Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Hi Fabulous Forties!

I have not posted for awhile! I thought I would say hello and see how everyone is doing. I am doing great! I am down 93 pounds and have started taking horseback riding lessons again! I am so flippin happy I have my band!

I'm also toying with the idea of another fil. I'm hungary it seems all day long. I am able to control it mostly during the day but the night time gets me eating. I don't know if I eat because I ate minimal during the day or because of head hunger. Do you find this that you eat more at night when you don't eat much durig the day. I eat at night and somehow feel I;m entitled to eat because of the less eating during the day.

I try to eat so that I'm not hungry all day long. I know that I don't have much willpower (hence the need for the band!), so if I've let myself be hungry all day, I will overeat and/or make bad choices at night. If I eat a good Breakfast and lunch, so that I'm NOT fighting hunger all day, I find I can make much better choices at each meal and can resist the urge to snack again at night.

My typical day's meals are:

* Breakfast: 1 poached egg, 100g baked Beans, 50-100g tinned mushrooms in butter sauce (total 185 calories, note - I thought the "butter sauce" would mean the mushrooms were way high in calories and fat, but it turns out they don't really use a lot of real butter and they are VERY low - YAY!)

* Lunch: As many salad veges as I can fit in (cucumber, celery, carrots, sweet peppers, beetroot, pineapple pieces, etc), usually at least a cup, and a slice of very lean ham and low fat cheese (around 300-400 cal, depending on how much cheese I add).

* Dinner: Whatever's on the menu, serving on a small sandwich plate, no piling up allowed (300-400 cal)

* Late night snack: Low calorie dessert treat of some type, eg stewed apples or berries with custard (215 - 415, to a max total of 1200 for day).

I'm also toying with the idea of another fil. I'm hungary it seems all day long. I am able to control it mostly during the day but the night time gets me eating. I don't know if I eat because I ate minimal during the day or because of head hunger. Do you find this that you eat more at night when you don't eat much durig the day. I eat at night and somehow feel I;m entitled to eat because of the less eating during the day.

Hi Bandana,

I'm much the same way - if I eat well during the day, it's easier to fight off the night hungries. I also have the same kind of thought process - it helps me to have small portions of fruit or something else low-cal around so when I feel like I'm "entitled" to eat, there's something quick and safe around.

I think it's a holdover from my pre-banded life - I remember doing the same kind of thing - eating little or nothing during the day and getting fast food at night. I have found that having a snack before my afternoon commute (or during the commute - fruit or a small amount of protein) helps me to arrive home in a non-ravenous state and not try to eat everything in the house.

Let us know how you're doing and what adjustments you make...:laugh:

hey all,my dr says if im hungry at night,to eat a hard boil egg and a piece chz,because its protien and will help me stay full,

hey all,my dr says if im hungry at night to eat a hard boil egg and a piece chz,because its protien and will help me stay full,
Thats what I do, but I go for the string cheese(less cals) It's what I take to lunch often also.

I'm new to for 40's forum...banded 04/10/09 and have lost 31 lbs so far since my initial consult. Feel great! Saying a big HI to all the 40 somethings out there.

Thanks girls

Guess what. I'm hungary. But after reading your recent replies, I'm going to get myself a cheese stick. Thanks

Hi There.

My name is Lynn. I am 41 and have lost 50lbs since getting my band.

Good luck to everyone. Am looking forward to getting to know you all better! Best of luck to everyone!!

i'm laura and since i was banded on jan 20th i have lost 31lbs my next fill is april 12th

Hey Forty Somethings,

I'm Meekie,

I was banded Aug 2008! I have lost 115 pounds total! I've had a few set backs but all in all, I'm totally happy, pleased, overjoyed, satisfied, and content with my band! I just turned 41 in February and I feel fabulous. I never thought I would feel this great at 40 since my previous weight was killing me! I feel free to be me. So, I wanted to join this forum to keep up with rest of you forty somethings!!!!

Take care everyone and remember to make your band work for you!

Hi fabulous forties.....I was banded on 4/1/2011 and initially regretted the surgery, but now I feel wonderful. Can't wait until the day, I can fit into my dresses that still have the tags on them. I will be sexy 45 in October and just embracing life and this new journey.

This is my first week in the mushie stage....I feel like I am taking more than 1/2 cup of food, but I just stop eating when my body tells me I had enough to eat. My first fill will be on 5/11/2011, so I guess I am on my own to watch what I put in my mouth and to exercise. I'm just banded no fill yet. I'm okay so far...if there is any problems, I will come to this site and start reading for encouragement.

Hi Michelle. Welcome to LBT! Some general advice - if you are satisfied eating only 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food at a meal, you don't need another fill! Save your fills until you find yourself more and more hungry between meals and the portion sizes are getting over 1 cup per meal. Everyone is different and some people don't even need any fill to be satisfied on the 1/2 - 3/4 cup portions. Others might need 6 or more fills to get there. No point in having fills you don't need - you might end up too tight (which is way worse than too loose).