Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

I had hic-cups after eating to much just could tell that last bit was to much and I really regrete it. The dry heaves are when you had something that was to much to digest, Back up and go back to Soups and shakes and then work back up. Good luck

Hi Everyone. 3 1/2 years into having the band and lately havng some soreness around the sternum since I had a fill bringing me to 6.25 ccs. Usually occurs after eating or hiccup. Has anyone any suggestions, is this a normal occurance.

While I have never personally experienced this it sounds like you probably should give your surgeon's office a call and see what they have to say. Just let themknow what you have been experiencing and folow their lead.

Hello Everyone, Haven't been on in forever. Spent the summer in NJ and returned to Kansas in Sept. Had an un-fill of 2 cc when I came home as I had a problem with reflux & keeping stuff down. Much better now. I'm 1 lb from my goal, but I think I'm where I should be. As I've maintained this weight for a month.

Hello Everyone, Haven't been on in forever. Spent the summer in NJ and returned to Kansas in Sept. Had an un-fill of 2 cc when I came home as I had a problem with reflux & keeping stuff down. Much better now. I'm 1 lb from my goal, but I think I'm where I should be. As I've maintained this weight for a month.

Hurray, Jerseygirl. I, also, had to have a complete unfill in August. The surgeon refilled me on in Oct with 1 1/2 cc. I had no restriction, so, on Nov 10, he topped me off with 2.7cc, he said. Yesterday, I had to have some taken out as I was, again, too tight. The nurse found 4.2 cc instead of 3.7 cc. She removed .7cc. I am great, now. I find it hard to maintain my weight. I dropped 8 lbs in a week when I was too tight. I hope to settle down, now. Anyway, welcome back, and congrats on your victory of reaching goal! Karen(kll724).

Hi, All! Haven't been around in a while. I had a complete unfill back in the spring, also, for similar reasons. Now have a little less than I did at that time... but seem to be able to eat too much. Probably need another fill.Struggling to try to lose last 50 lb.

Hi, All! Haven't been around in a while. I had a complete unfill back in the spring, also, for similar reasons. Now have a little less than I did at that time... but seem to be able to eat too much. Probably need another fill.Struggling to try to lose last 50 lb.

Why did your doctor feel you had to have a defill? Did you feel the soreness all the time?

I was wondering if I am eating just too much or if I am too tight.

Sure would like to know how long you went before deciding on a defill?

Why did your doctor feel you had to have a defill? Did you feel the soreness all the time?

I was wondering if I am eating just too much or if I am too tight.

Sure would like to know how long you went before deciding on a defill?

Boy!! Site was down for a LONG time... and now not sure I like the new setup. Can't find my "subscribed threads", for one thing.

Didn't have any soreness. But couldn't eat any hard Protein without losing it. PBing, bad reflux at night, throwing up all the time for several days. After a couple of sleepless nights, I called and made an appt!

Turned out my esophagus was dilated. So they took everything out and let me "rest" for 30 days, then put 1/2 back in, then another 30 days and added a little more. So.. restriction is not back to what it was, but.. dealing with it. Haven't lost anything this past year but holding my own. Gained a little the past two weeks, but blaming that on some medication changes and hoping to get back on track now!

Boy!! Site was down for a LONG time... and now not sure I like the new setup. Can't find my "subscribed threads", for one thing.

Didn't have any soreness. But couldn't eat any hard Protein without losing it. PBing, bad reflux at night, throwing up all the time for several days. After a couple of sleepless nights, I called and made an appt!

Turned out my esophagus was dilated. So they took everything out and let me "rest" for 30 days, then put 1/2 back in, then another 30 days and added a little more. So.. restriction is not back to what it was, but.. dealing with it. Haven't lost anything this past year but holding my own. Gained a little the past two weeks, but blaming that on some medication changes and hoping to get back on track now!

Been there, done that. I am back to 3 1/2 cc now. I am good, but still can't eat certain veggies, like cabbage and brussell sprouts. We had brussell sprouts for dinner yesterday, not a good result!

I, too, am glad to see the forum back up. I need to talk to my friends. I had to re-bookmark the site, as the old book mark did not work, either. I did miss you folks. I hope that the others find us, again. Nice to see old friends after so long away. Hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving. I was thankful for our little group, too! Karen(kll724).

Been there, done that. I am back to 3 1/2 cc now. I am good, but still can't eat certain veggies, like cabbage and brussell sprouts. We had brussell sprouts for dinner yesterday, not a good result!

I, too, am glad to see the forum back up. I need to talk to my friends. I had to re-bookmark the site, as the old book mark did not work, either. I did miss you folks. I hope that the others find us, again. Nice to see old friends after so long away. Hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving. I was thankful for our little group, too! Karen(kll724).

We had a great Thanksgiving, and my birthday the same day. So good to be with old friends. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, too.

I DO NOT like this new format. I went to each of my subscribed threads, "unwatched" it, and then "rewatched" it and set preferences to get immediate notification every time someone posted. But I am getting NO EMAILS at all! So... good thing I have saved the last email from each thread I follow so I can click on the links to get to them. Then it no longer takes you to the last post you read like it used to. Now it takes you to the last post period. So you have to scroll back to read the ones you missed. It's quite frustrating! And if you click on a photo that someone posts to get a better look, after it shows the picture, it takes you completely away from the site. UGH!!

Anyway, came back from central CA with a sore throat and runny nose! Don't know who gifted me with it, but not nice! B)

HELLO!!!ANYONE HERE? i MISS OUR 60'S + GROUP. PLEASE COME BACK!!!

YES, I KNOW THAT I AM SHOUTING! Karen(kll724)

Hello Everyone,

I am out here just plugging along with slow weight loss but losing just the same. Went for a fill a couple of weeks ago and that is helping. I am at 7.5 cc's in the Realize Band. I am having to be very careful, mostly drinking shakes, milk, Water. I hope you are all enjoying your holidays. It is cold here in California! Go ahead and laugh but I am not used to it. I am wrapped in a blanket most of the day.

My best to all!

Hi Everyone

Haven't posted for a while because I did not get any emails. Now I see that the site was down for a while.

Phyl - Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a good day. I agree, I don't like the way things are working on the new site.

No big news to report. I am holding my own, and just trying to get though the holidays without a gain.

Karen in Indiana

I have been about 100 lbs. overweight for almost 20 years. Seems like when I quit smoking they just piled on and never left. I have three daughters, five grandkids and one great granddaughter. I have been married for 38 1/2 years and when my hubby retired from the military we settled in TN. Have lived all over the U.S. in my lifetime. As of this morning; I weigh on Saturday mornings; I'm 172 lbs. which makes my loss 46 lbs. My goal is 120 but will be happy as long as it's less than 150. I like to garden and work in the yard. I work 4 ten hour days a week and don't plan on retiring til I'm at least 65. Then I'd like to roam around the country seeing all the things I never got to when I was younger.

Didn't realize how long it had been since I'd been on this site. I'm now down to 151 but it's been two months since I lost any weight, that's why I got another fill last week. This time it seems to be making a difference; apparantly I eat faster than I thought cuz now it causes me gas and boy is that painful. It never did this before. I like me at this weight but the Doc still says 120. I've been thinking about 135. Guess I'll have to see what happens when I get there. Hope all had great holidays.

I'm finding it hard to eat in the mornings since this last fill. Is this normal? I've never experienced it before. I was told to drink something hot first thing in the morning and it should help this but it doesn't.

I see pictures and other things on peoples replys but how did they get there? My picture doesn't even show up? Is there somewhere I go to put them there? Thanks