Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is your body reshaping?

I will be 31 in march. I have one child. I am wondering if a woman in her 30's has a nice shape after losing 100lbs or do we have to take extreme measures? How is your body shaping up? Is it snaping back at all?

I will be interested to see what kind of replies that you get, because I am definitely wondering about what will happen. I don't have a big pannus but I do have a small "pouch" that hangs. I am hoping with the slower weight loss (vs. bypass), drinking lots of Water, exercise...and maybe my genes are good enough too...maybe I won't have too much saggy skin. But since I am self-pay and I doubt my insurance would pay, unless it's debilitating I don't think I would do plastics. There's just no way of knowing what'll happen so we'll see. :smile:

Well ... being in my upper 30's it's not looking good on this end. I had plenty of stretchmarks from my 2 kids so it's really getting wrinkly and soft now (sorry if it grosses you out!).

I'm going to try some bodywraps to help tighten up the skin and we'll see how that works. I've done it many years ago and I loved it so we'll see how it works with the extra skin.

Otherwise, my DH has said I can have a TT and breast lift when the time comes if I want it.

Well I had 3 c-sections and so I have one of those unattractive hanging pouches :unsure: ... it's getting flatter but still hangs. What bugs me more are my bat wings ... as far as body shape, I started off as a pear and now I seem to be an hourglass :smile:

No kids here.

I have always been round... manly figure, top heavy.. but my big boobs would give it away hah hah.

I am for the first time in my life, getting a WOMANS figure, I am having curves on my hips, my waist is no longer bigger than my hips..

lalaba222.jpg

Slowly but surely. I am a little sad that my skin is not tightening up like I had hoped. They say genetics plays a part.. my mom was a size 0, had 3 kids, and was a size 1 and wearing a string bikini after giving birth to the 3rd. And looking fabulous. With no saggy skin.

So I was hopeful.

So far, I have a droopy tummy.. and it puckers up all wrinkled and gross. I hope that it's just fatty in there still and as I lose more weight, it tightens up more.

And my upper arms are disgusting.

But honestly, I don't care! I'm still ecstatic to be this thin, wearing size 17 jeans.. never in my over age of 13 life have I been this 'small' hah hah. If I end up with gooey arms and tummy, I still look damn good in clothes.. and DH thought I was pretty when I was well over 300lbs, so some saggy skin isn't going to turn him off.

Mid 30's reporting in here. I had the pouch in the front and had to have a tt.. Love my flat belly and my cute belly button. I also had body liposculpture to Lipo fat deposits all over my body and I'm sorry to say yes, there is loose skin and I don't think that it will get any better. Good luck and if anyone knows of any products I can use to tighten the skin up let me know.

I recommend strength resistance training. 10 lb weights for each arm et al. It's really the only natural way the tighten up the skin.

Although I have not have my LB placed in yet, I have lost (and gained) 50 lbs on Atkins ... and the weight training was the only saving grace with tightening up the skin.

Good luck to you!

37 here. I've had various "reshapings" of my body. When I was in the more steady weight loss, I noticed loose skin in various places like my boobs, my belly and between my thighs. But as I've held steady for over a year and been exercising regularly, my body has kind of re-shaped and porportioned itself out. No more loose skin. I won't say things are perfect, I do have a bit of a pouch but as I recall I had that in high school only smaller.

My own bit of advice: give it time, your body may surprise you and catch up to itself. Mine did.

Has anyone done lots of situps etc to keep the stomach tight or tried a firming body lotion. I read one post somewhere else that their friend did 100 sit ups a day and has a firmer stomach because of it..I have been wondering about that before I get the surgery done..so I'm really glad I found this post.

No amount of exercise, or OTC product, is going to help skin that has been signififanctly stretched for a significant period of time. Most people who report that exercise helped are seeing improvement, but what happens is that the muscle under the skin bulks up and occupies more of the loose skin.

I have lost weight disproportionately, much quicker on top than lower body. My stomach skin, arm skin, thigh skin, and "side boob" skin is a mess and will either stay that way or need to be surgically removed.

Sorry for the poor quality, the orginal is tiny so I blew it up a bit.

post-205294-13813136319329_thumb.png

Yeah - I don't think much will change it but maybe time, some good genetics and a little luck :wink2:

I'm using a firming cream on my lower tummy - it's in sad shape - looks like I just had triplets. I can't say that it's doing any good though.

I had used the firming cream on my tushy a few years ago and it really smoothed out the dimples but I don't think it can handle the stretch marks and excess of what my tummy has to offer.

When I finish paying off this surgery (4 1/2 years to go unless I can get it paid off sooner) then I will look into funding some PS if I need it. Right now I would say that I DEFINITELY will need it but who knows after that amount of time what I will look like.

I'm really very thankful and pleased with how I ended up. I've spent a few months thinking that I almost wish my stomach was worse so that I could have a Tummy Tuck, I"m now one of those super annoying bitches that has a stomach most women would be happy with but that I mope over. But I realise that all I need to do is just lose some more weight, my natural build really means I need to be quite low in my healthy weight range, not mid way. I'm fine boned and not heavily muscled so in truth, that last bit of tummy is just extra fat, not skin. The skin itself is not crepey or loose.

I have quite a nice figure, I'm stoked. I'm a little pear shaped, which is not a bad way to be but at 40, I do carry cellulite on my bottom and thighs that probably will never go away. I've had 3 babies but am 5ft 10 and was one of those people who didnt need maternity clothes till 30 weeks so I never got huge and stretched out my stomach. Very lucky.

My boobs are the worst, they always were very droopy and are now very empty and sad, but I'm going to get a breast lift at the end of this year.

Its really truly just luck of the draw and depends on genetics and where you carry your weight. I never did have big arms or a really big stomach, so I dont have a problem there.

I've always worked my abdominals and I run regularly which makes them very strong, so yes, my stomach is perfectly flat, it just has some moosh on top of it, if you know what I mean.

I did opt for plastics - I was 34 - had 3 kids - 2 c-sections and had TERRIBLE stretch marks that made my stomach look like a shar pei dog. I had lost 80 of the 100 pounds I wanted to lose, but my plastic surgeon told me not to lose more weight because I was in good proportion at that weight. He removed 9 pounds of sagging skin from my stomach! My boobs were flat to my chest and hung low - they were the saddest thing you ever wanted to see. It was terrible - I *should* have felt better about my body but I had never felt worse. So I had a TT and breast lift with aug. I had terrible complications from the surgery and now have bad scars, but all in all I am glad that I did it. Fully clothed I have great confidence even though I am not the number on the scale that I want to be. No amount of sit ups would have helped me before - my stomach muscles were so stretched out. My surgeon pulled the muscle back together and re-sewed it so I have a tight flat stomach for the first time my life. That is VERY cool! Everyone's body is so different - I wish I hadn't needed it, but I did. I just wish I had waited longer post-band surgery to see if my body would have caught up with me before jumping under the knife. Good luck!

Not looking good here either.

Plastic surgery is in my future. No doubt about it. I'd like to be at a comfortable weight for at least a year and then I'm going for it! It's going to take me at least that long to save the $$ anyway - lol!

I'm an apple shape and seriously need panni removal/TT and a breast lift. I've got my fingers crossed that the girls don’t deflate so badly that I need implants. I'm holding steady at a saggy 36DD from a 44DDD. My arms are borderline but still much worse than I was expecting. My inner thighs are a maybe too but looking more like a YES than the arms. (specially after a TT)

I'm about to be 33. No children. 5'5". High weight of 311. I have very pale skin and lots of stretch marks. I've been over weight my whole life and always had this shape. :lol:

I'm gonna be 33 on the 30th of this month..when is yours?