Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight have you lost?????

Good morning all,

Your stories are SO inspiring! I'm just in the beginning stages of the process - my primary care doc has recommended me for the surgery, and I have my psych and nutritionist appointments in about 2 weeks. I'm hoping they will approve me and send me for the next stage. :lol:

I researched the gastric bypass, but this procedure seems much safer and easier to adjust to after doing my research. I also get keloids (raised, puffy scars, common to African-Americans) so extensive surgery definately ISN'T on my must-do list. :biggrin:

I think I've got a great chance of succeeding with the band - I'm already reasonably active (walk 3 - 5 days a week during lunch, 2 days in gym/week) and I know I could step that up a lot. I'm at 260 right now, my goal is 140. As a type 2 diabetic with a family history of high blood pressure and heart disease, I look at this surgery as a life-saver, and I'm ready to do it.

I'll be patient through the process and I'm so glad I found this site! You are all so inspirational - I look forward to posting my own success story here soon. :biggrin:

EbonyRose

:party: Today marks one week since my surgery on 8/21/08. I have lost 16 lbs. since surgery but have lost a total of 33 lbs. since 8/1/08.

Congratulations Kalogo! Keep up the good work and the good attitude! It is one year since my surgery and I am so glad I did it. I am not the fastest loser but I am still losing, I am down 3 sizes and I feel so much healthier and better!

Again, congrats!:thumbup::thumbup::sad:

Thank you.

Congratulations to you as well. You have done a great job!

I am really new to this websit and would like a cool weight tracker like the one you have. How do I add one to my site? I have seen all kinds of cute ones like yours.

Have a great evening!

K. :party:

I was banded on January 29th of this year. I have now lost about 60 pounds:thumbup: which is a miracle to me! I could have never done it without the band!!:rolleyes2:

Congratulations to everybody for their achievements, I was banded on June 27th of this year, I have already lost 39 pounds, I feel healthy, with willingness to move forward and achieve my goal, and read the achievements made by you, I am encouraged to go ahead . You are my motivation ....

This coming Wednesday will be my 6 month BANDaversary!!!! I have lost 90 pounds (30 before surgery).

I have lost rather quickly in the beginning, however, as of late it has been slow. That is okay with me, it is probably good for my body to slow down a little.

I have also had issues with losing my hair, but I can see regrowth. I would rather lose some hair than to weigh 90 pounds more again. I am hoping it will balance out soon.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU BANDSTERS!!!!

SugarBean - you have awesome results! I'm going to work to ensure I have the same kind of results when I'm banded!

Curves - fantastic - I'm hoping for similar results as well.

Ladies - you are inspiring!:rolleyes2:

EbonyRose - I am a rule follower. I really watch what I eat and I am pretty faithful to exercise.

If it is gonna be, it is up to me!

Since August 2nd I'm knocking at the 30lb mark in .8 lbs. Thank God for the brilliant mind that invented the lapband.

I was banded 7/22/08 and I'm down 49lbs and past the half way mark. But the closer i get the slower it seems to get, I guess that's to be expected. Congrats to all, It seems like we're all on the right path.

The day of surgery I was 191. I weighed in today at 187, and I was banded over FOUR MONTHS AGO! A pound a month?? Needless to say I am frustrated. I have had 7 fills/unfills and they have not found my sweet spot. This last time I just said make it tight! I am now too tight, but they want $250 for a slight unfill and I just don't feel I should have to pay for it - flouro or no flouro - when the right place has not been identified yet. So, I am sticking it out, tight, stuck, PBing and all. I am just sick of this poking and prodding...did I mention I am at a "learning" hospital too? Yep, well, I got the intern...sweet young man, but poked me 20 some odd times and made me bleed and cry (and I am one tough cookie) until the surgeon came in and got it on the first try.

I have a girlfriend who says that I am right at the phase when she started to really lose. I am not cheating, I am not over eating. PLEASE, someone tell me they went through this and that the weight will come off? I need some encouragement. :rolleyes2:

Thanks for listening to my whining!!

Kristin

Krissyjean - My SIL seems to be in the same boat that you are in. Losing very slowly. She just got a fill a week ago and seems to be doing better. She is not an exerciser.

Me on the other hand have done extremely well until the last month. I am stuck and at this point I can eat way more than I ever have since I have been banded. I have a fill on Friday. Boy, am I ready.

I was running & exercising this summer and have completely stopped. That could be a big reason why I am not losing.

I am glad that you have a good attitude, even though you are frustrated. Be patient, you will hit that sweet spot and the weight will come off. Exercise is a must.