Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No restriction after fill?

Okay... so everything was going well, lol.

I had my first fill on Tuesday. Suppose to be on clear fluids Tues, full fluids Wed/Thurs, soft food tomorrow and regular food Saturday.

So... I did the clear fluids.... had full fluids yesterday and had soft foods today. I know, being bad already but I am starving....

So... I stop eating at a point because I know I should BUT I don't feel any restriction still.... shouldn't I by now??? Two days later? Or am I really asking too much?

I don't know how much my fill was but I do know my doc is fairly conservative.

Do you know how soon after a fill you can have another? Should I not even be worried about this until I start back on a normal meal deal?

Ugh...

I want to lose already, lol.

TIA

Emmy my first fill took a week before I noticed a real difference

Also wait utnil you get to sloids and try a variety of hard Proteins to see if there is a diference..liquids and soft foods are dificult to determine restriction.

Michelle,

How much was your first fill? I know everybody is different. I got a 1.9 fill and I do feel restriction, but I thought it would be more restrictive. It hasn't been a week yet so I may feel it much stronger later?

Thanks.

Darcey my first fill was 1.1cc's

Yes there is a possibility you will get more restriction..somedays you may find you have more restriction the other days too..seems alot of things make adifference to me like theweather, my Water retention, my period..fickle band

My radioligist said the restriction should not change in a week or two. I told him that I have heard MANY people say that there level of restriction was more intense after a couple of weeks.

I had my first fill Monday, 1.5cc and I can't eat too good until late afternoon.

I drink a protien drink for Breakfast and eat cottage cheese for snack. For dinner tonight I had about 1/2 c chicken with gravy, 3 Tlb of mashed potatoes with gravy (of course), 3-4 TLB of green peas and 1/2 roll with butter. Not too shabby and a third of what I use to eat, lol. I have been writting down what I eat and my calories and protien. I am getting about 1200 calories and I have to focus to get that. I do the treadmill every day and weights 3-4 times per week so I need the energy.

I hope I don't tighten up, I will be in trouble.

i'd say it took me two good fills of 2cc's a piece before I started seeing restriction..now that i'm up to a total of 5cc's I can tell a big difference! You'll get there sweetie, dont rush it, 20lbs gone is 20 gone forever and your doing a great job! it takes awhile at first but then before you know it you'll be loosing like your supposed to! Good luck!!

Mexican bandsters get larger fills, because Mexican doctor don't abide by any Fill schedules. While people banded in the USA normally get smaller fills because doctors are more cautious. (lawsuits maybe?? )

For me personally, I always felt the restriction right after my fill.

I would beg to differ on the comment you just made about Mexican Dr's giving bigger fills and not following fill schedules. I think that was a pretty uninformed comment. I noticed that the post before yours said she had 2 fills of 2cc's and from the name of the DR doesn't appear to be mexican. My first fill was only .8cc and my sister's was only .5cc and we both had mexican dr's. It has been over two weeks and I don't feel any restriction. I have been told that I cannot get another fill until I am at LEAST 6 weeks from the previous fill and have not lost 1 to 2 pounds a week for 3 to 4 weeks. So, I advise not making such across the board comments about "Mexican" dr's. And keeping in mind that most of the Mexican have FAR great experience that the american drs. Suffice it to say... they know what they are doing.

the amount of difference in the restriction that people feel with different amounts of Fluid in theri bands is truely amazing.

I have a 4.2 cc fill in a 10cc band and feel like i havent even had a drop put in it. And then there is blossom with same size band and less Fluid in it and her restriction is really tight.

Our bodies are wonderful bits of art aint they. Well i go for my next fill next wednesday so hopefully i will get the restriction i am craving lol.

love tracey

Theresa the woman you referred to in your post looks like she has a 10cc band which is why she has gotten such larger fills then those who have a 4cc band which is most of us who went to Mexico. The 10cc band needs 1-2 cc's per fil lto get the restriction right, those who have the 10 cc band will agree with this. Putting .5 cc in a 10 cc band is hardly comparable to putting in .5 ccs into a 4 cc band

Most of us who went to Mexico have a 4cc band, however there are some with larger BMI whe went to Mexico and got the 10 cc band

Here is an excerpt from Dr. Ortiz's book who is a Mexican surgeon

" The protocol frequently used in the U.S is 1cc to 1.2 cc's in the first fill and then visits every two weeks where incriments of .2 cc's are added until the desired restriction is attained. Fill preformed outside the U.S. are usually more aggressive"

I have had 3 fills with my Mexican doctor and will not need any moreto get me to my goal wTheresaeight. I think he was pretty aggressive.

Tracey, I recently found out that I had mistakenly understood my dr when he told me I had a 10 centimeter band that holds 4cc's to mean that I had the 10cc band. Gosh, once I found that out things started making sense! Boy is my face red!!! :eek Good luck with your fill!!!

Hi Theresa,

Leo is normally very informed. Blossom and Michelle are correct about the differences of the 4 and 10 cc. band too. I think every doctor is different both in the U.S. and Mexico BUT U.S. doctors do tend to give smaller fills. You must have a particular Mexico surgeon who follows the more conservative guidelines. I think that is a very wise choice. Many problems arise for people that get too big of fills and unless you live near Mexico it would be a pain in the butt going back down to get some removed. I had a Mexican surgeon but use a local fill doctor. My first fill was 1 cc. which was perfect for me and my second fill was only another .2 cc's. That has maintained the perfect tightness. He says I should be able to eat 1 cup of food at a time and average 1-2 lbs lost a week. I have maintained that perfectly. It takes many people two or three fills to get a good spot though. Best wishes, Teresa

I would beg to differ on the comment you just made about Mexican Dr's giving bigger fills and not following fill schedules. I think that was a pretty uninformed comment. I noticed that the post before yours said she had 2 fills of 2cc's and from the name of the DR doesn't appear to be mexican. My first fill was only .8cc and my sister's was only .5cc and we both had mexican dr's. It has been over two weeks and I don't feel any restriction. I have been told that I cannot get another fill until I am at LEAST 6 weeks from the previous fill and have not lost 1 to 2 pounds a week for 3 to 4 weeks. So, I advise not making such across the board comments about "Mexican" dr's. And keeping in mind that most of the Mexican have FAR great experience that the american drs. Suffice it to say... they know what they are doing.

My Bad, I retract my previous comment, sorry for ticking you off maam :)

I'll try to stop making any more general blanket statements from now on.

Actually, the comment was just posted in haste I should have spend a little more time to make it politically correct.

And also, the posting I made was in no way supposed to be negative, I am banded in Mexico also, I have nothing but praise....

Glad to see that, Leo. It takes a big (not any more) man to admit a hasty comment. Seriously, I hate my US fills & can't wait to get back to Mexico to have a fluoro & maybe a fill. My nurse pract. here only uses fluro for "emergencies"; she doesn't have any problem finding my port, but if you'll excuse the expression, it's always hit or miss as to whether the fill will be enough. My doc in Mexico is great at fills. But I agree, we really can't make blanket statements.