Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast Food List?

I do the chicken select strips at McDonalds, I can eat a taco from taco bell, I can do kentucky fried chicken from KFC, I try not to eat much fast food, we used to eat it 2 times or more a week but since banding it is down to once maybe every 3 weeks. I cook alot now.

One thing I have to disagree with my doctor about. He wants patients to eat only 3 meals and no Snacks. I think that is a bad idea, because usually people eat before work (around 7:30) lunch (around 12p) and then most people get off work around 5 they are starving......you play in your head, I can go home and cook, or just go through a drive-thru. No wonder people have weight issues. Plus that is too long a stretch to go without eating something. Usually people visit the vending machines too. I have been eating small amounts every 2-3 hours and in the last month I have lost 18 pounds. I had plateaued for 6 months, so I am really excited I am losing again. I am eating more food, but, healthier food with less calories, fat, sugar

I have heard Denise that if you eat 6 small meals a day of healthy nutritious foods that it can speed up your metabolism. Seems to be working with you. Keep it up that is great news.

One thing I have to disagree with my doctor about. He wants patients to eat only 3 meals and no Snacks. I think that is a bad idea, because usually people eat before work (around 7:30) lunch (around 12p) and then most people get off work around 5 they are starving......you play in your head, I can go home and cook, or just go through a drive-thru. No wonder people have weight issues. Plus that is too long a stretch to go without eating something. Usually people visit the vending machines too. I have been eating small amounts every 2-3 hours and in the last month I have lost 18 pounds. I had plateaued for 6 months, so I am really excited I am losing again. I am eating more food, but, healthier food with less calories, fat, sugar

Guest j. lynn

Chances are that your MD (Primary Care Physician) won't be able to do the fills. They just don't have the right training or knowledge.

It is very important that you see your surgeon when you are supposed to. Follow-up care is critical to LapBand patients.

Good luck!

I don't eat out but maybe once per week now (as opposed to pretty much everyday pre-banding), but when I do, I try to make good choices.

McDonalds - Their grilled chicken sandwich is out of this world and I find it to be VERY filling too.

Wendys - Their small chili is very good and it fills me up. I also looooooooovvvvve their mandarin orange salad in the summertime too. It's very tasty.

Burger King - The chicken whopped (grilled) is very tasty and filling. Their chicken salads are very good there too.

Taco Bell - I love their beef supreme burritos. It's enough to fill me up without having to get anything else.

KFC - Their grilled chicken twister is wonderful!!!

Arby's - Roast beef and cheese sandwich is yummy and filling.

If you go to a sit down restaurant, consider ordering seafood. It's lower in fat and calories, but satisfies the appetite just like other foods do. Just be sure to order any seafood either grilled, baked, or steamed. No deep fried fishes or shrimp!

Are ya'll eating the bread with those sandwiches? Since my fill last Wed, I'm sitting here eating Wendy's chili, AFTER it went through the bullet blender and pureed. I couldn't even get a milkshake down today without pbng. If I'm not able to get more down by Wed I guess I'll have to get some taken out, I never thought I'd here/see me say that. I've pbd so much since last Wed it's a wonder I'm not dehydrated. TG for coffee and Water.

Kelly, watch that special dressing that goes with that mandarin salad it's loaded with calories.

If you are continuing to PB you might try thin liquids for a good 24-48 hours to allow your stoma irritation to heal. You want to have stuff that will run right through.

LAY'S POTATO CHIPS! They are a blessing to me! I am only supposed to be on mushy food right now, but those bad boys practically melt in your mouth and very easy to chew. They go down smooth and I was actually able to eat a medium sized bag all to myself. Not that it's a smart decision to eat a high calorie food like that, but I really needed it.

Not to sound like the B word, but, if you are still suppose to be on mushy.....follow your doctor's orders there is a reason.

After watching that movie "Supersize me" yesterday, it gives me a good incentive as to what fast food really does to my body

I try to stay away from fast food but if I must eat something when I am away from Home I choose

KFC - mashed potatos or mac & cheese. I know it's not healthy but it's quick. I do love their chicken salad.

Wendy's - Any Salad will do.

Mcdonalds Fish Sandwich without the bread.< /p>

Subway or Quiznos - any chicken Salad will do.

When I have the Salads I usually just eat all the chicken and leave everything else.

Sorry for the bump, but I just found a great deal at Burger King.

They sell the pouch of grilled chicken (intended for the salad) for $1.20

It was just the right size to fill me up. It wasn't on the menu, all I did was ask if I could get the chicken without the salad. And, it was a great alternaitve to breaded and fried nuggets.

I can do most burgers but with only one or two bites of bread. WARNING: don't try White Castle burgers!!! Without the bread they taste a little disgusting.

I get chicken nuggets or a salad at wendy's. Unfortunately, I have no problem with french fries. I haven't tried pizza yet, I am afraid.