Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a Personal Trainer?!?!?!?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have a Personal Trainer?!?!?!?

• Yes i have one
    • No i dont have one
    • Are you crazy??!?! Idont want to waste my money on that
    • Would like one but dont want to spend the money

Is anyone as crazy as me to hire a personal trainer...

They really do try to kill every muscle in your body...and help you discover new muscles you never knew you had:scared2:

i LOVE my trainer. she has gotten to know exactly what i need and gives it to me... for instance, sometimes, i need to the accountability, so if she doesnt see me at the gym for a few days in a row, she emails me telling me to get my rear to the gym... :)

i had my last session with her Saturday and oh boy she kicked my behind. cant wait til i can go back to her in about 6 months...

I have a Love/Hate relationship w/my trainer. I love that he's getting my body to look better than it has in yrs & hate him when he's kicking my A$$. He's an ex Marine, and thinks I've signed up for Boot Camp at times:) If it werent' for him, I'd be a mess since my weight loss is at a snails pace...

Not sure I can give him up just yet **need to buy more sessions** ...:)

lulu,

i know how you feel.. i dont wanna give up my trainer, but its pointless since i wont be able to do much after my tuck (6 months or more ... :) - no idea what im going to do!!)

Oh that's this wk!!!! Wow, good luck to you - hope all goes well w/the surgery!!!:)

Will you be able to walk / treadmill or are you "out" for 6months?

i can start S L O W L Y on the tmill after 2-3 weeks out. maybe 1.5-2.0 MPH (ha - that's where i started when i first started working out, and that was pushing it... now it's S L O W)..

i know i wont be able to push myself for a few months, but i have that Disney Minnie Marathon (9 miles) the first weekend or so in May, so i have motivation.

i can start S L O W L Y on the tmill after 2-3 weeks out. maybe 1.5-2.0 MPH (ha - that's where i started when i first started working out, and that was pushing it... now it's S L O W)..

i know i wont be able to push myself for a few months, but i have that Disney Minnie Marathon (9 miles) the first weekend or so in May, so i have motivation.

good luck with the tt... let us know how it goes

good luck with the tt... let us know how it goes

thanks ... :)

we have several people having plastics in Feb/March ... threads are all in the plastics forum.

I'd like one but dont want to spend the money, lol.

I dunno, I'm afraid that I'll know more than the trainer, modest thing that I am.

I dont know what its like there, but here, a personal trainer qualification is a back of a corn flakes packet type thing, anyone can get one, its not hard, it doesnt take long to qualify so there's loads of shite ones out there who will simply rote learn the same drivel about long, slow cardio sessions and push some high Protein drink or other. That would piss me off to pay for that.

There is of course EXCELLENT ones out there that will push you to get the best out of yourself, especially since my main goal now is not to lose weight but to continue to change my body composition, some scientific, purpose driven training in a gym would really do me good now. But that COSTS. And I dont have money to spend on things like that with 3 kids to clothe, feed, education, pay for their basketball, tennis, footy, etc etc, groan.

I love my trainer. I can't say enough wonderful things about him. I just wish I could afford to work out with him a lot more than I can. He really knows his stuff. He has never tried to promote anything and is so patient and explains things to me until I understand, cause I always have so many questions.

I love my trainer too. I had him for a year and then had to give him a break ($$$) until next month. Then I can get me a bunch more sessions. Besides the fact that he has taught me tons of things, he keep me on track. He keeps me accountable for my actions, good or bad. I love my trainer and cant wait to get back to my sessions. He may be expensive but he is well worth it.

I feel the same way. Mine is supposed to be getting space somewhere else. He has all of his own equipment to set up somewhere. Right now he is working out of my gym and has to give a percentage to the gym. That makes the sessions more expensive.

At the moment, I'd pay someone just to run with me, lol.

I want to do a half marathon but the training is so flipping boring I almost fall asleep on my feet! An hour is my limit for running before it just gets boring boring boring. I need company. I broke my husband, I broke my oldest son and I've even taking to getting my 10 year old to run five or six kms with me, but I cannot get past about 14 (and hour and a half). But I'm such a slowpoke that I dont really want to join a running group. I just want someone to talk to while I do it, lol!

try looking at exercisefriends.com They have a forum type thing where you can hook up with someone else to run, walk, hike, bike whatever with. I have a friend who found her running partner there and they kick eachother's butts!