Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 1/30/08

I was banded on 1/30/08, around 3pm. I did so well that I talked them into letting me go that evening. I am having a bit of pain, like I did too many sit-ups (do I really know what that feels like?) - but other than that, am doing pretty well. I had read about the gas pains, and now understand it. I guess, for laproscopic surgeries, they pump CO2 into your body to inflate you... to get around the organs easier. sleeping also sucks a bit, as I don't like sleeping on my back. As soon as I move to the couch, and am able to lay against the back of the couch, sleeping is awesome. I go back to work on Monday.

My biggest fear was that I was going to wake-up from the surgery hungry - not so much. My new fear is that I am not going to consume enough. What a good fear.

Hi Yikes

I too was worried that I would wake up hungry and luckily I didn't.

I am hungry now all the time. Perhaps its a psych thing, however I'm trying to drink lots of Water to fill me up. Just started the mushy food period. So glad to eat proper food instead of Soup and thin yoghurts.

Still a little sore but I think of the pain as a reminder of why I had the surgery in the first place.

Good luck with the weight loss!

J9:rolleyes2:

Hello Yikes & J9, Congrats on your bandings sounds like you both are doing fabulous! My paperwork was submitted this past Tuesday so I now have a waiting period of up to 6 weeks. I hope to join the ranks soon tho.. Good luck with your weight loss.

Cathy

Hey All, I was banded on the 30th also and I'm feeling fine had that feeling of plurasy bad in my left side and shoulder area it's starting to ease up a lot now and I'm felling better, think that hurt more than the stitches. It's suppose to disapate with movement. Ive been one liquids for 2 weeks and have already lost 12 1/2 pounds. I don't know where, but that's what the scales say.:wink2: Sounds like alot of you are have luck too. keep going it's only going to get better from here.

:) Peg

I was also banded on the 30th and I've lost 10.5 pounds. I'm feeling good and hope the weight loss continues. Looking forward to soft food. Good luck to everyone.

Hello, all! I am scheduled for banding on 2/18....getting nervous....anxious.....excited.....nervous!!! LOL I am not really nervous about the surgery itself...just nervous that I can adjust to the new lifestyle upon which I am about to embark. I'll be checking back for new posts from you all, since I won't be far behind! Wishing you all the best success!!!

Ginasue67, We are all in this together,Please don't feel alone..we all express ourselves differently,and we all have the same fears....But together we can do anything, maybe not perfectly but together. Hang in there and you will be fine! Peg.

I was banded on 1/30. Went to the doctor Tues 2/12 and was 16 lbs down. Great.... but I'm miserable. I'm very hungry.

I had a little over a cup of mashed potatoes (plain - just Mrs. Dash added) and for dinner I had a cup and a half of lasagna (yum)

The food was awesome but I can't help but to feel guilty. I'm having similiar feelings of when I use to binge and then diet.

When I did my crash diets I'd get sooo into it. I'd eat carrotts and Water... and then all of a sudden I'd crash and eat two big mac meals at MCDonalds. I don't want to, mentally, feel that way.... :thumbup:

My first fill is on 2/21....

What are you guys doing (those that do not feel any restriction) to mentally stop eating over a cup of food?

Anyway - To end this positively..... The sixteen pounds feel good though.. .I can see it in my face.. and my shoes aren't as tight. (I'm use to seeing my fat feet puff out of the front of my shoe.... That part is gone!) .. So if today I did bad... I MUST be better from now on.... I'll just blame it on Valentine's Day :smile: :crying:

:tt1:I thankfully have not had actualy hunger just mental hunger or brain hunger when I am bored. I am now eating just fine still going for 60 grams of Protein per day and eat cottage cheese, low fat cheese, vegetables cooked chew like crazy! yoplait light yogurt, scrambled eggs with some ketchup, once in a while Protein Drink (27 g) with a 1/2 banana blended in to make like a milk shake. Seems high protein food agrees with me so I mentally feel good. Still do not have my walking up where it shoud be, that is my next goal. My sugar and BP are stable and coming down. What ever I eat I chew really good and do not eat more then 20 minutes per meal and no fluids with meals!

Hang in in there all of you and keep us all updated.

GraceofGod, Hey Don't beat Yourself up about it, your doing good, I also have lost 16 pounds...I was feeling bad about that until someone pointed out that that's a pound a day. For not exercising more than one trip to the mall and 2 trips to Wal-mart. I too am wondering about how I will handle the 1/4-1/2 cup size. I am now consuming about 1 cup broth and other things to get my pro. in my Dr. says NO meat till week5-6 that's hard too.I am not suppose to have bread....at the mall yesterday had a pretzel, starting woofing it down 3 bites in, it got stuck,and started turning red and scared my daughter half to death.After I got something to drink it went down painfully and I stayed red eyed for a while unsure if I would barf or not, finally ! a burp. That was a wake up call i haven't ever done that! I hope to not do it again!

I know now to never be without a pro. bar or something,I had just gone too long without any Pro. and made a really bad choice, old habits sneak up when you let your guard down!!!! Hang in there sounds like if you can tell where you went off track you can start again and get right back on. No one can do it for us (wish they could) So we have to "police" ourselves, but we can do it. Besides if you can fell it in your clothes and shoes who cares what that old scale says???? Good luck , Peg