Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

I had one today... I went Zip-lining. It was so much fun. They had a weight limit of 270lbs. I realized that I wouldn't have been able to do it last year. It was an awesome feeling and soooooo much fun!!!!!

Here's a pic from 55 ft up...

post-244539-13813138812072_thumb.jpg

That's a great one! I totally want to do the zip line!

Well this is a minor Nsv but nonetheless I was excited. I hardly go out to eat anymore but decided to go out with my friend the other day. She chose the olive garden and I was bummed because I never could fit in the chairs, and I spent the whole time feeling like everyone knew it. Well the other night I went anyway and I actually fit in the chair and comfortably. I could sit and enjoy my time and it was one of those moments where you think this is why I did this.

Keep up the good work guys!

I was banded 10-9-09 and I went camping and hiking this weekend. We did a MUCH harder hike than what we did in the spring and I was WAY less short of breath. I could have even done more! Sitting at the top of this huge rock and looking at the amazing view with all of the trees changing colors was great. If I hadn't lost that 25 or 30 pounds this may not have been possible. I can't wait to see what its like after I lose another 60 or 70! :cursing:

10428_624528882334_38304202_36087174_6632743_n.jpg

i started working at a new office about 6 weeks ago, so everyone there has never known me as the fat girl. and because i work for a magazine publisher, our floor of maybe 100 people is about 75% women (a good number of whom are very pretty, skinny and fashionable), so the guys that work there flirt, all day long. its not really a big deal, its mostly a younger group (in their mid-twenties) so its a fun atmosphere, but its weird to be included in that group of "hot girls" that these guys hit on.

sooo i have a related NSV to this that i feel really horrible telling anyone else, i even feel a little weird telling you guys! but i know most of you (girls at least) completely agree with me that you've secretly wanted this one.... well: of all of the guys at our work, theres really only one that many of the girls actually flirt back with. i can see why, by normal standards, hes very attractive -- tall, athletic, confident --though this isnt really my type so i dont flirt with him. hes still a fun guy though, so i think of him as a nice work friend. but last night a big group of us went to a bar after work and in front of all these girls who were trying to get his attention, this one guy kept on talking to me -- and at the end of the night asked for my number in front of some of the other girls! (and-- stupid me, i actually gave it to him because i didnt believe that he was actually trying to pick up me and not these other gorgeous women that were so obviously flirting with him.... but i figured it out later that night when he sent me a booty text! HA!)

soooooo yeah, sorry for this long story, but this is a big nsv for me-- I TURNED DOWN A "HOT GUY"! this is the biggest confidence booster! i feel so horrible saying this one out loud after all of those years of being rejected, but i dont feel so bad, because i assume this guy hasnt gotten turned down very often. and i am only saying it to you guys because otherwise its really embarrassing and i dont think other people would understand why its a big deal... that this guy chose to pick ME up and not the other gorgeous girls.... wow!

lol trust me. I understand. I have a boyfriend but I have other guy friends and yeah they have been awkwardly hugging/touching/paying attention to me. It's very strange. But I don't really think I could talk about that anywhere else but here lol

you ladies will understand this one. I haven't gotten new bras since before i was banded. Well i was so tired of my old ones falling off my shoulders and not keeping the tat tat's up. So i decided to buy some new bras. I was wearing a 44C when i stated so i figured that i would go down a size a get a 42C. So i got a couple of 42C and headed to the dressing room. They were to big so i went a got some 40c's again to big. So i went back and got some 38C's thinking to myself that these are never going to fit. OMG they fit not tight just right. I can't believe these fit. The next time i go shopping for bras i am heading right for Victoria secerts (bought these one's at walmart) I have never been able to shop there now i will since i can now fit a 38C.

Edited by reneek

I fit into size 18/16 jeans. The 18s are loose after an hour or so, but the 16s are too snug. I'm a 17 haha! I never imagined going from 24/26 to 18/16 in six months. I'm blown away. The reality of it all hasn't caught up to me yet. I still feel like the fat girl, but things keep happening to contradict it!

I'm so happy I could cry.

Oh, and I never cut the size tags out of anything anymore. I used to because they embarassed me so I'd claim they were itchy. Not even my mother knew why I really did it. Now I leave them in my shirts, my pants, my underwear XD. I love staring at these new numbers before I get dressed in the morning. (Not really a NSV, but I thought I'd share.)

Reneek: That's wonderful! Nothing like a new bra AND fitting into an unexpectedly smaller size to put a skip in your step. Congratulations!

Edited by Erin Marie

Erin Marie-- I used to cut the tags out of my clothes for the same reason! definitely don't do that anymore... lol congrats on your incredible weight loss so far!

I fit into a size 30 pair of jeans! yeah they were rediculously tight but hey I could still button them!

great NSV's everyone! Jane I'm so proud of you :w00t:

I officially fit into a 36 and a large shirt! I never thought I would be smaller than a XL.

I had the most amazing experience last week. The hospital that I work in, which happens to be where my surgery was done, is rolling out a marketing campaign for my surgeon and the lap-band. Well I am the before/after. I had a photo shoot last Wednesday!!!! It was sooooo much fun. I have NEVER done anything close to that before in my life.

I don't have the finished shots yet, by I took some head shots with my phone.

Here's the before they are going to use...and the after shot from my phone...

post-244539-13813138861951_thumb.jpg

post-244539-13813138862139_thumb.jpg

So regardless of vanity sizes(poo on them) I'm going to be excited. The smallest I ever was was a size 10. Well yesterday I wore a size 8 jeans from target, all day, a little snug but they button and fit and are comfy. I have never been a single digit!!!!(size 1-3x do NOT count! lol)

Visited my friend in Florida this weekend and we did a 10 mile bike ride. I was really worried before we started out because I was always so out of shape I never wanted to do anything like that.

Halfway through I felt great and when we finished I felt like I could keep going! It was so great to be able to go out and do physical things with my friends and not feel like the fat girl holding everyone back

I'm excited to finally be able to post in here. I've been following since i joined. I will be getting my surgery this Tuesday.

My NSV is finally being able to believe I can lose this weight and actually be thin. I've been overweight since I was 7 and in the past I've allowed myself to believe maybe i can just be obese instead of morbidly obese or even just overweight but never did I allow myself to believe I could be thin for fear of failure. I'm so excited to begin this journey and congrats to all of you for your progress I can't wait to be where you are.