Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you burp more now that you are banded? (non-productive, just air)

Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)

• Yes, a LOT more
    • Yes, some more
    • No, same as before banding
    • Unsure

Since getting banded, I burp a WHOLE lot. Before banding I pretty much never did. Now pretty much after ever meal I burp. Real big ones. Very unlike me. It feels like they are coming from deep within my stomach. It's like after the last of the food makes it through the band that a massive amount of air escapes or something.

I have had zero complications with the band other than that... I'm not terribly restricted though since I'm losing weight still like this. I will be very happy to keep this as my only complication though... =) It's just... interesting. :)

Can someone please move this post to pre-op, post-op questions? I posted this in the wrong place somehow...

Yes, I burp a LOT more since being banded, and not just one or two, it's like a symphony.

Oh my goodness, I'm glad you posted this one! I've only been banded for 2 days and I CAN'T burp. I used to burp non-stop, but now I just can't get the air out. I've tried DeGas (An aussie pill) but it hardly works. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to know!

Same here with long and deep burps and I can't make them quiet. I work in a super quiet office (library quiet) and I'm wondering if I'm grossing out my office mates. I told my sister that I've turned into one of those people that I used to complain about that burp in the office like they are at home. LOL

Well - there isn't an option for me. I need a, "No, I burp much less than before banding" because it most definitely isn't the same as before.

I rarely, rarely burp. And when I do, it's different than how I would burp before. Like deep rolling burps, vs. shallow burps. Hard to explain, but I was joking around with some ladies I know who are banded once at dinner, and one of them burped in the exact same way so we started talking about it and yep -- all of us had noticed the same changes.

i used to burp huge long burps from deep within my stomach that would make homer simpson jealous....now small burps...practically girly...i'm so ashamed of myself :pray2:

I never thought I would be jealous of people's burps! I would love to be able to burp - I'm 3 days post op and still feel gassy. Maybe I just haven't got the hang of new burping yet or maybe it will be better once I start solids.

I always thought that burping after a meal was a compliment to the chef - at least that's what my grandma told me!

What sucks is that it seems like I always need to burp when there's a food queu in my pouch = discomfort. The pressure of needing to burp combined with not being able to. I learned about a year ago that I could kinda force a burp, but it runs the risk of bubbling up my pouch contents with it. :tt1:

I will also have to burp a lot more when something is stuck. Either tons and tins of itsy bitsy burps, or a growing pressure from needing to burp and not being able to.

And I should have clarified what I posted earlier. I used to do little dainty burps. Now I burp like... not dainty.

Hello everyone I have been gone for a long time but now I am back, I had a fill today by a doctor that has never done it before and I am not sure if it actually worked or not.

I am burbing alot since it was done is this a good sign?

I have more of a hiccup and it's LOUD, i do it after every meal and my 10 year old sits at the table and waits for mom to sound like a frog!!

yes, I think that is a sign you have restriction. I burp and hiccup as the Dr. was doing my last fill and this had not happened during the 1st one. And oh yes, but do I burp, hiccup and fart like something awful since being banded..........don't forget the hunger pains sounding like a freight train coming through the house.......quite embarrassing in a meeting with the big boss!!