Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy weight fluctuations!

It's Fluid. Excluding any extreme medical conditions, if you gain weight in a very quick period, your diet has not changed significantly, and you were not previously gaining weight, it's fluid. Lots of things cause fluid retention. Medications, salt, barometric changes, temperature, and lots of body processes - just to name a few. Before my period, I will gain between 8 & 15 lbs of fluid. Ketosis is another one that can cause huge weght changes overnight. If you're in ketosis, and you break it, you can easily see a change in the area of 10 lbs +.

I was all set to post a similar message this morning. On Monday, I was 4 lbs higher than I was the day before. I decided to not stress it figuring it was Water os something and then today, I am another lb more!:confused: What am I doing wrong! I have been working out daily. I have good restriction, I can eat about a cup of food at a time. I am averaging about 1200 calories a day and I am drinking water. This is very frustrating!:tt1: Any suggestions?

WTF?? :biggrin:

This is my world! Do you have any idea how many scales I have tossed in the garbage after pushing myself to the edge and gaining?! The only sanity I have found in dealing with this is to not weigh daily. Easier said than done, I know.

I'm on the preop diet, so I'm pretty much killing myself. Eating between 600-700 calories a day. I know my weight fluctuates from day to day, so I didn't immediately run to Krispy Kreme or anything.

I just didn't even know it was POSSIBLE to gain/retain 7lbs in ONE DAY! lol

I'm still only down 2 of those 7 but I think I know what happened. I started a diuretic for my bp the same day as the diet. I probably peed out the first few pounds, and then reabsorbed them or something.

Grr.

That happens to me all the time. I'm like Wheetsin and can easily have an 8 to 15 pound fluctuation on any given day. I'm glad you're back on the downswing for your sanity's sake!