Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Hello All! Well, tomorrow is THE day. I'm very nervous about now.:thumbup: I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 and I'm the first surgery at 7:30. We will have to leave home at about 4:00 in the morning. I decided I wanted to stay at home tonight and not spend the night there. Everyone please wish me luck and say a prayer for me (and the surgeon).

I will be back to let you know how it goes as soon as I can.:smile:

Blessings,

Pat

Hello All! Well, tomorrow is THE day. I'm very nervous about now.:thumbup: I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 and I'm the first surgery at 7:30. We will have to leave home at about 4:00 in the morning. I decided I wanted to stay at home tonight and not spend the night there. Everyone please wish me luck and say a prayer for me (and the surgeon).

I will be back to let you know how it goes as soon as I can.:smile:

Blessings,

Pat

God bless and let your surgeons hand be touched by Him. Good luck, Karen (kll724)

Pat - Sending my love to surround you as you enter this wonderful chapter in your life. A new beginning. Health and self confidence await you. Open your arms and embrace it.

Joyce

Praying for you as you embark on this wonderful journey!

hello everyone todays test went fine i took pictures at all the lab test, the blood gases was tough it TOOK three sticks to get a vein, but all test were good, we are staying at hotel for tomorrow is "the day" I go in at 7:30 am for surgery and can't wait, not nervious at all. Going to bed early tonight so I can be fresh in morning. I got some special soap to shower with on my stomach and area. And thats all. A breathing machine to use after surgery 10 times an hour. Nothing else just clear diet till 12midnight then nothing. I only take my blood pressure med in morning nothing else. All is good in my world. Tell you more tomorrow.

hello everyone todays test went fine i took pictures at all the lab test, the blood gases was tough it TOOK three sticks to get a vein, but all test were good, we are staying at hotel for tomorrow is "the day" I go in at 7:30 am for surgery and can't wait, not nervious at all. Going to bed early tonight so I can be fresh in morning. I got some special soap to shower with on my stomach and area. And thats all. A breathing machine to use after surgery 10 times an hour. Nothing else just clear diet till 12midnight then nothing. I only take my blood pressure med in morning nothing else. All is good in my world. Tell you more tomorrow.

Wow! you have a great attitude, best of luck to you. Here's hoping for a lot less f you in the future. Karen(kll724).

Cherie - you will be fine. We ALL experienced concerns the night before.

Thinking of you.

Joyce

Arkansas LapLand: The surgery on the 10/20/10 went great. Woke up without any pain and I was expecting the elephant on my chest, never saw her so she must of been off for the day. I got up that afternoon and walked around the hall circle of rooms 5 time and then 5 times a few hours later.

very important: get off all caffene 2 weeks prior to surgery or you will get a headache from hell. Wednesday night I stopped taking the morphin because I thought it was giving me rebound headache. Could not sleep all night head pounding, They could not give me tylenal I was getting a morphin drip and had a button I could push if I needed more, When I pushed button the head ache went away but it made me sleep too 4 hours then wake up headache back. So I just got up and walked the halls all night 17 laps, I took my art supplies and draw pictures, I listen to a hypnosis take and the head ache finally went away.

Second day doctor told me it was the caffen not the morphin head ache, they took me off morphin and on liquid tylnall every 4 hours.

6 small holes glued closed taped on stomach, not pain, touch tender only. 4 hour ride home seatbelts rubbed stomach made it tender and hard. I stopped to walk around every hour to stop bllod clots and stiffness. Came home sourted out my meds I could take again and took my first solid pills,. went fine. They gave me tiny medcine cup to take 3 full every hours of juice or Water that 's all. That took some getting use to I wanted to pick of a glass and drink the whole thing.

My heads still foggy but I wanted to give you all the most information so you would know what to expect. It was not painful like I expected. Even today the 3 day not bad, oh yea they told me in the hospital the 3 day is the worse then it goes up hill from there, If you are going to get gas the 3 day is the day. I have a little gass put I am taking gas x every 2 to 4 hours. I am resting and doing things I enjoy doing drawing watching movies.

Just be prepared to hurry up and wait that is how the hospitals run these days. Don't let it upset you all thing in there own time. Just relax and give the reins over to them.

Well it is 5 am and I am going back to bed for awhile,.I hope this helped someone.

I will pray for everyone, I did feel the prayers, thank you. cherie

ps. I will post some funny pictures I took at the hospital, later

Wow! Were you in the hospital for 3 days, Arkansas? Some folks stay for 4 hours, I stayed overnight. You must have traced a track into the floor. I walked every hour during the day, and part of the night. You sound like me. I am glad you brought your art supplies, there is just so much daytime TV most folks can stand. Haha! Glad you are back home,(or soon will be) and hope that you feel better. Karen(kll724)

Cherie - glad all went well. Hoping the gas will stay away. I was fortunate and didn't have any at all.

Cherie - glad all went well. Hoping the gas will stay away. I was fortunate and didn't have any at all.

Cherie Glad everything went so well. You are on your way now....

Karen (Indiana)

Cherie, I'm so happy everything went so well for you! You have a wonderful outlook on things. Keep us posted on your progress.

Blessings,

PitPat (Pat)

Well hello all. Just discovered this site today. I was banded 2 wks ago and had my staples removed yesterday:scared2:, (actually wasn't bad at all). Feeling much better now, however have also gained my appetite back. 4 wks until 1st fill, anyone else fighting the old "cravings". My Dr. says it's normal to not lose, and possibly even regain a few, pounds during this next stage but that would be so depressing. how's everyone else managing?

Well hello all. Just discovered this site today. I was banded 2 wks ago and had my staples removed yesterday:scared2:, (actually wasn't bad at all). Feeling much better now, however have also gained my appetite back. 4 wks until 1st fill, anyone else fighting the old "cravings". My Dr. says it's normal to not lose, and possibly even regain a few, pounds during this next stage but that would be so depressing. how's everyone else managing?

Welcome to our group, Grams. I know that you are in the "bandster hell" part of your trip. The 1st few weeks before your 1st fill are frustrating, I think I held steady or gained a lb. I did have some restriction tho'. I remember having a bad episode before my 1st fill. pizza was a bad experience, also, tried to eat a small beef on a bun. Both caused horrible problems. Let yourself heal properly.

Most roast is not my friend, even today after a year.

Welcome again. Karen(kll724)

Hi Everyone. 3 1/2 years into having the band and lately havng some soreness around the sternum since I had a fill bringing me to 6.25 ccs. Usually occurs after eating or hiccup. Has anyone any suggestions, is this a normal occurance.