Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Dr. in Little Rock area?

I had one fill in April 2 cc, one fill in May 1 cc added and my next appt is June 3. I could tell but a little bit of a difference after the 2nd fill. I have only lost 26 lbs. I have stayed the same for 2 weeks now. It is aggravating. I walk everyday and I am trying to do more at night. I have problems with bread, but that is it. I have a bad problem with munchies at night.

I live right outside of Cabot, but my family is from Des Arc.

Giggleleadp,-- hey, I grew up in Des Arc, my family moved when I was about 13 or 14. I just moved from Cabot to Beebe about a year and a half ago.

Can someone give me the number to Dr. Luttrell. I cant seem to find it.

Also does anyone know a doc in Ft. Smith that will take Mexico pats?

Husband has srg. on september 12th in mexico and we found a doc in arlington texas(we live in southeast oklahoma)that will take over care but we travel to arkansas alot and thought it might be more convienaint to have one around Ft. Smith area.

Dr Luttrell's number is 501-978-4343. There is no doctors in fort Smith the closest one is Springdale or Little Rock. I went to Dr. Luttrell and he is awesome!! Good Luck!

Hi ladies, I'm jumping in...I hope you don't mind.

GIGGLE, I also had my surgery done on 3/5/08! WOW! And I live in Cabot.

I had Dr. Baker & love him.

I was saying on another thread that I only attened one support group meeting (the required one) and have not been back. There were too many people there--well over 100 & I did not feel like I could support or be supported in a crowd of people. I mainly use on-line forums for support.

Ok, stepping back out to lurkdom.

hey there sis how is the weightloss coming??????

Mary, what program did you say you where going thru to help pay for your sgy? My sister had Aetna and they will not approve the sgy. I am trying to find any type of help for her I can.

howdy, did i ever answer your question about who i was tring to get help from?

It is the Lonoke Co. Rehabilitation Services.....BMI has to 55 and above.....i missed that one by many many points

I had mine done by Dr Lutrell in March and I have lost 78 pounds already. You can read on my blog about the excitement i just went through with a kinked tube!

I had mine done by Dr Lutrell in March and I have lost 78 pounds already. You can read on my blog about the excitement i just went through with a kinked tube!

Sisterrrrrrrr Girl. Now just what if you had decided to go to the Hospital? Would Your Doc. been able to assist you there?

That was the first question I asked and they said no I would have to deal with whoever was in the emergency room. It was absolutely the scariest thing I have ever done. I trust my doctor completely and thats the only reason I did it. Otherwise I would have went to the hospital and let them put me under!

Hey I just wanted jump in here and say that I had my surgery done by Dr. Lutrell and so did my aunt. We both really like him, he is great and really good on the fills. I have not had to have another in nearly 4 months.

Lucy

Dr. Wellborn's staff is great to you IF he did your surgery, but if you had your surgery somewhere else, they will treat you like dirt!!! His WIFE runs the office, and she is very hateful to people who had their surgery done elsewhere, regardless of the reason! They also charge you DOUBLE for your fills if he did not do your surgery. A fill is $200. if he did not do your band, but only $100 for HIS patients. Also, they refuse to file insurance even if you are having a problem, and just need an office visit! They will charge you for a FILL, even if you are NOT getting a fill, but just seeing the doctor for lab results!!!! If you had your surgery done somewhere else, and then moved to LR, find someone else besides Dr. Wellborn! I will NEVER go to that office again!

This is in response to the message about the Wellborn Clinic,.. I dont know where you got your information about that clinic but it is absolutely wrong, before you say anything bad about Dr Wellborn or Suzan you need to have your facts straight. you will not find a clinic that goes out of their way to take care of their patients, whether you are a pt that he did surgery on or one that came in from another dr, i should know i was one of those. Dr Wellborn and his wife have done unfills in the middle of their vacations or at their lake house in emergency situations because they are that way, does that sound like someone or do you hear of any other physician that will do that when they are not in clinic or out on days off?? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! so you didnt like the prices that you were told about or that you had to pay, well let me tell you ...did you think you would get it for free?? do you get anything for free, how do you think they pay their bills or their staff,.. they dont work for free, if you dont like the results when you go into a clinic then just leave, or do your homework and find out before hand instead of showing yourself out. Any clinic is going to charge you a OV for seeing the dr, you are taking HIS time to look at you or any xrays you have or whatever the problem is that you are having and you dont think you should get billed for that,.... then your not very smart at all,.. as far as suzan treating you like dirt or the staff treating you like that i can honestly say YOUR WRONG in that aspect all together,.. its a shame you have to go on here and bash such a good clinic and the staff because you didnt like what you heard,.. well get over it and move on,.. but dont talk that talk if you have nothing to back it up. all these drs and staffs work hard and have to put up with people like you doesnt make it easy,.. you need to just move on and let it go,........ you have already shown what your made of,..... but dont talk about the wellborn clinic when he has saved so many lives and to have people like you down him or his wife and staff, i thought i would stick up for that clinic and let someone else that is reading this know YOUR WRONG ON EVERY LEVEL ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE SAID!!!!! and i am sorry there are people out there like you that can go on and say what they want and not be true..... good thing you wont be back there i wouldnt want to see someone like you in the waiting room.........p.s .. probably voted for obama who thinks everyone should get something for free!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to respond for The Wellborn Clinic. Our policy is at our office regarding seeing other Lapband Patients is they must attend one of our seminars (free of charge) and attend one of our support groups (also free of charge) and pay 275.00 for the initial visit and then 200.00 for each visit after that. We work hard at our office and try to take good care of ALL of our patients. We have done over 1400 Lapband procedures and try our very best to take care of each and everyone of them. We do expect to get paid for our services. The doctor is always the last one that gets paid. I know, because I do the billing. It is hard to have to tell someone that they do have to pay, but when you go in the grocery store and get groceries you have to pay. So why would you go to a doctors office and not expect to do the same thing. The reason we do not file insurance for other patients is we usually don't get paid!! So, we set up a policy in the beginning that stated we would not file your insurance for you. We tell everyone this on the FRONT end. When Doctor Wellborn sees a patient, he doesn't just spend 5 minutes with them. You can usually bet on at least a 30 minute visit with him. He spends alot of time going over x-rays and trying to explain to his patients exactly what is going on. Yes, I am a little prejudice because I have been married to him for 25 years and he works hard and deserves to get a paycheck like everyone else in America when they do a job. So yes when you come to our office we do expect you to pay. Just like when you go to work you expect a paycheck. I'm sure everyone that has been a patient here in our office will vouch that we go over and beyond to take care of you.

Sincerely

Suzan

The Wellborn Clinic

Edited by shw

I am going to respond to this just ONCE, and then I will channel my energies elsewhere, such as taking care of my mom and brother who are fighting cancer, and my own new health problems that have arisen from my lap band. I mention this just to say, I have BIGGER issues in my life, and I don't normally get upset over the little stuff, but I got VERY upset about the way I was treated at the Wellborn clinic. As for YOU, tmb, don't tell ME to get my facts straight. My facts are VERY straight! I know exactly what happened to me, and I have a receipt to prove it! I saw Dr. Wellborn a month ago about a problem I was having. He instructed me to schedule an upper G.I. at the hospital and an appointment with him for the same day so that he could look at the results. He said he wanted to look at my results, and then he would decide if I could have a fill that day, or if I would need to wait a few more weeks, and let the problem heal. (I won't even go into the fact that it took three phone messages, and four e-mails to the office to get someone to call me back to schedule the appt for the upper G.I.) I went for my upper G.I., and then took my results to Dr. Wellborn's office for my appointment. When I checked in, the girl at the front desk said, "Excuse me, I need to ask my BOSS a question." She came back and told me that her BOSS said that I have to pay $200 for MY fills. I said that was fine, I was aware of that, but I didn't think I would be getting a fill that day, because I was still having problems. I explained that I was just there for Dr. W to look at my test results, and let me know when I could come back for a fill. I explained that it would probably just be an office visit, not a FILL. She again excused herself, saying that she had to ask her "BOSS". I saw her talking to Suzan Wellborn, and then she came back and told me that I STILL had to pay for a FILL, even if I didn't GET a fill that day!!!! I told her that did not make sense, and that there must be a mistake. She kept apoplogizing, saying, "I'm sorry. I just do what my "BOSS" says. She informed me that I ALSO had to pay the $200 BEFORE I saw Dr. Wellborn. I thought that was very strange, but I wrote out a check for the $200., and she wrote me a receipt which clearly says for a "FILL"!!!!! I sat down, and was upset, because I couldn't understand why Suzan Wellborn was treating me this way. My husband asked to speak to Suzan Wellborn, and she came in the waiting room, and started the conversation off by shouting "First of all, I don't even know who you people ARE!!! (We've met her no less than 10 times in the last two years that I have been a patient) Then she starting ranting about her pathetic grocery store analogy. I tried to explain that I was NOT getting a fill, but I was charged specifically for a FILL, but she just kept ranting and raving about us not wanting to pay. She kept wanting to ARGUE, and finally I went to the front desk and got my check and my x-rays and left. I went back a week later to pick up my records, and I was charged $25. for three pages of Dr. Wellborn's records, and they refused to give me all my original surgery records. Are those facts straight enought for you, TMB? That is EXACTLY what happened. You obviously are not a patient, anyway, but an employee, who did what she was told by the "BOSS"

Let me say that I think Dr. Wellborn is a very sweet man, and a good doctor. My beef is not with him, but with his wife, who is hateful, and rude, and runs the office like a drill sargeant, as obvious by the fear in the faces of her employees. NONE of them smile. (They all call her "MY BOSS") She obviously has a power problem. I was in the business world for over thirty years, I had lots of supervisors, and I have been the supervisor over many employees in the financial industry. I never referred to anyone as my "BOSS", and would have never let one of my assistants refer to ME as the "BOSS". There is something wrong with someone who insists on being called the "BOSS" in this day and time. I was so stunned by Suzan Wellborn's behavior, that I have related my experience to several old friends and old clients in the medical community around Arkansas. It seems that MRS. Wellborn's reputation is well known. They all said the same thing. "I'm not surprised. I've heard this a hundred times before." What a shame that she is causing her husband to lose so many patients.

As for the grocery store analogy, I have to say this. When was the last time you walked into Kroger, Suzan Wellborn, and had someone blocking the door, telling you that you must write out a check BEFORE you put any groceries in your buggy, and oh, by the way, the charge will be $200. for BEEF, regardless of what you plan to buy! If Kroger treated their customers that way, they would be out of business very quickly. I hope you can understand THAT analogy!