Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts TT, BL, Lipo & BA

Karey - Wow you are going to look amaaaaazing!! I know that it is a bummer when your family arent behind you, but ultimately they havent walked a mile in your shoes either. I know that my DH isnt thrilled at the thought of me having more tweaking, but whilst I respect his veiws I also aknowledge that it aint his body its mine, and it hasn't been his battle, its been mine.

I think that you should start a new thread, that way if you put the procedures in the title anyone that is thinking of getting them done will know where to look!

That is a lot of surgery, but they reckon that you can only concentrate on one pain at a time anyway, so why not?

Are we going to get a new load of before piccies???

Nina x

Karey -

I agree with Becky. Our loved ones do not want to see us suffer. Nor do they want to worry about us during surgery. They can't imagine how you feel and why you would want to have surgery. Please let us know where your thread will be. Best of luck always!!

It is a lot of surgery, but I figure that pain is pain, so I'll just be a little more miserable, than it will be over. I may start a new thread, not sure that I want to put butt pictures up, though. We'll see maybe I can take some that are tasteful, so to speak. Still have 2 months to think about it!

Karey,

I'm hoping your family will eventually get used to this whole idea and jump on board with you before your surgeries. But I can say that my husband was not on board with me having WLS or PS.

However, I knew I just had to move forward without that support because I was sick and tired of hating my body and absolutely at the end of my rope. I knew that once he saw how happy I was (am) with everything and what a sense of well-being these surgeries have given me, he would look back and say that it was a good thing, which he really has at this point. So even if you don't get the support you need up front, I believe it will come eventually, even if it comes a little late. In the meantime we are all definitely here to support you :thumbup::thumbup::)!

Thanks for the support. My family wasn't excited about my WLS or first round of PS either. Hopefully, I'll look so great that they'll understand why I was willing to go through it again!