Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hampton Roads/Peninsula thread

You did better than me! The first time I met with him one on one, I had no questions... I hadn't prepared at all!!!! I felt like such a loser!!

Gina~ I still have to do my before pics! Hubby took my measurements last night so I could put them into that Realize program thing that Dr. Clark gave me when I met with him. I like that little program online to track my foods, Water, goals, stats.... pretty nifty! =) Anyways, still have to do the pics. I have normal pics of me at various events, etc., but I want to do the face shot, the front view and the side view...

Bridg, that's one thing I wish I'd done, take measurements. I agree with the before pictures. I took a few the day before, OMG! So hard to believe.

Good luck with your band journey, I love my band :confused:

Ebonie, WELCOME ABOARD! You'll do great! :-)

GINA, You're dogs are adorable! I'm going to send mine as well. Thanks for everything!

Amanda, I'm going to PM you my number so you can call me. We'll defiinitely need to get together to scrapbook. I have a scrapbook pal, but she lives in DC. She's my best friend. She just came down this past weekend to have a scrapbook day with me. We can't get together much though because she lives so far. I would love to have another scrap pal. And a band pal to boot. How perfect :-)

Harley, As usual, thanks for all the great advice and support. I hope your beach house is fairing ok to all this nasty weather. YUK!

I'm so happy to be on mushys!!!! :confused:

EEK! Trying to figure out how to attach my doggie pics.

luvmy2dogs...PMd you :crying:

Does anyone remember how long it took once insurance approved it to schedule surgery with Dr. T? I have my psych eval, nut and one on one with Dr. T so I am assuming by the week after it should be ready to be submitted to insurance. I am just wondering IF insurance approves me (please please insurance gods) how long after that I will have to wait to actually get scheduled?

Amanda, Cat will schedule you right away as soon as you're approved. She wont schedule until then. Once you're approved, you can get scheduled the same day. She called me the same day of approval. It's quick! :-)

Sorry, I guess I should have asked that differently :crying: I meant like how many weeks from the time surgery is OKd by insurance until you have the actual surgery?

Amanda-

I spoke with Cat yesterday about my approval and she scheduled me for about four weeks from now. I am seeing Dr. C. and not Dr. T. and I should be getting my pre-op packet in the mail next week. :crying:

Hope this helps.

ebonie...that is exactly what I was looking for...thanks!

I am starting to get freaked out about my decision (and I am not even approved yet) I think I need to stop getting online and reading all these people post about lap band revisions, etc

Oh, and I have a whole page of questions for Dr. T :smile2:

Amanda-

Don't freak out. Sometimes it can get a little overwhelming when you read about everything. I am on this site constantly and have read all I can about the band. I even have another book coming in a couple of days. But it's best to know all you can rather than not knowing enough.:smile2:

When I went to my first consult with Dr. C., I had a spiral notebook with a ton of questions. He was so nice and answered each and every one of them. We are in very good hands.:bored:

I think 4 weeks from the time of YES let's schedule (whether self pay or insurance) is normal, due to the other appts you have prior to surgery: class; support group; dietician; fitness trainer; preOp testing.

(That is all I can think of right off the top of my head.)

Amanda. It probably depends on his surgery schedule. It was about 3 weeks for me from approval to surgery. Also, when reading all that stuff about those band revisions, keep in mind that many of them may have been several years ago. The realize band doesn't have the slippage issues, etc... that some of the others did. Plus, they do things differently now, they suture the stomach over it to keep it from slipping. Dr. T is great. You'll do fine. :-)

So, today around 1:30 I made my first "weights and Inches" chocolate shake from CMH. I am just *now* getting hungry. I can't believe it kept me full that long! WOW! I cheated and made it with 1% milk though... I even used my bullet with some ice. It makes too much for the bullet though, it's huge!! 16oz took me almost 15 minutes to drink it and I don't even have a band. LOL

Helllllewwww Hampton Roads, where is everyone? I was so excited this thread was coming to life, don't let it fade away.

Sorry I've been MIA... but things are going well. I found some little spoons and forks yesterday when walking around TJMaxx! How cool. I was so excited. I went looking for shoes to wear Sat night, didnt' find them, but found the utensils. Woohoo!!