Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Hello everyone my name is Robin

43 and 50lb down band on 7/31/08. can anyone tell me how to add the weight tickler.

There are a lot of threads on it, look up ticker in the search box. I would tell you but I just got lucky getting mine up there and had to have someone walk me thru it. good luck and congrats on the weight loss your doing fantastic.

I'm a git of an interloper here. I turn 40 in August and am definitely looking forward to it. Life gets better with each passing year.

In looking forward to my 40th, I am planning to be banded in January. It will be self-pay and I believe it is the most important investment I can make. I want to begin the year off right and to Celebrate my birthday as a healthier, better looking happier me. Anyway, thanks for allowing the intrusion.

It's not an intrusion, and welcome to the club. Both clubs. my 40's have been great, wouldn't trade them. good luck on your surgery. I was also self pay and don't regret one penny of it.

my birthdays oct 13 i get banded oct 20th bummer ill be 50.ughhh lol.lucky people who is younger having this surgery.i just hate turning 50 lol

Kimaly,

Thanks for the welcome! You've lost 42 pounds in 2 1/2 months? Wow! That is truly impressive.

Kimaly,

Thanks for the welcome! You've lost 42 pounds in 2 1/2 months? Wow! That is truly impressive.

Thx, But I have to say 13lbs was on the 2wk pre-op.

my birthdays oct 13 i get banded oct 20th bummer ill be 50.ughhh lol.lucky people who is younger having this surgery.i just hate turning 50 lol
Happy Birthday,:thumbup: My DH's is on the 14th. Well I'm not 50 yet so I hope you don't mind me speaking on it. Don't hate it, just think of how much wiser we are now. And I keep telling everyone that I'm gonna look better at 50 then I ever did at 30 and I mean that too. Besides 50 just might be your year to shine.

hi, I glad I found this forum. I turned 45 in May:eek: I was always a skinny child and young adult. I was just 168lbs at 8 months preg; but I don't come from skinny genes!!!! I worked for 15yrs at night 11pm-7am so my eating habits are shot; I still work in the eveing 3pm-12am. But while I was working nights, I started to slowly creep up in weight. When I was 35 I had a hysterectomy and all hell broke loose:frown: My weight shot up even faster. Then to beat all my partner ended our 6yr relationship:sad:

well depression was not the answer and my weight has soard up :thumbup:

all if this has not helped with my continuing depression. I have one great son who is tried of seeing me not being able to walk, stand, go places without fear of having to sit and wait for your loveones return. My four grandchildren want mom-mom to play with them without restrictions:ohmy:. My angels are 8, 7, 4, and 18months. I am just tired!!!!.

:blush: My friends who have seen me go from a sexy 12 to a reclosed 22-24 are scared and concern for me. I wish I had done sooner. I have bad knees, hypertension, sleep ap, and waddle when I walk. I know that it is much harder to loose weight in our 40's but with hope and support I will do this!!!! I need to do this for me and my grandchildren:smile:

I have found this site to be helpful in my jouney

Kim

Thanks, I have not been banded yet!!! I have been to my class and I will have my psych and nutritional eval on 10/28/08. My Doc and I need to discuss my gallbladder results to set a band date:scared2:

thanks again

I need words of encouragement

Kim:thumbup:

Hello Fabulous Forties!!! I am 46 and will be 47 in Feb. "09.....I lost 17 lbs Pre-Op. Total, I have lost around 31 lbs. I gained 5 lbs last few days. Could be from being on liquids for 4 weeks, then switching to pureeds. I am more comfortable on Liquids...Just might go back to it soon.. Right now, I am dealing with pmsing soreness around tummy, possibly from surgery 3 weeks ago.. I"m so happy to be banded..

Nice meeting you all..Please feel free to add me to your friends list..

Sweet Gothic..From MD

Hey Fab Forties!

I haven't checked in for quite a while...I finally have a date to be banded! I'm scheduled for November 17th (the week before Thanksgiving) and I'm so excited I can't stand it! :(

It seems like forever I've been waiting...I'm filled with so much hope and excitement for this process that when it finally happens, I've gotta watch out that I don't experience a let-down! :frown:

I've bought a few clothes for the transition, since some of my existing wardrobe is already loose on me. I am eagerly anticipating getting a new wardrobe at the end of this journey, and I am happy that my banding date is approaching. :wink2::thumbup:

Hi! I turned 40 in January and my dh took me for a weekend trip to San Francisco to Celebrate. Well, between a miserable airplane ride (the seat was small), to my feet/knees/back hurting from the extra weight I was carrying when I tried to walk much, to (again) being miserable on the tour bus we rode on...I knew then I had to do something! I just didn't know what.

I really feel like this lap-band is the answer and I have hope again!

Nice to meet you!

~~anne

Hi! I turned 40 in January and my dh took me for a weekend trip to San Francisco to Celebrate. Well, between a miserable airplane ride (the seat was small), to my feet/knees/back hurting from the extra weight I was carrying when I tried to walk much, to (again) being miserable on the tour bus we rode on...I knew then I had to do something! I just didn't know what.

I really feel like this lap-band is the answer and I have hope again!

Nice to meet you!

~~anne

Us fab forties aren't to good about posting on this thread. But wanted to take the time to welcome you. Take another trip for your 41st I bet it'll be alot better.