Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a Personal Trainer?!?!?!?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have a Personal Trainer?!?!?!?

• Yes i have one
    • No i dont have one
    • Are you crazy??!?! Idont want to waste my money on that
    • Would like one but dont want to spend the money

I love mine. I go see her once a month. and she tweeks my work out. Lets me know if I am doing it right or not. and fixes my problems.

I think they are great I do good keeping myself going with my own reward system. I use the trainer to get my work out to do what I need it to do.

At the moment, I'd pay someone just to run with me, lol.

I want to do a half marathon but the training is so flipping boring I almost fall asleep on my feet! An hour is my limit for running before it just gets boring boring boring. I need company. I broke my husband, I broke my oldest son and I've even taking to getting my 10 year old to run five or six kms with me, but I cannot get past about 14 (and hour and a half). But I'm such a slowpoke that I dont really want to join a running group. I just want someone to talk to while I do it, lol!

you might check the Team in Training website,(google them) they might have one in your area. My daughter is in her 2nd year with them and will be running her 2nd marathon this summer.

I was thinking about trainer or maybe a boot camp... 24 hour offering 99$ for 2x 55min but the boot camp is unlimited for 8weeks for 248$... not sure what to choose or maybe just go solo...

I was thinking about trainer or maybe a boot camp... 24 hour offering 99$ for 2x 55min but the boot camp is unlimited for 8weeks for 248$... not sure what to choose or maybe just go solo...

I'm doing boot camp now with my husband - Monday & Fridays @24hr for 786$. Little pricey - but we both needed a jolt to the every day workout. Had one session so far and it was killer - BIG difference than the 55min regular training sessions.

Yep $786.

That's for me and hubby, Every Monday & Friday - 90mins for 6wks.

Considering the gym gets on Avg $70 (depending on specials etc) for a 55min workout session....It was our anniversary present to each other:smile:..& paying off (lost 2lbs this wk).

WOW THAT IS A LOT.

Hope it works great for you. I am cheep I cant pay all that

I just bought some sessions with a trainer. I used to work out with a trainer about 5 years ago and I loved it. Back then I could control my eating so I didn't lose weight but I really did tone my body. I can't wait to see the results now that I have my eating under control.

Tomorrow is my 1st session but that will be a fitness assessment. I can't wait for the 1st workout. I won't be able to move for 2 days but it will be great.

The best part is that my trainer is a hot young thang! Talk about inspiration!

I agree with Jeni 85 - it is the most awful thing. I am sore ALL THE TIME because once I master something he makes it harder and when I get good at a certain weight he increases it! BUT that is what I am paying him for and I love him. I have worked out with him for almost 4 years and he stuck with me even though I never lost a pound the first 3 1/2 years (pre banding). He supported my decision to be banded and got right back in with me after my recuperation. He told me yesterday that he can tell I've lost 25+ pounds and I was so happy because he has been looking at my body for 4 years and he is looking at it professionally so it was a huge compliment that he noticed I was thinner. Anyway, it is a love/hate relationship. There is NO WAY on GOD'S GREEN EARTH I would ever do even half the stuff he makes me do if I didn't have him.So I keep paying him to torture me because I won't torture myself. I payed al that money for LB surgery I might as well get maximum benefit! And I have lost 7.5 inches off my abdomen since surgery (5 months!) Yeah for my trainer!

That is great kbinaz!!!! I'm self pay lap bander myself, and I told hubby when we did this (we were banded the same day) to expect more expenses w/trainers * such while we work towards goal. Our trainer finally got his arms around the lapband (made him go read up on it), and he gets why now I went that route, and I consider him part of my Doctors staff & Family on helping me get healthy and fit. I'll tell him I love him when he gets the rest of my ass off the back of my thighs - for now his ass cracking squats want me to pinch his nose:)