Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

I had a great NSV over the weekend. A friend of my got me a gift care to Aeropostale. The first thing that went through my mind was this gift card is going to go to my husband because there is no way i am going to fit anything in that store. Well i decided to go on line to check out their stuff. I found a few things that i liked so i decided order i figured they would fit after i lost a few more pounds ( i was told that the xl fitt like a med). So they arrived over the weekend. I decided to see how they would fit and how much i would need to lose ( i orders and xl and 15/16 pant). Well they fit like the were made for me. My friend wheres a large from this place and i think she is very thin so for me to fit into a xl from here was such a suprise. I have been fitting into a size 16 and xl top from other places but never thought i would fit into cloths from here until i got thiner.

Edited by reneek

I ate meat that wasn't pureed today!!! YES!

I have to share these with all of you

1. I can now save my legs with ease

2. I can see my va ja ja lol

3. I can now wear L tops

4. it now doesn't take half of a bottle of lotion to lotion my body (less serface area)

5. I can now steal my husband lounge pants which are oh so comfy.

6. I have ribs Who knew!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by reneek

Had an amazing NSV happen recently! My mom is 5'0 and around 125lbs - not super skinny, but totally petite and cute! I have always felt giant compared to her. Well recently when I was home she was able to give me a jacket that she had bought that was too long on her AND a pair of her size 29 Hudson jeans that were too big on her now - i've inspired her to drop about 5-10lbs.

Getting to share clothes with my mom is one of the most special NSVs yet!

Sharing clothes is a fantastic NSV! All throughout college I was jealous of my roommates because they could all share clothes... just once I want to wear something that belongs to a skinny friend. I'm getting there!

BIG nsv for me a few days ago! my best friend from high school was in town visiting me and needed to borrow a pair of jeans. she has always been tiny to me (calls herself a size 2, but shes probably more a comfortable size 4)... before my surgery, she asked what size i wanted to be ultimately and i said i thought i didnt want to be as small as her, that i didnt think i would look good at her size. i said i would probably want to be a size 8 comfortably, and possibly a size 6 if i ever got to that point. well, a week or so ago, i actually bought my first pair of size 4 jeans (not too tight to button either, they actually fit me just perfectly! crazy i know!) so i let her try them on and... lo and behold... they fit her! she actually had to struggle a little bit to get them over her calves since they are express' ultra skinny jeans. MIND BLOWING! i don't see myself as the same size as she is, and i suppose it will take me a long time to see my body the way the rest of the world sees it, but... when i see pictures of us together now, we really are the same size! it sounds so vain but i never realized how much this would mean to me...

Jane, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I shared clothes with my friend the other day for the first time ever! It is such an amazing feeling to look in the mirror and be ALMOST completely satisfied with how you look.

OH! One more NSV.... I've started swimming without a shirt! I've always wanted to be able to do this, but being big I never had the courage. No more!

I've got a couple of NSV's... the main one I have to say was going to 5 parks in Orlando, FL I fitting comfortably in every single ride! And this past weekend at church I actually had someone ask me if I had plastic surgery!?!?!?! I couldn't be happier with my band and I thank God for giving me the strength and courage I needed to go on with surgery when I was terrified! LOVE MY BAND!!!

I've got a couple of NSV's... the main one I have to say was going to 5 parks in Orlando, FL I fitting comfortably in every single ride! And this past weekend at church I actually had someone ask me if I had plastic surgery!?!?!?! I couldn't be happier with my band and I thank God for giving me the strength and courage I needed to go on with surgery when I was terrified! LOVE MY BAND!!!

Awesome for you! I hated having to wait in line and hope to gosh i fit in the ride.. I am sure i still have a ways to go to fit is some rides.

My first NSV is, today I am wearing a pair of Scrub pants that i couldnt wear cause they were so tight,when i would sit, i swear they cut my circulation off to my legs hehe.. Not anymore.. They are even a little loose..

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

alright so i was just banded march 10th, but have already had some awesome NSV. i officially can't fit into any of my old pants. my friend the othere day grabbed the back of my pants and told me i had to get a smaller size bc of the butt baggage. the best part was that they were my TIGHTEST jeans pre-op! i had to switch them all with 'skinny pants' drawer i used to only dream of wearing. i'm wearing jeans now i haven't fit in since i was a sophomore in high school! plus yesterday i was in a restaurant my family friend owns and his daughter came up and said 'i just had to walk over here and tell you, you look so good!' it definitely made my day :thumbup:

my father-in-law to be said, "you've always been pretty, but you are really looking great now!" He is not one to compliment, he stumbled through saying it, it was so nice <3

my father-in-law to be said, "you've always been pretty, but you are really looking great now!" He is not one to compliment, he stumbled through saying it, it was so nice <3

Hey guys :smile: Haven't posted in here in a while, but yesterday was a huge NSV for me. I ran in Urban Dare with my friend Suzy, which is like a 1-day Amazing Race. We covered about 7.5 miles in less than 2.5 hours and got 7th place out of 43 teams! I didn't run it all, but we were able to power walk and choose a smart route to get 7th :ohmy: My knees and hips are killing me today, but I invested in some Joint juice and a bottle of liquid tylenol :smile2:

Weight loss has been slow, but it's the little things like this that make up for it.