Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flour Tortillas and Almond Milk

Okay guys....two questions!!

1. How does everyone do with Flour Tortillas????

2. Does anyone know about Almond Milk....I know it sounds weird, but my friend who has just recieved her "personal trainer" certification swears by it. She mixes it in her morning protien shake everyday and loves it. She brought me over some today and made me a shake with my shake stuff, the almond chocolate milk, and frozen cherries.....OMG....it was great it tasted like choclate covered cherries...!! I just wanted to know if anyone else has tried this type of milk and your thoughts!!

i have issues with flour tortillas...

and almond milk i never had.. but sounds good i may try it... now the problem is trying to find out where i can purchase it:grin:

Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened, chocolate 32 fl ozBlue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened, Original 32 fl ozBlue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened, vanilla 32 fl ozShow All Nutrition Factspixel.gif

424-0003

Blue Diamond

Almond Breeze Unsweetened, Chocolate

32 fl oz

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 8 fl oz

Servings Per Container: about 4 pixel.gifAmount

Per Serving% Daily

Value*pixel.gifTotal Calories45 pixel.gif Calories From Fat30 pixel.gifTotal Fat 3.5 g5% pixel.gif Saturated Fat 0 g0% pixel.gif Trans Fat 0 g pixel.gifCholesterol 0 mg0% pixel.gifSodium 180 mg8% pixel.gifPotassium 230 mg7% pixel.gifTotal Carbohydrates 3 g1% pixel.gif Dietary Fiber 1 g4% pixel.gif Sugars 0 g pixel.gifplus_box.gif Show Net Carbs

minus_box.gif Net Carbs

Minus Fiber

g

pixel.gifProtein 2 g pixel.gifVitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 20% Iron 4% Vitamin D 25% Vitamin E 50% Phosphorus 4% Magnesium 6% pixel.gifpixel.gif*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.Made with real almonds.Ingredients: Purified Water, almonds, cocoa (dutch process), tapioca starch, Calcium carbonate, sea salt, potassium citrate, natural flavor, carrageenan, soy lecithin, Vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D2 and d-alpha-tocopherol (natural vitamin E). Warning: NOT FOR USE AS AN INFANT FORMULA.This product may contain traces of nuts. pixel.gifIf you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact Blue Diamond at 800-987-2329

I can't do tortillas when I'm feeling any restriction. I get stuck almost every time. If it's toasted to mostly crunchy I can eat it but then I try to avoid them because of the carbs.

I have one of those little burrito makers that I use every now and then. I put in meat or eggs, and cheese wraped in a tortilla. The machine toasts it all up and melts the insides.

hmmmm - I'm making myself hungry

wombat

i eat the corn tortillas without any problems. the flour ones are harder to get broke down and they seem sticky! they are also double the calories, one flour is 120 cal while you get two corn for 120.

The almond milk sounds good - but not enough Protein for me

I can eat both flour & corn tortillas - I have gotten stuck on corn that was only warmed over gas flame - but when fried no problem - flour I can do if i take small bites and eat slowly - had a burrito last nite for dinner.

Can't do any type of tortillas, except like crispy.. and boy do I love and make some delicious flour tortillas.

Homemade tortilla - OMG you are making my mouth Water - just got filled so am on liquids for a week :smile:

Flour tortillas make me spit up.. but I think it may be that I don't chew them well enough. However, even with a conscious effort, I have issues.. so I just marked them off my list. Never a huge fan of them to begin with.

Almond milk sounds interesting.. the unsweetened kind, do you just drink it and it's sweet or what?

I just took a wheat tortilla and put a little pizza sauce on it and broiled it in the oven for 7 minutes. It made it all crunchy and easy to eat, not to mention delicious.

I have not tried almond milk but I absolutely adore soy milk.

Flour tortillas make me spit up.. but I think it may be that I don't chew them well enough. However, even with a conscious effort, I have issues.. so I just marked them off my list. Never a huge fan of them to begin with.

Almond milk sounds interesting.. the unsweetened kind, do you just drink it and it's sweet or what?

My trainer friend put it in a protien shake for me. I have not tired it by itself...scares me...!

I eat the almond milk with my ceral everyday, it tastes good with life ceral, its 80 calories for a cup, but I only use a 1/2 cup.

I got mine at Trader Joes, they have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and Regular.

Regular was 1.69 all others were about 2.00

:]