Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, but it is disgusting plain...doctor up the meats with some seasoning! You know, garlic powder, onion powder, salt pepper, etc. it is too bland!

My friend says the same thing! It taste alot better with seasoning. I'm not sure I'm wiling to try it yet.

the fruits is probably the only thing I'll get!

I did try it and also found it disgusting. I totally understand why babies are always spitting that crap back out, and the slime factor is totally disgusting. I just chopped up regular people food in the blender really small and that worked fine and I got real food.

Give that a try. Leave the baby food to the babies, they have no choice. :biggrin:

Without the band mushies, I have always eaten banana baby food as a snack, it is YUMMY.

So for mushies, I got that.. and I also tried a few others..

Butternut squash was good with salt. Green Beans were good with salt.

Apple & Cinnamon was NOT good. Anything with meat was NOT good. Sweet potatoes were very good.

Young babies aren't spitting it out, they simply haven't learnt to control their tongues yet. The action of sucking is completely different to swallowing, especially for bottle-fed babies. They have to learn to put there tongue in a completely different place and make a different action with it. Not easy while trying to eat at the same time.

Actually, the baby food in Australia is quite tasty, but then I've never been a big salt fan. You need to remember baby food is made for babies. You have adult palates. They haven't had a chance to develop their tastes yet. And since baby food is made for their tastes and not adults, its not surprising you find it bland. Add a bit of spice like suggested and go for it. Otherwise, add a small amount of Protein powder to the fruits and custards and go with that instead.

Since I have a baby eating baby foods, I am constantly eating some of it. My baby is exploring self feeding and loves to feed me so I kinda have to eat it if you know what I mean. Plus in a pinch to clean it up when I don't have a cloth handy (why I don't is beyond me, I get in a rush and forget it) I will lick my fingers or whatever. It really is not that bad. My baby prefers strong tastes so I end up having to doctor it up anyway. I think it is beachnut that makes a chicken Soup (not chicken noodle) it is chicken soup with veggies in it. It is pretty good alone, but it is very hard to find. I have most success finding it at publix but not all the time. I am a big fan of the Zaterain's gumbo and rice mix, so is my baby. I will take a baby food meat (turkey or chicken) and baby food greenbeans and mix it up, and to add the flavor of gumbo that she loves I will spoon some of the gumbo liquid and rice into it an mix it up. It is actually really good, after you get past the consistancy. I am a total consistancy freak so if it doesn't feel right in my mouth, I tend to not like it, but this is pretty good. Plus, this way, I feed my Hubby with the Gumbo and I feed myself and my baby with my "baby version" gumbo.

I made my daughter's food when she was beginning to eat and because she started with "real" purees, she never would eat the jarred stuff. I would puree and freeze in ice cube trays then dump them into freezer bags. 20 secs in the microwave was all a cube needed. You may find them to be much tastier! Here is a link below that I used to learn.

MAKE HOMEMADE BABY food recipes, HOMEMADE BABY FOOD recipes, SOLID BABY FOOD TIPS, BABY NUTRITION and MORE

I agree, it is yucky. I think after feeding it to 4 kiddos it just grosses me out now. I couldn't even be brave and try it. Yuck!

Just curious,but why are you eating baby food? I had to do a whole month of soft Proteins and managed to stay pretty happy and never ate baby food. Just the thought of it makes me gag! I hate the smell of it (I remember from when my kids ate it) Can't you eat real food, just make sure it is soft?