Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems of over-fill??

Hi. I think my last fill was just a tad too full. At first I figured the golfball feeling and slight discomfort would go away as the swelling went down. I have been feeling fuller faster and longer, which I thought was a blessing. I was able to get down a little bit of chicken, coleslaw, mashed potatoes and 10 corn chips (not in one sitting) so I thought I was doing OK. Then I PBed and threw up on chicken. Later that same day I PBed on 2 chips. The next day I PBed on pureed chili. Today the most I got down was mashed potatoes.

I'm pretty sure now that I'm a little too tight. I can get liquids and some mushies down. It's not like I'll starve or I'm PBing my saliva. But now I'm worried about what effect this might have, if any, on my band.

My Dr is 3 hours away and my next fill is scheduled March 6. Should I wait? Do you think this will pass as I am shrinking so quickly?

Thanks for your input!

As a person who had to have a total unfill and then slowly go back up (I'm still not at a great restriction after 2.5 months) I suggest you change your appt and go sooner than later. This way, you will not continue to irritate the tissue around your band. I had to heal mine due to irritation and it's not fun!

March 6 - hmmm, well, you're not going to NEED your next fill so if you can move the appointment forward and get fixed up sooner rather than later, I would. And I'd stay on mushies till then and try to avoid PBing.

Hi. I think my last fill was just a tad too full. At first I figured the golfball feeling and slight discomfort would go away as the swelling went down. I have been feeling fuller faster and longer, which I thought was a blessing. I was able to get down a little bit of chicken, coleslaw, mashed potatoes and 10 corn chips (not in one sitting) so I thought I was doing OK. Then I PBed and threw up on chicken. Later that same day I PBed on 2 chips. The next day I PBed on pureed chili. Today the most I got down was mashed potatoes.

I'm pretty sure now that I'm a little too tight. I can get liquids and some mushies down. It's not like I'll starve or I'm PBing my saliva. But now I'm worried about what effect this might have, if any, on my band.

My Dr is 3 hours away and my next fill is scheduled March 6. Should I wait? Do you think this will pass as I am shrinking so quickly?

Thanks for your input!

Trust me you need to go to your Dr. I just went today and had a .1cc unfill and I can really tell a difference. I got some chicken stuck and had not been able to eat solid food without severe pain since Monday. Then I had MAJOR reflux.:thumbup: My last fill was 2 weeks ago today and I had lost 7 lbs!!! My doc was not happy... I'm lucky that my Dr is only 40 miles away, but I would have driven any length to get relief. I wasn't PBing but man was I uncomfortable...

Hi you could have written the message from me... I am in completely the same situation. I have lost 14lbs in a week. Certainly the weight loss I was looking for but feel pretty yak as not getting enough fluids in.

I am drinking Protein drinks till I can get for a fill. I even pb on Jello the other day! How tight must it be!!

Hope you manage to swap you appointment.

UKANGEL,

OMG!!!!!!14 lbs in a week??????Be careful you don't dehydrate. When is your appt??? Please take care...

I was able to get down a little bit of chicken, coleslaw, mashed potatoes and 10 corn chips (not in one sitting) so I thought I was doing OK. Then I PBed and threw up on chicken. Later that same day I PBed on 2 chips. The next day I PBed on pureed chili. Today the most I got down was mashed potatoes.

You definitely should go to the doc sooner than later. I would avoid wasting calories and "space" on coleslaw, mashed potatoes, and corn chips and strive to get Protein in even if it's a shake as well.

Then I PBed and threw up on chicken. Later that same day I PBed on 2 chips. The next day I PBed on pureed chili. Today the most I got down was mashed potatoes.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have found that if I get anything stuck, it's best for me to go on liquids for the rest of that day and possibly the next day to allow the tummy to un-swell and the irritation to go away. Otherwise it seems you get an endless cycle of getting things stuck and your stomach doesn't recover and you can start to get into problem-territory.

I have been dealing with a tight fill as well, for 13 days now. I have made the mistake of taking tiny Vitamins which have gotten stuck on two different occasions, and then later that day i tried to follow up with food, which got horribly stuck and irritated my stoma so bad I could barely drink down liquids, had reflux, and major heartburn. I've been on liquids the past two days and it made things so much better. Gave my tummy a rest. The swelling has gone down A LOT and the heartburn has gone away (as has the acid reflux). However I still will probably get .1cc taken out because I think I'm a tad too tight...But liquids are going down fine and I ate some Beans and ground beef today...taking it slow.

I guess I'm sharing this because it sounds like you're about at the same place. I'd say if you can give your tummy a rest and have liquids for a day or so, and then stick to mushies or other things that won't get stuck, you would be fine until March 6. You also *may* find that once the swelling goes back down you can eat normally again.. though chances are you could use a bit of an unfill like me...

I haven't figured out when I will get an unfill either.. my next scheduled appt. is March 21 and I don't know if I want to wait that long but I'm trying to work with it for now.

Hang in there and take care of your tummy in the meantime!

Thank you all for your support and advice. It has helped a lot!

I called my Dr's office. They want me in ASAP. So, I'm going up on Monday. I'll stick to mushies and liquids for the weekend. I'm getting super head hungry for real food. I am anxious to see how much I've lost. I'm hoping this got me under 300 :rolleyes2:

It's great to see we can all help each other like this, I too got too much fill for my first fill. I thought I would wait it out and not go in to take some out. I called the Doc's office today and they said as long as I wasn't throwing up Not to come in yet. I almost threw up. I just don't want to go back to eating too much. They said to call tomorrow if it was still too tight. I have been eating pureed vegetable Soup and scrambled fake eggs. I can drink plenty of liquids so I know I am not dehydrating. Losing 14 lbs would be scary though.

The lady that does my fills recommended a long time ago that banded patients start taking children"siquid Motrin starting the day of the fills, and the day after. I just had .4cc's added today, and I am drinking chicken broth and burping to get it down. You better believe that I got the Motrin in me ASAp so this will stop shortly. I did not start taking it this morning as I should have, and I see a big difference from the times that I have before now. It realy does help with the swelling.

The lady that does my fills recommended a long time ago that banded patients start taking children"siquid Motrin starting the day of the fills, and the day after. I just had .4cc's added today, and I am drinking chicken broth and burping to get it down. You better believe that I got the Motrin in me ASAp so this will stop shortly. I did not start taking it this morning as I should have, and I see a big difference from the times that I have before now. It realy does help with the swelling.

That is so interesting I was wondering if this would help. I'm a bit overfilled since Tues..... basically on liquids... managed small amt of yogurt with slime (but after hot liquid I was ok). May go to duane read right now!

:wink2:

Thanks for your input!

I just went for my preop dr visit and the one thing he stressed over and over is that if you are vomiting call your doctor right away. :biggrin: It has too many things that can affect your band. I would call right away, maybe you can get a sooner appt and have some liquid taken out, I am sure you would feel it was worth the 3 hour drive.:wink2:

Let us know what happens...Pam92

I love that we can all "band" together like this and share stories and advice. I too think I am a bit too full and I can keep down liquids and some muchies but all else causes discomfort. It is the weekend so it has been comforting to come and see how others are also dealing with this same issue. Thanks all.

I am too tight, might go back on Tuesday for an unfil and in the meantime, trying frozen sugar free popsicles to stay hydrated.