Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to do with your old clothes?

So they said ok to do it until then ?

I think something like in the title

NEEDED: Size 14 Jeans XL tops .

Or

OFFER : Size XYZ then in the body you can describe what you have.

We do something similar to that in another group im on and then PM to get details . When its gone you update the post with Taken , Sort of similiar if anyone has ever done anything with Freecycle type forums .

???

Mindy

I had talked about this a few months ago on another thread - at that time, it was active on OH dot com, but I just went and looked, and I can no longer find the area for clothing exchange. I did find a lot of posts of people that are having clothing swaps? It sounds like at a Support Group, or just some local people, all meet up and bring their clothes that are too big. Sounds like fun, I can't wait to have clothes that are too big :-)

I am the person who requested it on the suggestions forum...I belong to a parenting forum and we do this with our children's clothing...BUT...we buy and sell...because...there are people out there who will take and take and then sell and sell on ebay etc... So, if you pay a little and make a little on your clothing it will all even out in the end.

I have some 22 and 20s I would like to eliminate from my closet....hmmmmmm....

Rain

I would LOVE to do this...what about shipping? Who would be responsible? I will keep checking this sounds like a teriffic idea!!!

Coltonwade,

No, I was not told to do it, i was just told it was brought up before and the mod. didnt know the status of how it was coming along.

I just dont want to toss good clothes or give it to goodwill and the folks who need it never see it.

Brandymom,

I think if we all ship USPS priority mail it shouldnt be to expensive.

Would everyone be willing to pay a little for the clothes? Each pair should be able to agree on the amount!??

Normally what we do on another board im on is just pay shipping for the clothes. If your going to charge then each person needs to set their own price i think . People might have some nicer things than others . So saying ok $1 for pants is too much of a blanket statement . In my opinion .

But I think for a true clothing swap paying shipping is the way to go

Mindy

I thought paying the shipping fees should be the only fees but that would something we would have to work as we go.

Colton, do you think you would like to help me get this/and keep it going?

I thought paying the shipping fees should be the only fees but that would something we would have to work as we go.

Colton, do you think you would like to help me get this/and keep it going?

I will if you can give me til next week . Im getting over pnemonia and my son is still sick with it .

I'll be happy to once im feeling 100% again .

Mindy

Flat rate boxes at the post office is about 9.60 and those boxes MIGHT hold about 1 sweater or 2 pairs of pants.

I am heading to 28's and have a ton in my closet. just not a lot of work clothes.

What a great idea..

This is what I need:

Respectfully requesting size 8 and 6, high end, name brand, stylish clothing. Please send all your Dolce & Gabbana, Armani, Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang, Ralph Lauren Blue Label straight to me.. I will pay for shipping.. You can also send size 7, Jimmy Choos and Manolo Blahnik's.

Thank you, so very much.

Wouldn't that be a dream come true. If only.

All Joking aside - - you all have a great idea. I was a size 14 when I started and luckily my sister and friend were able to use it all. Then the smaller sizes went to my mom and sister (who lost weight too).

I hate to have yard sales or donate my nice clothes when I know people that I know can benefit from them. And I tried having a yard sale once and people think $3 is too much to pay for a pair of $90 jeans with the tags on, WTF..darn lady offered me $1. Come on, get real. So I would much rather give them away to someone that could use them than sell them for nothing. Even do this with my kids clothes. My girl's have always had someone to hand down to, and this is how we do it. I hand it down to my friend's daughter, she in turn, gives me her little girl's clothing for my sister's baby, after she is done with the clothing I gave her, she also returns that, and it also goes on to my niece. And now my sister is saving it for my other SIL that is getting ready to have a baby girl. I mean we are getting our monies worth out of RL clothing (not cheap) but very Well made, classic clothing. Always in style. Now, my son, he hands down to one of my husband's employees and it gives me great pleasure to see the little boy all dressed up in my son's cute little clothes.

So don't forget send me all your Jimmy Choo's..I'm waiting by the mailbox.

LOL If my swollen feet ever fit into some jimmy choo's I would of never parted with them. heck I have payless shoes my feet are too swolen for but I am holding on to them for when I can fit into them again.

I love this idea. Rather than give them to an unknown, why not to someone here at lbt. I'm all for it. I don't think it should be tied down to money. I would give my clothes to anyone who could use them. I'm grateful that I wont need them again. Think about it. If you were told you could get to your goal weight but had to give your clothes to like-minded folk, you wouldn't hesitate.

Ya'll are cracking me up!

I was shopping with my skinny friends at the GAP and saw some jeans they were so cute and so cheap $19.99, so i bought them. I have never been able to wear them(its going on 2 yrs now) but I will never part with them, even when they are too big.