Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Check out my hole

and the kink. The picture says it.

I want to express my greatest appreciation to Dr Suesana and Dr. Sanchez.

Dr. Suesana is an Excellent radiologist and surgeon.

When I arrived in Monterrey Mx, I was sent directly to her for a full check under flouro. She had me sideways, both sides close-ups bending different ways at the same time using contrast and taking pics of the X-rays about 10 of them. She was concerned that the contrast wouldn’t flow in and out of my port freely.

That evening while at the guesthouse, Dr. Suesana, Dr. Sanchez and some of his staff came to discuss their findings. This was quite impressive. All the doctors viewing my X-ray films. We all saw the kink.

The next morning, in surgery I was greeted by all of the same people I saw the night before.

Dr. Suesana preformed the majority of the procedure with Dr. Sanchez in tow. I was awake for the whole thing and felt every tug and pull as my port area was opened up and the exploration reveled this kink with a hole. The repair was conducted and port was accessed to insure easy flow and no other leaks. They were able to pull out 4cc’s and installed 7.5cc’s. Within 40 minutes I was sewn up with about and inch and half incision.

I will write more, as I just got back home. I just love this great team Dr. Sanchez has. Wish he lived closer.

post-203783-13813131680835_thumb.jpg

No Yvonne

Long story...Port looks great, band looks great. I had a kink in the tubbing, at the fold a hole formed. I knew I had a slow leak, and I/we found it.

Wow, Vera, you're one tough little gal! So glad that is behind you. Please take care of yourself and heal now. Hopefully you won't be needing him anytime soon so it won't matter that he's not close by. (((Hugs)))

OK Vera I am tired and it is late. I read your title to the post and immediately LULU came out of me. I am so glad that you were able to get your tubing repaired and maintain your band.

Happy you are home.

Vera,

I'm so happy that everything is ok now! Wow! Sounds like you have a terrific medical staff in Monterrey. How in the world they can see something so small on an xray and then go in and repair it is amazing!

Glad you're home safe and sound.

Tricia

Well... I guess the Little Dutch Boy would have been at a loss for plugging that leak! :cool: Glad you are back minus the kinks and leaks. :D

Thank goodness everything was able to be repaired, and so easily! Glad you're back and hope everything will be at 100% very shortly. :cool:

Wow, that is neat being able to see that hole and all! I'm glad things went well for you and you are safely back home. It sounds like you had great doctors working for you!

Welcome back Vera

Glad that it was only a hole in your tube and nothing more extreme. You are such a trooper to be awake for the whole thing.

really need to do spell check b4 I post anything. Edited

GeezWizz - what a story & an amazing photo- Thanks for sharing - I am going to bring this concern to my Doc when I see him next. Glad your doing better.

I'm so glad I had this fixed, I had been in denial that something was wrong.

I want to give a special thanks to Lisa! She opened my eyes even with everything she's going through.

Thanks Lisa.

Becky, I asked for the tubing, before giving it up they took alot of pics of it.

Tricia they didn't see the hole in the x-rays, only the kink. In the pic above the kink has straiten out all you can see is a slight bend. The hole was in the fold of the kink.

hey vera!!!! wow i am so glad you are fixed up and ready to lose again! you have been so successful even with all the struggles along the way!

michelle