Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

Well, I've been really down on myself because I haven't lost much weight lately. Which in result makes me feel fat. But I still managed to have a NSV.

When I was in Alaska, I went on several really intense hikes and was able to keep up with all the athletic people in our group, and wasn't the guy holding everyone up. Woohoo!

Also, I went for a jog yesterday and was able to do 3 miles more or less non-stop. I had to walk to cross streets and stuff like that, but was able to run it.

Now all I need is that number to start going down again.

thats awesome laur! I remember when I first fit into my old pair of size 16s; it was such a good feeling not having to lay down on the bed and suck in just to button it. (and to think.... now six months after that NSV i am almost HALF that size?!)

sorry you have been feeling down lately. My boobs took awhile before they got smaller.. I still fit into my old 38D bras, but they aren't busting out of them anymore I guess, and I don't have those back fat rolls from struggling to clasp it in the back.

Don't get down on yourself too hard! You have to remember how far you've come in such a short time.. and the fact that you are STILL losing weight! it takes awhile for the mind to catch up with the body... believe me, mine is still wayyy way behind.

and mrriceguy-- I hope you are proud of yourself for that 3 mile jog! I was only just now able to run 5k a week or two ago... and you are running with more weight on you so now I am feeling like I need to step my game up if I am going to keep up with YOU! and I am sooooo jealous that you went hiking in Alaska. That sounds like an awesome trip.

Edited by janesays

thanks jane! my bras do fit better around, but cup size is still a lot larger than I'd like, oh well.. I just gotta keep at it...

mrriceguy - i WISH i could jog 3 miles!

Congrats Lurr. MY NSV has to do with Pants as well.... I 'm in that inbetween sizes phase, but am able to get my fat ass into a pair of work pants that say "12" on them.... It's so strange how NY & co runs.... I have a pair of Work pants from them that are an 18, and they are becoming loose on me. But a different cut pants are a 12 and fit nicely..... I usually have a good day when I wear the 12's lol

I had a tiny fill yesterday, and my mom could see I was not in a good mood. So she drags out these jeans that she swears will fit me. They were a size 16.

Well these must be some Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants friggen magic jeans, because lo and behold I didn't even have to struggle into them. I almost cried I was so happy. Yes, they are stretch-ish and yes, they are not the slim-est of cuts (they're actually "Not Your Daughter's Jeans", if that means anything to you). But they were a size 16. I can't remember the last time I was a size 16. Probably 8 years ago.

I still wear a size 18 in majority of pants, and I'm still rocking size XL clothes (thanks boobs). But I have one pair of super flattering jeans that say size 16 on them.

Ahhhh! you need to perk it up! They're 16's, woooo hooo! :drool: And you know what you should do to cheer up?? Measure yourself! The scale is not your friend, but you are NOT that number on that scale. Measure yourself and weeks the lbs won't go anywhere but the inches will fall off! It is such a motivator. Last wk I lost 1.5 lbs, but 10.25 inches!!! It's so weird but beyond amazing! I refuse to weigh myself now! :thumbup:

I just had a NSV: A pair of denim capris, and a tee-shirt I have not worn in a year and a half fit- PERFECTLY!, took a shot in the dark trying the capri's on, and they slid right on and buttoned no problem!!!!!!

Again, They are NY & co,Size 14 but they are slim-fit So they are probably a 12 in other stores. And when I got them they were TIGHT on me Like to the point that after I ate I had to un-button them and pull my shirt down to cover it, They looked like they were screaming- PLEASE HELP ME!!! and I had to take them off immediatly when I got home. Again for the enormousness of my behind, I have to pull them up constantly so I don't get the "cut-off roll".... :confused:

The tee-shirt I just pulled it on and it fit in all the right places.... The last time this happend was 3 years ago. I'm in heaven right now!

My NSV's:

down to size 20

down to 1x tops

down a size in panties

bra went from 40D to 38D,yay! still rockin' the boobage!

I've been walking every day

Lost another 7 inches this week w/ 2 lbs weightloss!

So you know how when you go on vacation to Fl you can never find the cute shirts in those gift shops because they're all in the "itty bitty I aint got tittys section"?! Well, I bought TWO shirts from the itty bitty section YAY!!!!!!!!...LMAO I LOVE IT!!!!!

I noticed that my size 38 shorts are getting a little too big today! :thumbdown:

Today I finally convinced myself that my glasses do not, in fact, make my face look skinnier and went out and got contacts :thumbdown:

Drew, I swear you just shrink. Congrats.

Haha I think so too. I'm not complaining though :thumbdown:

Congrats on your weight loss!

Holy cow! You guys blow me away with your success! Not to mention all of the inspiration I get when I read through here, especially with Jane, Drew, and Laurrs little stories of NSV success. (I apologize- those are the only names I can remember off the top off my head.)

12/30/08: I tried to hide the fact that my 22s were far too tight. :thumbup:

07/20/09: I cleaned out my closet and threw out the 22s and the 20s. I picked up a pair of 18s that haven't fit in two years, the "skinny jeans" style in particular (oh, the irony of a fat girl in skinny jeans cracks me up every time I wear them), and those suckers fit!!! Not just "like a glove", but loose! :ohmy:

...and they made my posterior look cute once more! :thumbup:

I'm still waiting on my old size 16 Gap corduroys from 8th grade to fit. Along with a number of vintage tees and retro dresses to fit that Mom bought me years prior, that never fit properly.

I went shopping yesterday (see my blog for an extremely long entry about it) but ended up buying two pairs of jeans at American Eagle in size 14. That fit SO well - and comfortably.

It's crazy to think that when I went out to dinner last night, in my size 14 jeans, my XL jcrew tee, even my now 38dd bra - I was wearing all "normal" sized clothes. No longer will I be relegated to buying my american eagle and vic's secret online. a HUGE nsv!

ok so this NSV isnt' like the usual ones you read about. kinda bitter sweet. Back in Dec i bough a new wardrobe at Torrid, and it wasn't cheap. i was so excited because i was in all the smaller sizes. flash forward to feb none of those fit. had to buy new going out and work clothes. again very excited to buy new clothes in smaller sizes so i spared no expense. Flash forward to now. had to buy more clothes. it's crazy!!! about every 3 months i change a size. don't get me wrong. i am wayyyyy excited. but today i was looking at my pile of new clothes i had bought since dec (some with tags still on them) and i added it up in my head. Hundreds of dollars!!!!! Again not complaining. i am super excited about my weight loss. just be prepared and dont go on a shopping spree the first time you go down a size :thumbup:

Happy to report i'm a size 12, and very very happy with my weight loss.