Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Hi Ya'll,

Those are great pictures, and it is great that the 2 of you got to meet. Hey, I am here near Orlando, Fl, anyone coming down for the winter?

Well today, I am finally not in the overweight column anymore. I, also, hit the 100 lb loss mark.

But.....The bad news is, I had to have everything taken out of my band, as I have a possible slip.

I was unable to eat/drink or get anything to stay down. So, for a month, I am empty. The surgeon is hoping that I will have no further trbl, or he will have to do some more surgery.:)...So, I hit the mark on default. Now, have to keep weight loss. Hope you all have a good week. Hump day, and all. Karen (kll724).

Hi Ya'll,

Those are great pictures, and it is great that the 2 of you got to meet. Hey, I am here near Orlando, Fl, anyone coming down for the winter?

Well today, I am finally not in the overweight column anymore. I, also, hit the 100 lb loss mark.

But.....The bad news is, I had to have everything taken out of my band, as I have a possible slip.

I was unable to eat/drink or get anything to stay down. So, for a month, I am empty. The surgeon is hoping that I will have no further trbl, or he will have to do some more surgery.:)...So, I hit the mark on default. Now, have to keep weight loss. Hope you all have a good week. Hump day, and all. Karen (kll724).

So sorry to hear that your band may have slipped. I sure hope that you don't have to have surgery, again.

I wish I could take you up on a visit to Orlando; however, I don't have any plans to be in that area any time in the near future or near enough vacation time from work. Thanks for the invite.

Hang in there, and keep a good thought. Let us know how it goes.

Karen (Indiana)

Sorry:sad: to hear about your band slipping thats kinda scarry for me I just went to the seminar last Sat and I am planning on having my surgery in Nov and I am a self pay insurance has an exclusion for anything to do with weight loss. Also I am 61 years old thought this would be a good place smile.gif to start chatting

Sorry:sad: to hear about your band slipping thats kinda scarry for me I just went to the seminar last Sat and I am planning on having my surgery in Nov and I am a self pay insurance has an exclusion for anything to do with weight loss. Also I am 61 years old thought this would be a good place smile.gif to start chatting

christaO, don't let em scare you off. I am totally pleased with my weight loss. I am just not a chewer, I guess. So I did a lot of pb'ing, but didn't have a problem until July, after 9 months of weight loss.

Hi Ya'll, Those are great pictures, and it is great that the 2 of you got to meet. Hey, I am here near Orlando, Fl, anyone coming down for the winter?

christaO, don't let em scare you off. I am totally pleased with my weight loss. I am just not a chewer, I guess. So I did a lot of pb'ing, but didn't have a problem until July, after 9 months of weight loss.

Welcome, Christa! Band problems are fairly rare and most often easily resolved. I am 3 yrs out and had a problem in the spring... but it was probably my own fault... pushing the envelope, so to speak.. stretched my esophagus and started having problems w/pb-ing, night time reflux, and inability to eat hard protein.. like chicken, steak, etc. So they took all the Fluid out of my band for one month to allow my esophagus, etc., to rest. It was resolved by the time I went in a month later so they put back half the fluid I'd had and a month later a little more, but not fully back to what I had. I was probably too tight. My restriction now is what it should be and I have had no further problems.

It's important to follow all your doc's instructions.... small bites, eat slow, Portion Control, chew well, etc., and you should be fine!

kll724 - sorry about the slip of band. Will keep fingers crossed for you that resolution will go smoothly.

Welcome ChristaO - lots of success here and great information.

Good advice from Phyll. She brings lots of experience to support her words.

Welcome

We are very glad to have you join our group. Please, tell us a little bit about yourself when you have the chance.

Like the others said, don't be too concerned about the rare things that happen to the band. Follow the doctor's advise and you will be fine. And, chew, chew, and chew!!! It's a great idea to start developing that habit now. I am two years out from my surgery and never had a problem. Everyone is different.

Karen (Indiana)

Christa0 - Glad you found us.

kll724 - Sorry to hear about your possible slip. Hope all goes well.

phyl - I'm having your same problems. Reflux and not tolerating hard Protein. My hair is thinning, so I'm pushing shakes.< /p>

Hope everyone else is well

jerseygirl - sorry to hear about thinning hair. That was one of those things I worried about.

Will you increase Protein? What else can you do to prevent Hair loss?

Christa0 - Glad you found us.

kll724 - Sorry to hear about your possible slip. Hope all goes well.

phyl - I'm having your same problems. Reflux and not tolerating hard Protein. My hair is thinning, so I'm pushing shakes.< /p>

Hope everyone else is well

Please be sure to talk to your doctor about your problems. It does sound like you need more protein, but your doc is the very best resource for how to resolve your issues. It was good to hear from you, but sorry to hear that you are having problems. Congratulations of the weight loss!

jerseygirl - sorry to hear about thinning hair. That was one of those things I worried about.

Will you increase Protein? What else can you do to prevent Hair loss?

Luckily I have a great head of hair. It's happened once before and I got back on the protein wagon and it corrected itself.

Please be sure to talk to your doctor about your problems. It does sound like you need more protein, but your doc is the very best resource for how to resolve your issues. It was good to hear from you, but sorry to hear that you are having problems. Congratulations of the weight loss!

I've been away for the summer so I've not seen the dr since May. I go the end of Sept.

I am real excited. I ate dinner tonight, for the 1st time in awhile. We went to a diner for fish. I, unfortunately, had no restriction. But, kept myself to a light meal. It was wonderful!!

I had catfish, some cole slaw,a few fries and 1 hush puppy. I am totally satisfied. I think, that I will eat one real meal a day. I will have a shake for Breakfast, with fruit added, and a boost for lunch. That should keep me below/near calories and also provide my Protein.< /p>

My new life as a bander at goal will not be as easy as I would like, but I am looking forward to it. Here's to the rest of my life!!!!I hope to be able to maintain for several years, like others on the forum, with your'll help, I think I am in good shape. Love all of you for your support. Karen(kll724).:biggrin:

Edited by kll724

Hi, Everyone. Our busy visit w/family in NY state is over and we're on our way south to CA. Spending a night in IN, a little east of Indianapolis. May make it to MO tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great drive, it is a long way from Ny to Ca. I hope the weather is good, it ha been a little scary thru the mid west the last few days.

I am doing okay, the weather here is Central Florida is still hot during the day, but evenings are getting much nicer. The snow birds will be back before we know it. We get a lot of folks from the New England states and Canada. Our church population almost doubles in the Fall/Winter months.

I still have no restriction, so am having to watch my calorie intake. I think that in October, I will ask for a slight refill. I can tell when I have had enough, so I guess I have a little restriction, but can eat anything. I have gained about 1 to 1 1/2 lbs from my lowest. Yuck!!!But it was below my goal weight. Love to ya'll, and take care traveling. Karen (kll724)

Hello everyone I am new to the 60's thread. I turned 60 in July and was banded april 30,2010. Have had 4 fills not hit sweet spot yet. I am at 8.5 in an 11cc band. I am getting disappointed that maybe this wont work for me either. I only lost 1 lb this last month. urgggg

But I am hanging in there. It hasnt reached 11cc yet so there is still hope but I am almost 5 months out and lost 32 total. Still hanging in there and love this website