Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the fark is UP with my hair??

I am getting enough protien, taking flax oil and Multi-Vitamin. I only rarely use a blow dryer and, usually, my Pureology conditioner is so intense that my hair is usually TOO healthy. Now, it is dry and breaking. It sticks up. WTH? Any ideas how long this lasts? :party:

Depends Gbug. hair problems like you describe are from one of 2 causes. Either the products you are using on it or the food you are eating. If the products you are using are causing the dry brittle problems, switch to something different for a week. If the problem continues, then it's likely that this is a nutritional issue. Nutritional/metabolic problems show up in the hair over an extended period of time due to the rate of your Hair growth. I'd reccomend taking a look back at your food logs. Are you shorting your Protein intake? Which Protein diet products are your using? You may be lacking in something there.

Good Luck

gk

Could be the anesthesia is working its way out of your system.. My hair was dry and dull up to about a week ago. I didn't change my shampoos either. I added spray on conditioner after conditioning it in the shower and let it air dry a little longer to avoid the breaks.

Its finally starting to get back to the old silky shiny kind of hair.< /p>

Could be the anesthesia is working its way out of your system.. My hair was dry and dull up to about a week ago. I didn't change my shampoos either. I added spray on conditioner after conditioning it in the shower and let it air dry a little longer to avoid the breaks.

Its finally starting to get back to the old silky shiny kind of hair.< /p>

I need to pick up some spray in conditioner. I track my Protein carefully and most of my Protein comes from actual food rather than supplements. I heard that just adding a small amount of avocados or nuts to your diet helps as well.

I always had crappy hair..................tried everything...........just coarse and curly..........lol..........Is everyone using a Protein supplement? With my diabetes, I still have food issues. So, I am always looking for new ideas that will work. Have a great day.

I love4 Pantene...it has helped my hair a lot. The intense repair that you leave in awhile then rinse out...........I leave it in and let my hair dry. If I sleep on it, in the morning it is really soft and smooth...but when the humidity hits even a good hair spray doesn't help....here in texas on the gulf coast it is always humid......hard to get outside and walk too. I wish I could exercise more. I have a tread mill but it sits there a lot of the time......Every morning I swear to use it more and by night time I still have not gotten on it.....;):eek:

I know what you are talking about! I live in League City outside Houston. Humidity is outrageous.

I love4 Pantene...it has helped my hair a lot. The intense repair that you leave in awhile then rinse out...........I leave it in and let my hair dry. If I sleep on it, in the morning it is really soft and smooth...but when the humidity hits even a good hair spray doesn't help....here in texas on the gulf coast it is always humid......hard to get outside and walk too. I wish I could exercise more. I have a tread mill but it sits there a lot of the time......Every morning I swear to use it more and by night time I still have not gotten on it.....;):eek:

I figure as long as I don't lose my hair, I can deal with a crummy texture. My hair is long, and was to the middle of my back, and I had it cut today, about 2 inches off, now it hits about an inch above my bra line. I think I will shorten it to shoulder length when I am down 45 pounds.

Hey all: Things are doing well for me. I am 8 days banded and feeling well. I see the Dr. post opt on Monday, I started on cottage cheese and eggbeaters, yogurt, but still keep up my Protein s hakes twice a day. All in all, I can't complain. My weight loss has been steady and I have felt pretty well. Still some pain at the port site, but otherwise healing quickly. I can tell that there is some restriction. Protein shakes go down fairly easily, but the eggbeaters and cottage cheese fill me up pretty quickly. Maybe get in 1/4 to 1/2 cup max. Taking another week off work to fully recuperate before I go back.

hair doing OK - knock on wood!! And I surely do know about H0uston humidity! We lived there for several years. Now we are in South Florida, which is actually less humid than Houston! We get seabreeze all the time.

Y'all take care now! Glad everyone is doing so well!

Seajules, Yes i am using a supplment,it's called Unjury I bought the unflavored and then the sample pkgs. of flavors. I use the unflavored in broths, Jello, juices,shakes, etc. And the flavored pkgs. taste great! the chicken Soup was wonderful the only thing better was the choc. shake, can't wait to taste the strawberry sorbet.I have not had a problem with my blood sugars since using this product.Since there is no sugar in them(unflovored) the flavors have 3g. so just watch for that I use SPELENDA to sweeten if needed.I think these really taste much better than the SLIMFAST and such, I did find BUTTER PECAN BOOST that is great as a treat and had 10g pro.Wallgreen's is about the only place i could find that. Anyway hope this will help you out. Good luck !

Peg

Thanks Peg, I have heard in the forum about the injury, but have never seen it sold anywhere. do you have to order it online? I have been using EAS whey Protein Shake mix....3g Protein and 23 grams protein.........chocolate is not bad and I mix it with Water instead of milk. I also read in the forum about flavor additives you can get from capellacoffee.com they have loads of different flavors....no sugar....check it out.....

Whilst I never had the actual hair loss, I had a period of time with my hair that I was in tears every day over it. It was simply awful, dry, horribly frizzy, breaking off and sticking up all over the place.

It passes! It lasted about six months for me. I spent fortunes on Protein treatments and moisturising treatments (a combination of Redken CAT every single bloody Shampoo, followed by intense conditioning treatment, you need the Protein in the CAT for strenght, then the moisturising for smoothness). I took myself off to a good hairdresser and had a good haircut, cut lots off it, went from below shoulders, to a funky inverted bob, but didnt stop using my blowdryer and straightener as my hair is really frizzy naturally.

Nowadays, my hair is really very healthy, and I can actually get away with letting it dry naturally, which is really something. I have a style that needs to be straightened but at least on the beach or on holidays I can take a break and dont look like I've stuck my finger in an electricity socket!

You'll get there. Grin and bear it, it will improve.