Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fellow bandster needs help in SLC, UT!!

I'm banded myself and pretty happy..weight loss a bit slow, but overall OK. I'm posting for another woman who posted last night very late.

I responded via e-mail since she said she wanted her band removed and nothing more to the post. She didn't want to write on line since she's been made to feel badly for being negative. She's in SLC and cannot find anyone to see her since she was banded in Mexico. She's only been banded for 3 weeks, was told 6 weeks of liquids and was given a fill after 3 days of her surgery. She needs help immediately as she can't keep anything down.

I've given her my surgeon's name, the hospital name etc. and no one will even talk to her. Any suggestions, quick? She's very depressed and has no where to go.

Help needed for Marcia please!

Why does she want the band removed? Is she having a band problem that we might be able to help her with? Or, if she's depressed perhaps her troubles have nothing to do with her band. In that case there's only so much anyone can do without her taking the first step of talking to a professional. You seem like a good friend for being so concerned but it's just too difficult to suggest how to help if we don't know what the problem is. Do you have any more info to share?

has she tried going to the emergency room if she needs an unfill?

she shouldn't give up on the band so soon though. I can understand if she's having complications but there is some adjustment needed for being banded as you know :smile:

hope everything turns out all right - let us know how she's doing!

I am in SLC and was banded in Mexico. I see Dr Cottam at Salt Lake Regional. The # to his office is 478-0010. They also have support groups that as a patients of Dr Cottam can attend.

Hope this is helpful!

Jill

I'm in SLC and see Dr. Muse. He's with Fill Center USA, and they work primarily with patients banded in Mexico. You can reach them at fillcentersusa.com

~Lori

THANKS TO EVERYONE IN SLC!!

I've forwarded on your messages directly to Marcia's e-mail and hopefully, she'll be able to get some help tomorrow. She was pretty distraught, but wasn't very clear about what she's facing, just that she wanted the band out, so she can get some relief. I'm afraid there was little or no training as to what she might expect after surgery.

I'm hoping to hear that she's OK and going to stay with us for the long haul. Really makes me crazy when people say we've taken the "easy way out" though...

Thanks again!

This is not the easy way out, thats for sure. You really have to do your part for this band to work. Whats SLC???? Donna

Is there something I can help with.

i live in wyoming but drive to slc for my fills. i too go to dr muse. he is great. you can get ahold of him through fillcentersusa.com or his practice name is highland family practice i believe.