Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hampton Roads/Peninsula thread

Hi Faith, I'm still here. :-) Not many stay wit the board. I was banded by Dr. T almost 2 years ago, and doing great. PM me any time. Also, I'll send you my e-mail address through PM. Talk soon. :-)

Hi Faith. I had my band done by Dr. Clark (Dr. T's partner) on 5/12. I'd be happy to meet!! I've been looking for some sort of support group. I went to the nutrition class last night at the Careplex but it was just a quick here's what you should be eating and the support group didn't meet. Another lady there mentioned she felt like she was on her own too. I'd love more support groups!:thumbup:

Hey was wondering if anyone from the Hampton Roads area is still around here on the board? I was just banded back in April by Dr. T. Looking for some friends in the area to meet up with, and also any additional support groups around here besides the monthly one through the clinic.
If you find any other support groups PLEASE let me know. I have been looking for almost 2 years. I was banded in Mexico so no one will except me in the support groups around here. I've found you can't even pay them to let you in.

Could we start one ourselves? I'd be happy to do any organizing necessary. I think it really important to have local support. How about it anyone interested?

I'm interested!! I think it's a great idea. Anyone else?

Wondering if anyone is still out there? I would love to meet up at Starbucks with some locals.

I'm so glad people have responded to this idea. What is close? How about Newport News? I'm in Williamsburg but willing to drive a bit if necessary.

I'm in Yorktown, I know of another person in the Burg and two others in Yorktown.

Almost any time is good with me if I'm in town, so are any others interested?

Maybe a restaurant, like County Grill or TGIF, I'm flexible :)

We could do a restaurant if everyone that wants to meet can eat :). If there is some one that needs to do lighter food is there a Panera or Starbucks in that area?

There is a Panera off of coliseum and Starbucks is everywhere. I would prefer Starbucks myself :)

Starbucks sounds good to me. Any special time? How many are interested?