Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nontraditional Curse Words

Many of the people in the land of my exile seem to be easily offended. One young lady was terribly offended when I said the word “damn!” She had just told me that she never needed to come to math class or study, and she was still getting an “A” in the class. I believe what I actually told her was “Damn! I hate you! Please be my tutor!” Her husband is in my program, and the next day he told me how offended and hurt she was that I swore at her.

One of my all time favorite shows, Farscape, used the word “Frell” and Battlestar Galactica uses “frack” to use in place of “the f-word.” (and no, I don’t mean food….)

Last semester in my ceramics class, I broke a pot that had taken me over 6 hours to create. At which point I exclaimed “Several Bad Words!!!!” Once people had figured out what I said, they started laughing. So lately, when I need to casually curse, I will say “several bad words” or just shorten it to “bad words!”

One of the favorite swear phrases here in SE Idaho is “oh my heck!” which just always gives me a giggle.

Sorry, but I'm not much on synonyms, I got to yell the real thing baby, except when my granddarlings are around. I've owned a construction business for more than 30 years, I can hang with the best of them. Sometimes we'll be in the warehouse and one of the guys will use foul language, my son will say, "watch your mouth, that's my damn mama over there". What a son!

Sometimes we'll be in the warehouse and one of the guys will use foul language, my son will say, "watch your mouth, that's my damn mama over there". What a son!

That's cute!

I try to watch it, but after working with five garages of men working for the county, I have a hard time. It is so easy to pick up what they say and so hard to break it!

"mell of a hess"

"son of a biscuit eater"

Marie~ I thought my mother was the only one to ever use these phrases!HAHA!!!

She has 1 more I must share.

She says "You thought I was gonna say HELL but I didn't"

"Dad-gummit!" is a favorite, especially if you say it through clenched teeth.

Sometimes, though, nothing but a good ole "SH*T!!" will do it for me. If I'm in the car with the kids...I might turn it into a "CcchhhTTT" if I must.

Swearing is a hard habit to break, and I'm glad I abstain for the most part. It kind of "hurts my ears" when I hear others rattle off, especially "GD", THAT I have a hard time with, is that a Southern thing? To not like to hear GD, that is, or is it just a NC or SE ID thing? I love how you call it exile, Vinesqueen!

I am a total potty mouth and I have to watch myself around my nieces and nephew. About the only successful conversion I'm managed is to say "effing" instead of. . . Well, yet another reason I'm glad I'm not in SE Idaho.

Best of me, I too say Dad gum it from time to time. I guess I use "Pissing me off" more than any other. Sometimes Sh*t. If something/someone jumps in front of me.

What I really hate is someone who uses profanity to get attention. I don't quite understand that. Or the "so-called Christian" who uses words so they can feel better that they didn't actually say the word. I have a co-worker like that. I say to her all the time, if you are thinking in profanity, what is the difference than saying the real word? (of course I am not talking about in front of children that is different)

oh, I'm not shy with my language. Sometimes it is just more fun to come up with swear words than the standard words. Sometimes I really like to reserve them for their shock value. It used to drive the guys I worked with on one job site. I would only use words like "heck" and "darn." So when I did let loose with a torent of words like "that beeping beeper beep beeep beep beep beeeep BEEEPING BEEEPER" Well, their expressions were just priceless... I don't think language makes one more or less relegious either.

But I also try to be aware of other's sensibilities.

To be quite honest I say them all occasionally, and with passion and excitement! (Not really around the kids (although sometimes I think them!)

Zoe-I say "effing" for the (you know) word, and I find it very effective and to the point!

Being concerned with another's sensibilites is the religious part, anyway, not the cursing, I'd say. This is fun...here's some more non-traditional curse words/phrases..."I'll be John Brown" or "What the hay?" or "God Bless America!" I say that when I'm frustrated.

for the "f" word : freak, fudge, fughedaboutit

for the "s" word: shhhhhheeze, shitola, crapper

for "gd" word: See above catch phrases...

I stopped saying the real words when my son was 2 1/2 and was with me when I dropped some cake mix on the ground and said the real "s" word and he walked around the house for WEEKS throwing toys on the ground on purpose saying it. He thought it was funny as heck. I was embarrassed but my mother-in-law was peeved. So I got at least a little pleasure out of it. :)

I'm somewhat partial to "You farking ice hole." But some people seem offended even though I'm NOT using any naughty words...go figure.

I have a dual situation...but I get caught up sometimes... when I am teaching my language is just so...but when I coaching they (the men) need a little cursing now and again to get them going and so that understand that I am serious. But the other day I was in the school comp lab with the other teachers when I slammed my finger in the desk and just as the principal came in I said the F word nice and loud... She let it go because I was bleeding and not a child was in sight!