Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you gain w/ band & baby?

Hi Everyone,

Since everyone knows how much weight they have gained I figured I would look it up.. I will be 31 weeks tommorrow and have gained 34lbs. I have fairly large babies, 10.4 and 9lbs so lol hopefully I won't be as bad off after I have her. I am unfilled.. plan on getting my tubes tied at 4wks and a refill at 5 to 6 wks..

Hope everyone is doing well.. were hanging out inside cuz the heat has finally hit our area for the past few days.

Brandi

I'm 17 weeks at the moment, and so far since conceiving I have lost 8 kg/17 lbs.

I am 30 1/2 weeks and have still lost the one lb. I got back to the OB tomorrow for my two week check up so we will see. I did find out Monday that I have gestantional diabetes and that it is rather high. That sugary Syrup drink was horrible. I can't eat that much sugar in one sitting, so I am not too concerned about it. But, this means testing my blood sugar four times a day again. Yuck! I have really bad baby blues too - does anyone else? I intend on talking to the dr about it as well. My Ob will tie my tubes 4 weeks after baby too and my lap band dr will give me a fill one week after baby! That is something to look forward to, I think! I have been so bad with eating breads and pastas, that I am going to have to reteach myself the bandster ways!

... and my lap band dr will give me a fill one week after baby! That is something to look forward to, I think! I have been so bad with eating breads and pastas, that I am going to have to reteach myself the bandster ways!

Only 1 week! Wow! I have to wait 6 weeks. Just call me jealous! :)

I've been bad with pastas, etc too. My band has suddenly tightened up on me again the last few weeks, so I've had a crash course in following the bandster rules again -- kinda wish I never stopped. Oh well. I've still only gained 15lbs at 29 weeks.

Poohlvr - I know what you mean about the baby blues! I had never heard of pre-natal depression but I am definatly suffering from it. My Consultant keeps just telling me it is transient and not to worry that it will pass once the baby is born! Well i'm only 22 weeks and the thoughts of feeling like this for any long is just hell. So I definatley know what you are feeling.

I am still as sick and nauseaus as ever! I have 10lbs put on but this is all baby and certainly not food as I can't even think about anything more than chicken soup! I will definately have have to learn to live and eat again like a bandster when I have gven birth as I have only been having liquid foods the last few weeks and have eaten nothing solid. Feeling full isn't a priority for me at the moment, just feeling like eating anything at all is more important. The Consultant told me to just get anything in to me at all, even fruit juice etc which I would never have drank at all or anything with sugar in it! I do know that I will probably never want to drink juice agian after this pregnancy though as I hate the thoughts of it even!

I have requested a gestational diabetes test too at 30 weeks as although I lost 5 stone to get pregnant I am so small (5ft1") that I am still in the obese range. Hopefully I won't develop this on top of being so sick.

I still don't look pregnant at all because there is no bump. My face is very gaunt from the constant sickness too. I don't think I'll have much weight to loose once the baby comes and I look forward to getting back on track and continuing my weight loss and the further 3 stone I need to get to a healthy weight.

im 7 weeks and i've lost about 6-8 pounds so far. but my tummy is already getting bigger... i've heard it's bloat, but how long does that last??

im 7 weeks and i've lost about 6-8 pounds so far. but my tummy is already getting bigger... i've heard it's bloat, but how long does that last??

Hmmmmm.. till a baby pops out? :)

I had a defill when I was about 14 weeks pregnant. Before then I was maintaining pretty well, however I had the band loosened on advice from my fill doctor.

It's now 7 weeks since the birth of my son and I put on 28lbs during pregnancy and 7lbs since having him (seriously, you grab what you can when you can in the early weeks after baby's arrival - in my case that meant mars bars!!).

So that's 35lbs in all. Eek! Not happy.

I HAD MY SURGERY 10/28/05. I LOST 90 LBS. I BECAME PREGNANT IN 07 AND HAD A BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY JANUARY OF THIS YEAR. I WAS UNFILLED AT APPROX 14 WEEKS. I GAINED 40 LBS WITH MY PREGNANCY AND HAVE ADDED ANOTHER 10 LBS IN THE LAST 5 MONTHS. I HAD SEVERE COMPLICATIONS WITH MY CSECTION AND HAVE ONLY REALLY BEEN BACK ON MY FEET FOR A COUPLE MONTHS. I WENT TODAY FOR MY FIRST FILL. PREVIOUSLY I HAD 4.5 CC IN MY BAND. OBVIOUSLY THEY WOULD ONLY PUT A SMALL AMOUNT OF Fluid IN TODAY. THEY SAID I WOULD THEN RETURN MONTHLY UNTIL I AM AT THE RIGHT LEVEL. I AM SO BLESSED WITH A BEAUTIFUL BABY BUT FEELING SO OVERWHELMED BY THE THOUGHT OF STARTING OVER. ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN THIS AREA. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS.:)

I hadn't reached goal when I got pregnant. I have 70lbs to go 35lbs of which I put back on since my defill last october. Like you trace I feel very deflated. Getting my fill next monday. Then booking in for another in september.

To Be honest, this thread has depressed me since I seem to be one of the few that HAS gained since getting pregnant. You are all doing so amazing! I am coming clean- I have gained 14-17 lbs and am in my 20th week. I seem to be fluctuating lately. I have tracked my gain closely and try to eat as healthy as I can so what can ya do more than that??? My doc wanted me to gain only 10 lbs the ENTIRE pregnancy- sorry doc! So if there are others out there like me who HAVE gained weight or DO end up gaining weight while preggers (yes, even with the lapband) you are not alone!!!!:wink2:

mypov - i wouldnt worry about it really... 17 pound gain in 20 weeks PG, thats not bad at all... your pregnancies PRE band, how much did you gain??

Losingjusme- I have adopted 3 children because I am supposed to be INFERTILE!!! lol I guess I really shouldn't complain given I never thought I'd ever experience pregnancy; but I'm sure everyone can understand how frustrating it is to be gaining after a long period of successful weightloss. I would not even BE pregnant if I hadn't gotten the lapband in the first place! But I know without a doubt if i did NOT have the lapband I would look like a blimp and my family would have to just roll me from place to place!:redface:

Thanks!