Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Christian De Bruyne

I too have just returned from Belgium (yesterday, in fact) ! I had my band fitted on Aug 6th by Dr De Bruyne and I have nothing but praise for Dr Chris,the other Drs who work with him, and the hospital staff! I was a little worried before going as I didnt know a great deal about him, and also the fact that it was another country, but if anyone asked me now, I would say "go for it", theres nothing to worry about! I'm still in my early days but I dont regret a thing. Kath.

Hi..anyone out there also having a band fitted in January 09 by Dr Chris?! Id love to hear from anyone who is about to be banded. Gillian

Hi everyone this is my 1st time, iv been reading up on chirs de bruyne as much as poss an read everyones msgs, all a big help. i'm looking at getting banded early jan,id go sooner but my partner cant get time off work and he wont let me go on my own,bless:wub: .i have 2 listen cos he is paying.

Hi everyone this is my 1st time, iv been reading up on chirs de bruyne as much as poss an read everyones msgs, all a big help. i'm looking at getting banded early jan,id go sooner but my partner cant get time off work and he wont let me go on my own,bless:wub: .i have 2 listen cos he is paying.

Hi wishfull,I have booked to be banded on the 9th jan..I wanted to get xmas out of the way first!..like you I have researched this for months,read up on everything to do with banding etc! still nervous though..my husband going with me..leaving my young kids behind though,and dont like doing that but its not a holiday suppose! at the bottom of this page it shows you the other threads...go on the "anyone know of christian de bruyne" thread..theres a lot more on that one...who are you booking it through? proffessional beauty or direct with doctors?..anyway, its nice to know that theres someone else going at the same-ish time! let me know what date you get in for..Gillian x

hi gillian, i had a price from tullie law but reading other msgs they say if you go direct through dr chris its cheaper so im going to check it out, im not nervous just excited.

hi gillian can i ask who have you booked your surgery through? iv just been on a web page which is saying the price is 3000 thousand (sterling) all in, or 2800just for the surgery and then i would have to sort my own transport,,hotel ect,both prices are better than what i was told.

hi gillian can i ask who have you booked your surgery through? iv just been on a web page which is saying the price is 3000 thousand (sterling) all in, or 2800just for the surgery and then i would have to sort my own transport,,hotel ect,both prices are better than what i was told.

Hi..I have booked through bridget at professional beauty..the price is 4000euros..which can be anywhere around £2800 to £3000 depending on the exchange rate,which is bad at the mo..she gets back to you immediatly and sorted the date and everything out within a day of contacting her by email. and you dont pay until you get there, you pay Dr Chris for the op..it includes everything to do with the op..but you have to arrange your own travel and accomodation..which I have found very cheap flights (£120 return for 2 people)and cheap good hotel£50per room per night..oh and yes, its near to airport so taxi to and from hosp are reasonable..Iwas told by someone whos been they are between 8 and 10 euros hosp to hotel. eurostar is good option too taking less than 2hrs london to brussels. good luck, let me know how you go on if you get in touch with her..someone on the "Anyone know of christian de bruyne" thread has booked today and got a date for the 16th december..im waiting till christmas is over first though with kids! I could have had it this tuesday as i booked about a month ago but have gone for jan 9th but Bridget said there was no problem with cancelling or changing date as long as it was done up to a week before surgery (can I ask you what Tullia was charging? she seemed a bit pushy I thought?) .Gillian x

hi, thanx for reply, i have spoken to bridget today, she was very nice and helpful not pushy at all, i have had so many phone calss from tullie telling me i must pay today or the price will go up, she is charging 3250 for the surgery, i have found cheap flights with ryan air going from manchesterapprox same price as you have got, where are you flying from?

hi, thanx for reply, i have spoken to bridget today, she was very nice and helpful not pushy at all, i have had so many phone calss from tullie telling me i must pay today or the price will go up, she is charging 3250 for the surgery, i have found cheap flights with ryan air going from manchesterapprox same price as you have got, where are you flying from?

Hi, yes the same ryan air from manchester. I have chose the 9th jan to have it done so my husband only has two days off work really . yes Tullia was phoning me up like mad all the time and leaving messages..thought she sounded like she was gonna give me detention or keep me in at playtime or something! was a bit scared of her! I would rather go with Bridget,she sounded more down to earth! x

hee hee your so right she was a bit scary although at 1st i didnt no if she was a man or woman!! where are you from if you dont mind me asking?

hee hee your so right she was a bit scary although at 1st i didnt no if she was a man or woman!! where are you from if you dont mind me asking?

Hi wishfull..ha, maybe shes a ladyboy?! lol! Im from Sheffield, where are you from?. just got another email from bridget confirming Dr Chris clinic address..im going to see him there the morning im having it done for consultation, then hes giving me lift to hosp! what a top Doc! bet hes got posh car too! Hes even on Facebook, have a look!not much on though..have you decided on a date yet? could you get in on 9th Jan? be nice if someone else was same as me esp if your going from manchester with your bloke. were going on thurs 8th and flying back on sunday 11th Jan. I have between 5 and 6 stone to lose, what about you? Gillian x

Hi gillian, i will ask my partner ltr if he can book them days off work, briget has offered the 6th, 7th or 9th, if poss i will go for the 9th, iv also got bwt 5 - 6 stone to lose, i live just outside chester. What hotel have you gone for?

hotel we are looking at is campanille bruxelles vilvorde, its cheap and not to far away from the hospital.

Yes I was looking at the same hotel as you as it seems to be the one most people on here have gone for..or the hotel at the airport looked good too.and even cheaper. forgot the name of it though, ill remember when i see..but not booked yet..not even booked flights either yet..hope can still get them!.Im going to see my GP on tuesday, bit scared but Im just going to tell her that I have thought it thro,researched it thoroughly and am going to have it done..Im just hoping that she will give me some aftercare such as dietician etc..she is very sympathetic to weight probs and has tried all the prescription weight loss drugs on me now..she has never offered me surgery and prbably wont still..but just on the off chace she may refer me Im not booking flights or hotels till she gives me a def no!..even then, i have geed myself up for Jan 9th now and dont wanna waste any more time! so will let you know tuesday what she says and will prob be booking them later that day.Gillian x

hotel we are looking at is campanille bruxelles vilvorde, its cheap and not to far away from the hospital.

Yes I was looking at the same hotel as you as it seems to be the one most people on here have gone for..or the hotel at the airport looked good too.and even cheaper. forgot the name of it though, ill remember when i see..but not booked yet..not even booked flights either yet..hope can still get them!.Im going to see my GP on tuesday, bit scared but Im just going to tell her that I have thought it thro,researched it thoroughly and am going to have it done..Im just hoping that she will give me some aftercare such as dietician etc..she is very sympathetic to weight probs and has tried all the prescription weight loss drugs on me now..she has never offered me surgery and prbably wont still..but just on the off chace she may refer me Im not booking flights or hotels till she gives me a def no!..even then, i have geed myself up for Jan 9th now and dont wanna waste any more time! so will let you know tuesday what she says and will prob be booking them later that day.Gillian x:wink_smile: