Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Facebook

*susan*

I do have a Facebook account that I use for networking. Lots of musicians use it. Honestly, I mostly advertise my website, but for actual contact, facebook works well.

Just to be on the safe side, I never bring up any surgery-related tidbits when on somebody's page, although my own life is pretty much an open book.

I kinda do the same plain. I am very open about mine.. I just don't announce other peoples surgeries.

But, if I facebooked, you would know who I am etc....and then the mystery of my identity would be revealed!

Actually, it just seems to me it would become another addiction (ala LBT), and I don't have enough time as it is!

But, if I facebooked, you would know who I am etc....and then the mystery of my identity would be revealed!

Actually, it just seems to me it would become another addiction (ala LBT), and I don't have enough time as it is!

That was the master plan....

Expose Tap!

I had a 'situation' on Facebook today, after talking to co-workers I think I'm just going to delete him lol.

I had a customer find me on facebook and befriend me. I use LinkedIn & Plaxo for business 'social networking', but facebook is my personal one..

I had a customer befriend me, and he's a customer that is older and is no-nonsense, I don't ever just shoot the crap with him..so it's kind of akward for him to be on there.

That's what makes FB a little tricky. I'm usually the first one to mix and mingle my different friend types, but it's touchy to have people from work there. Not because I feel weird, but because in reality it may harm me later.

I have been burned by being too open with the wrong people in my life, but I'm insane enough that I never learn any lessons from it. :biggrin:

One part of me thinks, "Eh, F'em if they can't take it...they don't have to read it."

and the other part of me says, "Ooooh...that's not good - don't say that! Ohh..no, she said that. Hit DELETE! HIT DELETE NOW!"

(Sometimes evil side wins, sometimes the good side gets to edit me.)

But, I think I may stay away from adding too many work people. They're not friends anyway, so that makes it an easy decision.

I posted a while back about my coworker out having her baby and another coworker read it and called the mother-to-be about it. (Okay, so she was 9 months preggie, it's not like it was a secret - BUT she was annoyed that I posted about it.) In my world, it effected me since I do her job when she's out. In her world, she didn't want anyone to notice her absence (for six weeks?).

Anyway...I'd rather just keep it friends only for that reason. I DO enjoy bitching about work, so having work folks on there kinda makes that hard. (At least without stepping on toes, which in this economy - not something that above mentioned editor side of me wants to be doing!)

I have people from work on my facebook; but they are also my friends.

Customers are a whole other thing for me, I haven't met a lot of them and I don't need what they figure out about me to be what I piddle around on Facebook with. I definitely don't want to have to think, "Should I post this when a customer is reading?" everytime I do something.

I deleted him.. if he brings it up, I'll send him to Plaxo..

We just wont tell Plain.

Too late!

Brandy - we are under the cone of silence; he can't hear us.

Could you repeat that?

I had a 'situation' on Facebook today, after talking to co-workers I think I'm just going to delete him lol.

I had a customer find me on facebook and befriend me. I use LinkedIn & Plaxo for business 'social networking', but facebook is my personal one..

I had a customer befriend me, and he's a customer that is older and is no-nonsense, I don't ever just shoot the crap with him..so it's kind of akward for him to be on there.

Sorry. What if I agree to buy another 50 widgets?