Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Hello Fab Forties

I turned 49 June 25 and will be banded on July 23rd. I plan to be fit and fabulous 50, I'm going on a cruise for my 50th and plan on looking and feeling good. That is, if I can make it past the 1 wk preop and 3 wks of postop liquids, that is freaking me out.

I go on 7/22, know what you mean about the pre-op i have two weeks. i'm 8 days in. I cook big old country dinners for my hubby every night as i settle in for a Protein Shake. and trust me it's hard, but getting easier as it goes, not quite as hungry as i was in the begining. but I just don't seem to be dropping any weight, just maintaining at this point. would love to lose about 15lbs before surgery. But at this point i don't see it happening so i'll just take what i get. good luck to you!

Hello Fab Forties

I turned 49 June 25 and will be banded on July 23rd. I plan to be fit and fabulous 50, I'm going on a cruise for my 50th and plan on looking and feeling good. That is, if I can make it past the 1 wk preop and 3 wks of postop liquids, that is freaking me out.

YOU GO!!! I'm two years from 50. But you have a great idea...i think that i'll start planning my cruise now. Won't it be wonderful to be much healthier by 50. it truely will be fab. NOT GOING TO LIE...1st month is hard, but you can do it. Plus you will probably loose quickly during this time. Good luck & keep us posted.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the flat tummy. I was talking to a lady today whose friend died from a blood clot following a tt so I think it may just be underwires and Spanx for me (ha ha)!

Hi. If it makes you feel any better, I just turned 41 and my kids are turning 2 and 6 this summer!

It's amazing to me to be in my late 40's and feel better than I did in my late 30's!

Congrats to all of you getting ready to jump on the band wagon!

Hi everyone!

This looks like just the site I need. I am 48 and have been banded for 17 months and have had not too bad a loss all could be more right??? I have been stalled for the last 4 months, not gaining but not losing either. Which in its self something that I have never done before. I am so happy with this band and would never want to be with out my new Best friend. I am thinking TT but was wondering how close to goal weight you need to be before they will even concider it?

What a good idea to celibrate 50...a cruise...I too am going to start planning.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

:thumbup:OK yesterday I did Something I have never done before.......I JOINED A GYM!!!!! and I signed up with a personal Trainer for 24 (OMG) :thumbup::thumbup:sessions. This is all for me. I knew I couldn't handle the Gym on my own so I went with the personal trainer to help. Wish me Luck,

Rosi, that is awesome. I recently joined a gym as well. At first, it may seem like a chore to go, but after a couple of weeks, you will feel bad if you don't go.

How did you lose so much weight in such a short time? I am working my butt off to get to 30lbs. I was banded on May 1st. I did not do a pre-op diet, so 30 is since my surgery. I have had 3 fills and feel that I could use even more restriction.

I injured my knee about 3 weeks ago, so I haven't been able to do any cardio.... even walking makes my knee hurt. I tried rebounding 2 days ago, but my knee felt like it was going to "pop" out of the socket. I guess I should see a DR if it doesn't improve.......

Best of everything to you... Kudos for such success!!!

Hi Gang -- don't think I've been in here before. But according to my driver's license, it's where I belong!

I turned 46 in July, but seeing as I'm almost 100 lbs lighter than I have been in the last decade -- I feel 26!! :smile2:

Hi Ladies!

I'm just starting the process - looking forward to an approval (hopefully) and getting banded before Christmas. I would love to start my 47th birthday in February much lighter than I am right now.

Like some of you, I just became a Grandma, and my 4 month old grandson is a big part of the reason I want to lose this weight. I want to be able to chase him around and play with him!

Looking forward to the process, and nice to meet everyone!:)

Hi Ladies!

I'm just starting the process - looking forward to an approval (hopefully) and getting banded before Christmas. I would love to start my 47th birthday in February much lighter than I am right now.

Like some of you, I just became a Grandma, and my 4 month old grandson is a big part of the reason I want to lose this weight. I want to be able to chase him around and play with him!

Looking forward to the process, and nice to meet everyone!:)

Congrats on the grandbaby,:blushing: that's the reason i wanted this too. it made me start thinking about getting healthy so i would be here for them. I'll be praying your approval is speedy and goes well. what do they say: buckle your seat belt your in for a bumpy ride! lots of ups & lots of downs. i've only had my band for 6wks and i'm 28lbs down and already think it's worth the ride.

Hello fab40's!! I have been MIA for a while, I miss posting. I use to make this a daily routine, summer, life, not sure what is going on has been in the way.

Glad to hear you are all still here. How has your summer been? I have been busy with my two grandchildren too, age 2 and 4mths. My 2 yr. old grandaughter, soon to be 3, just started preschool, she is growing up so fast. She is busy, and I am glad I am lighter to keep up with her. I am with you Ebonyrose!!

Rosi, how is the gym? I can relate to your situation when you posted last. I have been banded now for 15mths and I have been stuck too. Nothing lost but thank goodness nothing gained. but I need to get moving. Today my dh and I walked the dogs and I ran some, it felt so good. I just need to keep moving, I know that!

Hope everyone who was banded in July is doing FANTASTIC!!