Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tonights Episode of Intervention

OMG, is anyone watching tonights Intervention about the meth addict? No wonder this girl is an addict, her family is a bunch of judgemental hypocrites!!

Was it the lady that had been an Olympic Athlete?? I caught part of it. Can you believe that her parents believed if she only came back to God, she wouldn't be a lesbian anymore. How sad. Can you tell me how it ended.

Yep, that's the one. I didn't want to give away too many spoilers since I was watching it while I was posting.

I couldn't believe her family's attitude about her being a lesbian!! They were just so horrendously judgemental and mean when they said things to her about it!

I also found it ironic that her dad had an affair, but apparently that is not a sin like being a lesbian is.

Like I said, with those family dynamics, no wonder the chick is an addict.

As for the ending, she went to rehab, started working out in the gym again, and said she was thinking about a comeback in sports. It said she had been sober since October 2007.

I hope she remains drug free. As a parent I think our job is to love and accept our children no matter what sexual orientation they chose. I have three children and I brought them into this world. I will always protect them and love them unconditionally. That being said all we can do is love them and raise them to do the proper things. Sometimes even the best of parents end up with kids that chose the wrong paths, but never no matter what path my children take will never stop loving them.

It ended with she's been clean since Oct 07, she's still a lesbian (imagine that!), and she's thinking about getting back into shot putting.

I thought it was sad, she asked her dad "If I got clean, but still was with Kelly, would I still be bad?" and he said "Yes" BAH!

GIMME A BREAK!

She just needs his approval, if he'd just suck it up and say yes, get clean, and I'll be proud. But noo. A lot of times, I can tell by the family dynamics why they are drug addicts :/

That is what I thought also. He sat and told his daughter that being gay is such a sin...blah, blah, blah. What about adultery? Apparently that doesn't cound in his book of sins.

Not only did he cheat, but continued to live with her unmarried, which is still adultery. I couldn't understand how he can be so judgmental of his daughter's sins while he's living against the very things he's preaching to her about. (There was a scene where he listed homosexuality and adultery in the same list.)

When they talked about discovering that she's a lesbian, I thought DUH! I could tell from the first glance that she probably leaned that way. I thought it was really sad and hope that that family can heal and pull together.

I loved how open she was to hearing the letters and the love expressed during the intervention. She was so willing to go and get help. Great episode. I'm always bummed when the postscript at the end of the show says they relapsed.

I know many people dislike Rosie O'Donnell (I like her, personally), but she posted a web message to Tressa on her website inviting her and 3 friends to come on her cruise (R family vacations). She was really touched by her story as well. Anyway, Tressa said yes =)

Aw how sweet, yay Tessa. I use to like Rosie back in the days of pre-gay (although my dislike for her now has nothing to do with the gayness). But then she turned crazy, and now I follow her because of the train-wreck factor. I watched that cruise documentary thing she had, and even read her book Celebrity Detox. It's really quite sad, and I feel bad for her. Especially after reading her book, she really has some issues.