge to get me going. I want to do well the remaining 3 months before my one year.

Same here!

I would love to be at goal for a cruise we have booked in May!

Made it through the xmas holiday. but still having my sugar cravings UGH!! :)

Dr. appointment on Tuesday and may need just a touch of a fill .5cc. Seem to be able to each a bit more than a few weeks ago when I was sure I would not need any fill.

I didn't weigh in Friday, no access to the scale, so will log my post holiday weight after DR on Tuesday..

Sounds like the holidays were good for everyone.

Enjoy the time with your new friend, Fenton..A nice way to begin the ew Year..

I am watching my grandson New Year'sEve, so no partying for me... just as well, too many crazy people out on the roads..:tongue_smilie:

Hi all my fellow March bandsters. Can you believe it will be our year anniversary in a few months. I am having a rough time over the holidays - too much junk food around. I keep trying to tell myself to eat my Proteins, veggies first. Then I'll allow myself a little snack. How is everyone doing?

I really have got to start exercising now. I thought I would have more energy once the weight started coming off but i don't - at least not yet. My New Year resolution is to start exercising. I am so glad I had the band done. I would have never lost this weight had I not had it done.

Happy New Year to you all! Dolores

Well, it sounds like we're all keepin' on keepin' on! I realized that the Carhartt jacket I wore tonight was as loose as it was when I bought it in 1999. Funny feeling.

Although, somehow, that seems like it can't be true! I didn't really achieve extremely impressive weight gain until after 9/11.

I'll weigh myself next Friday, and then we'll see wht's what! Friday is 1/1/09, isn't it?

In other - sad - news: well, my thing with the online person evaporated. I'm still not 100% sure why: we'd already bonded seriously emotionally over email and phone, and I'd assumed she might have problems with my size. In the end, though, she clearly (CLEARLY!) had no problems with being attracted to me, but she felt we didn't click emotionally in person the same way we had on the phone etc.

It was the opposite of what I'd expected. And I felt like she was a bit quick to judge - I'd not been home from France for 24 hours when we met, was jet-lagged out of my mind, on the end of a cold and nervous as all get-out about meeting her. But facts is facts: we met, and for her, it didn't work.

So I'm very sad about that, but there's also a useful kernel of anger in there - how could she accept my body but reject ME??? So I'm looking forward to getting back into calorie counting, and Protein gram counting, and soluble fiber-ingesting tomorrow.

But tonight? I wallow! Leftover double-cooked Sichuan pork, and then (close your eyes!) some Christmas pudding ("figgy pudding", I think you call it) with butter pecan ice cream...

I am sad, but also, strangely, I feel kinda good. I feel like I'm back to Me, ready to do what I have to. Besides, there were long periods of intense pleasure in her visit - it certainly wasn't ALL a disaster!

I think I'm beginning to get used to this time zone. Yay!

Jonathan I am truly sorry about the recent turn of events. Meeting someone and building a relationship is one of the toughest things a person ever does.

Maybe this renewed sense you are feeling is good. I have heard that when a person is working on recovery from an addiction that a moratorium is put on physical relationships for a year from sobriety date. So as not to interfere with the work that has to be done.

So have some pudding, but only because it is good holiday food. Hey, a guy has to eat right?

In other news:

I actually lost the lbs I picked up this month. So Im back to my Nov 11th weight, 210. It really doesn't make sense. I've been indulging in treats of the sweets & booze variety. Plus I've not worked with my trainer for 2 weeks. I had a stupidly huge meal the day after Christmas. The only saving grace was that it was pretty much the only thing I eat that day.

Im actually a bit depressed how easily I have slipped back to my former self. It has been almost a year of changing food habits and creating exercise habits and nothing stuck. It is so not true about doing something for a certain amount of time (3 weeks, 3 months ???) and it becomes a (new) habit. I am very fearful that this will be like other attempts.

It is only a matter of time before the weight comes back, plus more.

I should have had my damn stomach stapled.

PS I have also developed a F*%&ing hemorrhoid!!!

Edited by ajoneen

aJoneen............212............210............XXX............0

Thin2bme...........191.2..........191.2..........150............0

Fenton - sorry things did not work out. but better to know early on..

I have also had "relationship" issues. I guess you wou8ld say. Meeting several on line, then talking on phone, then "dump" they tell me Not into a relationship at his time..so why talk, communitcate and then say, nope. Just say I am not interested!!

Back to the exercise, eating better and making right/better food choices..

Fenton-Sending you an extra ((hug)) this morning!

Hope everyone is back on track this Monday morning. I know the weekend got the best of me, and I need to get moving again!

Thanks. I'm OK, just a bit blue. My past experiences with relationships that started online have been universally positive, and that this one should come so close only to go down in flames really makes me sad.

But yes: back on point. Today I'm going to threaten legal action to the gym director so he can sort out my membership.

Now, where the heck is my instant oatmeal??? WHere did I leave my Fibersure???

Well, I am planning on hitting the gym today hard!!!! I have to work Tues and Wed and then the gym is closed the rest of the week. So, its today and then not til next week.

We are getting away for the New Year to Frankenmuth Michigan... there is a lodge we stay at and really enjoy getting out of town. The kids really like going there too, and with teenagers... if they like it, you need to go with it. (LOL)

I am patiently awaiting my next scheduled adjustment Jan 13th!!! Then it will be down to some serious business... I want to hit the 100 pound loss marker on the anniversary date of my band!!! I think I can do it!!!!!! Just need to get back to the basics!!!