Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hampton Roads/Peninsula thread

Thanks, Luv! :cry_smile:

It is so great to have a group of folks here that are local who have gone through the same surgeon's office that I'm going through and know what I'm going through! What a blessing you all are!!! Thank you! Please let me know if I'm asking too many dumb questions, but I really, really, really want this to work!!! I'm tired of being overweight and feeling like I'm sitting by helplessly while my body just goes down the wrong path! It's time for me to start driving this journey and not feeling like I'm holding on for dear life! I literally feel like my body is a time bomb and it's just waiting to explode... not a fun feeling! Time to get healthy and take charge!!!

I think we all know how you feel, and you're definitely on the right track, and in the right group. It's a great group here. They're very supportive! And... no questions are dumb questions. :cry_smile:

I love the magic bullet. You can use the 20% off coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond or Linen and things that are alway in the Sunday newspaper's - and save a little money!

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask! We have all different stages of the new journey here -- more than willing to help!!!!!

Okay - here are my kids!

Have a great night everyone!

Gina

post-216806-13813137614267_thumb.jpg

post-216806-13813137614636_thumb.jpg

Omg, Gina, your dogs are adorable!

I bought my bullet today at Target when I went out. I'm so excited about using it. I like that it has multiple cups so I won't have to wash a blender every single time I want to make a shake. I even read through the little recipe book tonight and was trying to think of what I can make in it to turn food into mushies, lol.

I have another question for y'all. Are you using smaller flatware to eat off of? Like baby sized spoons? If so, are you using the plastic cute colored utensils available in the baby aisles or did you find normal looking silverware in smaller sizes? I looked at that today too and decided I didnt' want a spoon with a dinosaur on it, LOL.

I was thinking about smaller utensils too. I have used my son's utensils in the past and it really does cut down on how fast you can shovel the food in :wink_smile: I saw a kids set of nice flatware somewhere recently but I can't remember where? I thought it was target but if you got your bullet there maybe not? I wish I could scrapbook with someone! I haven't worked on my books in ages :smile:

I went online and BabiesRus has some, but they're over $30 for a set of spoon and fork. Oneida.com also has some. I'll probably get them from there. You can get 4 feeding spoons (they're a little longer than baby spoons) for $14.99 plus s/h. I just don't want plastic utensils. I figured I'd need a set to keep in my purse for dinners out as well.

Hi Everyone-

I just found this thread earlier today and was so excited to see others who are patients of Drs. Clark and Terracina.

I just spoke with Cat at WLSC about 15 minutes ago and she gave me my surgery date. October 27th!!! :thumbup: I am so excited and can barely type this message.

This has been a long time coming as I tried about two years ago to have surgery but insurance was like "nope, don't think so".:wub: I had given up back then and decided not to pursue surgery and was going to do it all myself. Well, that didn't work out so I decided again to pursue surgery (this time with the band) and after a couple of delays, I can finally say that I am approved.

I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone and I really enjoyed reading all of the posts from some locals.:girl_hug:

Hi Ebonie! Are you doing the pre-op class on the 14th? That's when I'm doing mine. I'm getting banded just 2 days after you and I'm thrilled. Glad you found us on here! There are some wonderful folks on here!

Hi Bridgette-

I haven't received my packet with all my dates yet. Cat said I should be getting it probably in the next week or so. How long was it before you received your pre-op package?

I am SO excited about this. If your surgery date is a couple of days after mine, I will probably be in the same class with you. It will be here before you know it!

I just love this website and all of the informative posts. Everyone seems so friendly and easy to talk to. :girl_hug:

I got my packet from Cat yesterday and my surgery was scheduled just a week ago, so you'll get it next week, I'm sure!

I went last Friday and paid my program fee so I could get the handbook and read it before class. I've read it twice! Now I just need to remember to jot down my questions so I can ask Dr. Clark when I see him.

You're right, this is a great site with wonderful folks! Welcome aboard =)

Welcome Ebonie:girl_hug:

Bridgette and Ebonie -- don't forget to take some before photo's!!!!!!

If you are like me -- you avoid the camera at all cost -- and I found that I had to ask others if they had taken any pictures to find my before pictures.

I wish I would have thought about it at the time of surgery!

Wishing you both well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Thanks Bridgette for the info. I am keeping my eyes peeled for that packet:blink:

Do they not give you the handbook until you pay the program fee? Cat told me that I didn't have to have the first half of the fee until 10.14 but if that holds up receiving additional info, I may go ahead and pay it now.

You had me laughing at that question part and Dr. Clark. When I went in for the first consult with him, I had a spiral notebook with a whole page full of questions. He was so nice. I work for the Anesthesia group at the hospital so I see him all the time. I sometimes want to stop and ask him questions when I see him but try not to since he is usually dictating or something. :girl_hug:

Thanks Gina.

I will have to remember to take those photos. I hate taking pictures but this will be worth it. The last time I went on a big diet, my DH took a video of my before and did some music like on Celebrity Fit Club. It was hilarious and frightening all at the same time.:girl_hug: